wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Pigs to you: we wont pay. Mtado?
bkismat
#1 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 8:48:36 AM

I wish KRA make their threat real and attach the pigs' properties. They should begin with the PMpig's kasin coz he decided to be their spokesman. And what is Muthama doing with the lot? I thought he started paying his taxes way back in 2008.Sad
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
McReggae
#2 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 9:09:07 AM

Did you hear KM,
"I was forced to pay tax, I was under pressure from the public and civil society"
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
msupious financially
#3 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 9:13:45 AM

This is so annoying but yenyewe tutadoo? I think we shud also do the same...NKT
nostoppingthis
#4 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 9:26:29 AM

Doesn't their salary come from the budget? Why shoot it down?
quicksand
#5 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 9:29:29 AM

If they don't approve the budget, how will they get paid? Will Kibaki dissolve parliament? Will the taxman attach properties? Interesting times we live in. If Waweru blinks, he should pack it up and go home.
kingfisher
#6 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 9:42:14 AM

those are empty threats. KRA only needs to refuse to negotiate because there is nothing for them to negotiate.

@mpenzi and other briefs.... which law are these pigs basing there arrogance on?? Is it sustainable? Can we as citizens challenge it and possibly have them COMPELLED to pay the taxes. Wapi okoiti and others???
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Wendz
#7 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 9:50:44 AM

When i heard that on news, i was sooooo mad! sooo mad.... honestly, i was more than ready to hit the streets and let these useless representatives know that I also do not report to KRA but i pay my taxes..... Paying taxes is not negotiable... and hey, i would love not to pay it! I wish we kenyans would be annoyed enough to all refuse to pay our taxes and hopefully the private companies also put their foot down not to pay taxes too until these goons are made to pay their taxes and any arrears... .... why should we if they think they shouldnt?.... then we shall see if they will get that salary.... Why should they be paid with our money that they are not contributing to? Yet, someone earning 20k is still paying taxes? helloo, we also love good life but we live within our means.....

Were it not for my nature of work that does not allow me to engage in "political issues".... honestly, i'd either be in a police cell right now or making so much noise along parliament road....

We as kenyans have employed them... we want them to pay taxes.... It is true they dont report to KRA, just like i dont, but hell i still pay taxes!! what crap is this..... How did we not insert a clause saying that the next contestant for any elective position has to be cleared by KRA? How did we miss that out? Aaaaarrrgggh.... I need some coffee!
'user'
#8 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 10:34:02 AM

Let them shoot the budget down .It's ok.Sad Sad Sad they wont get their salary .The parliament will be dissolved , we will have an errection , we will kick 90% of them out .Its a God sent timing

And my Bro , Kalonzo, I thought you did a good thing by paying tax arrears , why regret doing it .Sad Sad Sad Kuwa na msimamo bwana.You should actually be proud of it.
I was bragging that our son had paid taxes , see what youve doneShame on you Shame on you Shame on you

McReggae wrote:
Did you hear KM,
"I was forced to pay tax, I was under pressure from the public and civil society"

2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
Jaina
#9 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:02:41 AM

All the hullabaroo is about MP's looking for excuse to increase their salaries in the process retain their Net Pay. And i can bet that next week they will do exactly that.

The Law demands that they pat Tax, KRA is protected to by law to attach their property and they know it. However since they are very selfish, they will not let go without something in the bargain, so Next Week MP's Salaries will be Increased to 1.2 M and backdated to Jul'2010. Then they will make headlines that they have agreed to pay taxes on all their allowances.

Its a shame!.
kingfisher
#10 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:19:30 AM

Jaina wrote:
All the hullabaroo is about MP's looking for excuse to increase their salaries in the process retain their Net Pay. And i can bet that next week they will do exactly that.

The Law demands that they pat Tax, KRA is protected to by law to attach their property and they know it. However since they are very selfish, they will not let go without something in the bargain, so Next Week MP's Salaries will be Increased to 1.2 M and backdated to Jul'2010. Then they will make headlines that they have agreed to pay taxes on all their allowances.

Its a shame!.

Very very sad indeed!!
Jus Blazin
#11 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:24:29 AM

Someone please explain something to me. Does the new constitution allow Mps to increase their taxes as they desire, like old times? Ama ni katiba gani wanatumia?

Somehow I think these guys will be in for a rude shock if this standoff continues to next year's GE. You can imagine when they've been kicked off the national assembly by the electorate and KRA comes in full swing to recover its dues. Watalilia wapi? Most of the, will end up broke. They'll still pay the taxes, and in millions.

