wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
THANK YOU YOUR EXCELLENCY THE PRESIDENT
IDP
#1 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:15:08 AM

During your campaigns in 2002. You told us to evaluate you on the following areas
1. education
2. Infrastructure
3. New Constitution
4. Opening up of democratic space.
5. To tame run away corruption.
6. Economic growth

In all the above areas, you have performed well sometimes under difficult circumstances. If you read wazua, know that we are very grateful. During those university days you inspired many to study Economics and to play golf. You are still a role model and a hero to many. After retirement you can have one on me at Kirinyaga Tavern.
! Once again Thank you SirApplause Applause
Lolest!
#2 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:24:44 AM

He didn't do very well on corruption. He promised zero tolerance and I saw some tolerance.

On the rest I agreeApplause
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Kaka M
#3 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:26:06 AM

IDP wrote:
During your campaigns in 2002. You told us to evaluate you on the following areas
1. education
2. Infrastructure
3. New Constitution
4. Opening up of democratic space.
5. To tame run away corruption.
6. Economic growth

In all the above areas, you have performed well sometimes under difficult circumstances. If you read wazua, know that we are very grateful. During those university days you inspired many to study Economics and to play golf. You are still a role model and a hero to many. After retirement you can have one on me at Kirinyaga Tavern.

I second your opinion but I think for point number 5 above there is plenty of room for improvement.
Jus Blazin
#4 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:30:22 AM

Let's give him 5.4 out of 6. That's 90%. A clean 'A'. He's also shown when to strike a balance between politics and development.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
bkismat
#5 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:34:37 AM

IDP wrote:
1. education (Good B+)
2. Infrastructure (Very Good - A-)
3. New Constitution (Excellent- A)
4. Opening up of democratic space (Excellent- A).
5. To tame run away corruption (Poor D).
6. Economic growth (Very Good A-)

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
'user'
#6 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:38:35 AM

I always feel like complaining when I see poor leadership on hunger on my Ukambani people and Northern Kenya people But when I head to a place like the globe cinema/ Thika highway spectacle , I willingly forgive Kibaki.He inherited a country in tatters.A country that resembled a post war situation.I shift all the blame to Moi , who like Mubarak should be in Jail for destroying the economy of this country.

I thank Kenyan people/media /websites like wazua for making Noise whenever Kibaki is tempted to dip his hands in the cookies pot e.g anglo-leasing scandal.This has acted as deterrence.

Kibaki has set the standard very high for the next president of Kenya
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
Intelligentsia
#7 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 12:13:48 PM

Forgive me for not leaping with joy, but aren't we thanking him for doing what he is supposed to do anyway! Because that’s the mandate we gave him,huh? Maybe we are just relieved the old man kept his promise esp since his predecessor and peers werre of a different mould.

Corruption, it’s not him to get rid of it but all of us! We keep lambasting Mpigs for corruption but it is sisi, the professionals who:
- issue certificates of completion to contractors saying a road has been properly tarmacked when in actual fact it is still a cattle track,
- facilitate theft of relief food; like the way cash meant for
developing ASAL was stolen,
- participate in stealing FPE funds,
- certify buildings habitable only for them to collapse,
- buy spare parts cheaply, knowing they must have been stolen from one of us kwa jam fulani,
- buy a ka plot with issues then bribe wasee wa lands to issue a title deed
- help steal drugs and medical supplies from govt hosis.

True, Obako as the nation's Chief Executive Officer can set the anti-corruption tone like he did at the beginning of his reign but we have to inculcate a culture of respecting public property is us ama ata fail. Because where we are now, kuiba pesa na mali ya umma imekuwa ni kama utamaduni kwetu wakenya....

Hata wewe ukikuwa MPig leo you will inflate fuel invoices kesho, in between scheming how to evade paying taxes - wanna take that to the bank?
FundamentAli
#8 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 12:20:19 PM

Lolest! wrote:
He didn't do very well on corruption. He promised zero tolerance and I saw some tolerance.

Some tolerance my foot! A lot of tolerance
Mainat
#9 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 12:24:17 PM

But for inflation, weak Ksh, lack of or inchorent agriculture policy, I'd give him a B on the economy.
F (fail) for political leadership and
U (unscored) for Katiba Mpya because implementation is the key otherwise its just a piece of paper.
Sehemu ndio nyumba
nostoppingthis
#10 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 12:30:07 PM

Ati economic growth A??? surely...
selah
#11 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 12:37:01 PM

I give him a C+ the reason being all that you have enumerated might be comparable to what Ivory coast first president did...now look at it now.

Unless a president unifies the country and direct the populous into a unified goal or vision,He has failed in my opinion.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Burning Spear
#12 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 12:38:36 PM

on Overall,Mr.President qualifies to Join a good provincial school if not Alliance H.S

He has done exemplary well considering the ravaged country he inherited.Infrastructure and democratic space are among the best subject he scored a clean A.

Education and Healthcare both attained a B+ while Corruption,inflation pulled the mean grade down scoring at D (plain) and C- respectively.

If it were not for the constitution,Mr. president,I would have voted you for a third term in office.
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
Jus Blazin
#13 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 12:51:40 PM

Let's give the old man credit where its due. Like @'user' says, he inherited a country in tatters. You didnt expect us to be first world right now, did you? Look around you, though much still needs to be done, a lot has also been done as well in our road to recovery.

IMHO, he's the best transitional leader we got. He may be weak politically, but in terms of development, surely, hamjaona maendeleo? The onus is on the next president to take the country towards unity. Everyone has his strengths. For MK, it was development.

And yet again, for a president to unite a country, he needs political goodwill from the politicians. But we can all see the bickering in public arenas.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step, and we can all agree, we are miles from where we began in 2002. Let's not be people who are so focused on the negatives to see the good around us (I am not saying we stop talking about it, but let's not focus entirely on negatives). Let's also learn to appreciate and count our blessings and progress.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Lolest!
#14 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:06:26 PM

selah wrote:
I give him a C+ the reason being all that you have enumerated might be comparable to what Ivory coast first president did...now look at it now.

Houphouet-Boigny?
Lolest!
#15 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:09:20 PM

Intelligentsia wrote:
Forgive me for not leaping with joy, but aren't we thanking him for doing what he is supposed to do anyway!

Toro was there did a lot of mess.

It's OK to congratulate your employee for doing his job well.
Lolest!
#16 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:11:32 PM

FundamentAli wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Some tolerance my foot! A lot of tolerance

yeah, but can't compare with Moi-era thuggery
Mainat
#17 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:29:21 PM

yeah, but can't compare with Moi-era thuggery[/quote]
Do you prefer somebody to be smiling when they steal from you?
Sehemu ndio nyumba
Lolest!
#18 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:35:16 PM

Mainat wrote:

Do you prefer somebody to be smiling when they steal from you?

Nope. That is what Moi-apologists do. Moi stole big time but also distributed some loot through almost daily harambees and roadside handouts.So many Kenyans miss this.

We were effectively a nation of beggars.

The next President should give us more
selah
#19 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:38:52 PM

Lolest! wrote:
selah wrote:

Houphouet-Boigny?

Precisely, this guy transformed his village into a capital city with world class infrastructure if you look at how that country was run during his time its a replica of kibakis regime only that we are a multiparty.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
mukiha
#20 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:44:02 PM

According to me, his greatest road project is not Thika Road; it is the ongoing tarmacking of the Isiolo-Moyale road.

No one ever thought that this could be done!

Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.