wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Equity divided,splits
wanyina
#1 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2009 9:48:00 PM

Has any one received the divideds for equity shares?Also Cna anyone help me if the splits done whether is already credited to the share holders.The dyer and blair who are my brokers seems as if something they are dogging customers up with the truth,Is there any one with dyer and blair at this site?do you get your divided paid without too much problems as i go through? Imagine even to get my statement i had to go through hell,May be is becuse they know im out of the country.Please anyone help im very frustrated with this people.

wanyina
jammo
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2009 4:40:00 AM

...please download yesterday share prices list from nse.co.ke...scroll to the bottom..read the corporate announcements made and relevant dates for bookclosure,dividend payment(Equity-3rd april),upload of split shares..(Equity-no date given yet but equity gave mid may as prospective window of upload.)

DISCLAIMER: This is the opinion of one Jammo,CFA,CPA,Opinionated and Loud,based in nairobi. Whilst care has been taken in compiling the data to be as most factual n logical,he doesn't accept any responsibility of accuracy or completeness of info contained herein..neither does he purport to be a genius!
suraya
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:23:00 AM

I have been with dyer for about two years now,i think they are fine. About the statement are u talking about cds statements? for that please check ur email,they are sent on emails nowadays....
suraya
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:25:00 AM

and i get my dividend....
jinja
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2009 10:54:00 AM

please provide me with your email address and I will give you all the information you need.

For the case of equity split shares,they will be uploaded by the 20th may.

buy today..............................sell tomorrow........................
wanyina
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 3:04:00 AM

Mr jinja this is my email adress stevekamau2001@yahoo.com most i wonna know is has brokers paid equity divided already .

wanyina
jammo
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 4:26:00 AM

@wanyina... Why,for cryin out loud!..are your dividends paid through your broker? Dividends are paid directly to SHAREHOLDERS!! Going thro a broker is like sendin an alcoholic kid to get ur fix!!! Dividend should never be sent thro a broker!...your loss.

DISCLAIMER: This is the opinion of one Jammo,CFA,CPA,Opinionated and Loud,based in nairobi. Whilst care has been taken in compiling the data to be as most factual n logical,he doesn't accept any responsibility of accuracy or completeness of info contained herein..neither does he purport to be a genius!
wanyina
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 6:14:00 AM

Jammo,you are right that is the mistake that i did,when i opened nomura nominee account,with dyer and blair,i never thought about divided .Later I was told by my friend that he does get his divideds directly from them,little didnt i know that his divideds are sent to the bank directly.But since then i have tried to communicate to companies who holds my stake directly using the direct registered mail but they told me i have to identify myself personally,now i need to go home this year and i will be able to take my IDs directly. That way no broker will ever be involved with my divideds directly.....But you see also when my checks go directly to the dyer and blair they dont want to release them they wonna take advantage.But a good test is now i have instructed them if they get my checks from personal account which they dont manage they supposed to post it directly to my Nrb postal adress..Anyway im going home next month so i will do everything officially.My friend Jammo its quite a chunk of divideds for anybody to take advantage of......

wanyina
sheep
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:42:00 AM

@all...can one sell shares bought pre-split or you have to wait until 25th may when they are uploaded to the cds.thanks
The utimate goal of investing is to buy low sell high;if we re-write this core equation in psychology terms it becomes buy fear sell greed.
VituVingiSana
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:44:00 AM

You can only sell the split shares AFTER the upload. Expect millions on offer after the 25th.

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sheep
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:57:00 AM

I thought my broker was lying.....where then are this split shares coming from since we cant sell?Kumbe my supposed 70% profit was a mirage....Im feeling so violated
The utimate goal of investing is to buy low sell high;if we re-write this core equation in psychology terms it becomes buy fear sell greed.
VituVingiSana
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 12:06:00 PM

@sheep: Shares bought PRE-SPLIT can be sold as soon as they are 'cleared' on the CDSC system. The other 9 shares (the split shares) can be sold AFTER the upload. So you should & can sell -if you so wish - the shares you bought before the split was approved.

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
stockyt
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 12:27:00 PM

Frankly I have never heard of this kind of daylight price manipulation. Ati shares start trading ex split while the split shares will be available one aand half months later!! when what is required is simply to multiply all shares in a database by 10.

But its like everything is normal. Cant believe it!
VituVingiSana
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 12:38:00 PM

Bonus shares can only be sold AFTER upload.

jerry
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 12:54:00 PM

@stockyt. Never underate the intelligence of one James Mwangi. Ask JIMNA MBARU. Trading of splits r meant to coincide with cross-listing of EB in USE. @Suraya. Is it official that all CDS statements will be via email?

Ecs 11.2 Give portions to seven,yes to eight,for you do not know what disaster may come upon the land.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
sheep
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 1:04:00 PM

@vvs

Lets say I bought 1000 shares pre-split I now have 10000 shares ex-split;If i wanted to sell I can only sell the original 1000 shares but at ex-split price,while I wait for the 'extra' 9000 shares to be uploaded...right?
ONE WORLD
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 1:05:00 PM

Dyer and Blair are not bad neither are they good. You have to follow up ur dividends very closely otherwise they don't care. Since u have a nominee account I dont see how the dividends can be trfd to ur bank acnt.I beleive all the dividends MUST be paid to ur account thru Dyer. Getting ur statement can not be a problem Just obtain an online access password from Dyer and ull be able to trade and view ur csds holdings and statement for anygiven time period at anytime of the day. You can not get your holding cdsc account/Statement from CDS Company because u have been registered thru Dyer under Nominee Account.The only way you can verify ur Holdings and valuation is thru the online service Dyer is providing.Forget sending them mails it will take time to get a reply.

DONT'T SAVE WHAT IS LEFT AFTER SPENDING; SPEND WHAT IS LEFT AFTER SAVING.
chi20
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 1:17:00 PM

on the same thread,what is that the EB shares starts trading on 14th April????? there is a press release circulating on this.

mwana wa kahii. . . . . .