There's a new constitutional order in town.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
nostoppingthis
#12 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:27:36 AM

Jus Blazin wrote:
Someone please explain something to me. Does the new constitution allow Mps to increase their taxes as they desire, like old times? Ama ni katiba gani wanatumia?

Really?? Increase their tax?? who would want to?
Jus Blazin
#13 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 11:32:50 AM

nostoppingthis wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:

Really?? Increase their tax?? who would want to?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Pardon me. Meant Increase their Salaries. I think I'm just fed up with these cry babies talking about taxes all the time.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
FancyFace
#14 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:51:36 PM

Jaina wrote:

Its a shame!.

this is too depressing...Sad Sad Sad Sad

Problems can get out of proportion, and not only in the wee small hours. Don't let the problems eclipse the Master. Let the Master eclipse the problems.
kingfisher
#15 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:15:00 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:

Pardon me. Meant Increase their Salaries. I think I'm just fed up with these cry babies talking about taxes all the time.

@Jus Blazin... I am not a brief but to my little understanding of the constitution, this is what it says regarding salaries and taxes.

210 (3) No law may exclude or authorise the exclusion of a State officer from payment of tax by reason of—
(a) the office held by that State officer; or
(b) the nature of the work of the State officer.

So here we see that no state officer is exempted or is exemptable. so far so good.

230. (1) There is established the Salaries and Remuneration
Commission.
(4) The powers and functions of the Salaries and Remuneration Commission shall be to—

(a) set and regularly review the remuneration and benefits of all State officers;

There are other functions for this commission which you can read for yourself, but the thing is these i believe are the only guys to deal with salaries

250—Composition, appointment and terms of office.
This deals with how the commission will be actualized.

SIXTH SCHEDULE (Article 262)

25.(2)The Salaries and Remuneration Commission shall be constituted within nine months after the effective date.

This commission ought to be in place by now. I checked CIC website and noticed it is not one of the enacted laws. Why is it not in place yet. Anyway the most important thing is the clause that follows.

(3) Until the legislation anticipated in Article 250 is in force, the persons appointed as members or as chairperson of the Salaries and Remuneration Commission shall be appointed by the President, subject to the National Accord and Reconciliation Act, and after consultation with the Prime Minister and with the approval of the National Assembly.

So it follows that the mpigs can not review their salaries. Only the Salaries and Remuneration Commission can. And it is not in place as per article 250, in which case then only the principals can put one in place after consultations.

So @just blazin.. these guys CANNOT REVIEW their salaries
McReggae
#16 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:24:32 PM

King:
True but they can adopt the Akiwumi report....unfortunately!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
kingfisher
#17 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:47:03 PM

McReggae wrote:
King:
True but they can adopt the Akiwumi report....unfortunately!!!

@Jah man...
see what you have called it.. A REPORT... that's what it is. And its undesired effects of reviewing the salaries should it be adopted by the mpigs are dealt with here below. Notice that the constitution does not waste time mentioning reports of commissions of inquiry!!! I should have studied law.

2. (1) This Constitution is the supreme law of the Republic and binds all persons and all State organs at both levels of government.
(2) No person may claim or exercise State authority except as authorised under this Constitution.
(3) The validity or legality of this Constitution is not subject to challenge by or before any court or other State organ.
(4) Any law, including customary law, that is inconsistent with this Constitution is void to the extent of the inconsistency, and any act
or omission in contravention of this Constitution is invalid.
(5) The general rules of international law shall form part of the law of Kenya.
(6) Any treaty or convention ratified by Kenya shall form part of the law of Kenya under this Constitution.
wanyuru
#18 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 3:01:22 PM

Too bad we'll just watch and whine! We are so *&"*"** divided!!!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#19 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 3:42:09 PM

I stopped worrying about this little problem. This is just herd mentality at play and honestly rather embarassing because these people should know better.
They will all pay their taxes, the brighter one's like akina MK and RAO who understand how patient and relentless the law can be paid their dues along time ago.

This noise makers will be chased to the point of exhaustion, waulize Gichuru and okemo how difficult it is to fight the system.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
simonkabz
#20 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 7:20:08 PM

For practical purposes, let the pigs keep their salaries. Its only a few months to go, n furthermore, why were they lied to? We shouldnt stall the progress of constitution implementation by humiliating the very pple assigned that job, just coz we hate them. Let me be the devil's advocate by stating that KRA is sabotaging the katiba thing, PRACTICALLY. All in all, lets make rational noise devoid of emotions. Im with the pigs lol!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!