wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
Libyan Invasion
TAZ
#81 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:53:29 AM

"As South Africa we say no to the killing of civilians, no to the regime-change doctrine and no to the foreign occupation of Libya or any other sovereign state," South African President Jacob Zuma
'user'
#82 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:00:01 AM

Rahatupu wrote:
@User, Gadaffi has his weaknesses that is not in question. BUT the million dollar issue is that the protesters in Libya (Benghazi) could not muster the critical mass to oust him by non violent means, they resorted to use of heavy weapons. How was the regime supposed to respond? Secondly, the West waited hoping that the "rebels" could win in ousting Gadaffi until Gadaffi turned the tables on them. Why come in late?

Secondly, that the protests in Libya did not have economic grievances is not in question. In fact there is no mention of suffering by the people. The so called rebels are a bunch of disgruntled elements out to express their political disaffection but their retort to violence messed it up. this cannot be classified as a popular uprising in the same breathe as Tunisia and Egypt.

With the threats by Gaddafi only the steel hearted could go to the streets .Imagine when to the eyes of Gaddafi you are a rat or cockroach if you say No to him. Si unaogopa to

On the issue of economic grievances , Money does not buy happiness.

Just read the Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/...39;s_hierarchy_of_needs

The Libyans are possibly above the economic need.

They are saying no to a mornachy.
Gadaffi could just be a benevolent dictator.

2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
MaichBlack
#83 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:44:43 AM

Rahatupu wrote:
@User, Gadaffi has his weaknesses that is not in question. BUT the million dollar issue is that the protesters in Libya (Benghazi) could not muster the critical mass to oust him by non violent means, they resorted to use of heavy weapons. How was the regime supposed to respond? Secondly, the West waited hoping that the "rebels" could win in ousting Gadaffi until Gadaffi turned the tables on them. Why come in late?

Secondly, that the protests in Libya did not have economic grievances is not in question. In fact there is no mention of suffering by the people. The so called rebels are a bunch of disgruntled elements out to express their political disaffection but their retort to violence messed it up. this cannot be classified as a popular uprising in the same breathe as Tunisia and Egypt.

Well put. I couldn't have put any better.

No "suffering" Libyan [before this West orchestrated mess] would trade places with a Kenyan any day of the week. Libyan citizens even receive a cheque every year from the government as their share from proceeds of oil sales - among other government owned businesses. You get a 'dividend' cheque from just being a Libyan. Which other country in the world does that? Personally I don't any other.

Picture this. In 2009 there was $32 Billion in 'excess' oil cash and Gaddafi came up with a plan. The money was to be distributed directly to the citizen depending on economic status. The least amount would go to half a million Libyans that were identified as wealthy. They were to each get $1,000/= (Kshs. 85,000/=). The highest amount would go to one million Libyans who were identified as the poorest. They were to each get $23,000/= (Kshs. 1,900,000). Everybody else came somewhere in between depending on your wealth/poverty! This must be the worst president ever!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Rahatupu
#84 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:54:34 AM

'user' wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:

With the threats by Gaddafi only the steel hearted could go to the streets .Imagine when to the eyes of Gaddafi you are a rat or cockroach if you say No to him. Si unaogopa to

On the issue of economic grievances , Money does not buy happiness.

Just read the Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/...39;s_hierarchy_of_needs

The Libyans are possibly above the economic need.

They are saying no to a mornachy.
Gadaffi could just be a benevolent dictator.

@User, I doubt the organizational and intellectual capacity of the rebels to undertake a revolution that would see Gadaffi ousted. They knew they stood a slim chance of ousting Gadaffi using force yet went ahead. Now they don't have a plan B either, what if the West war machine gets Gadaffi out, how do they guard against an imposed puppet of say USA, Britain or France? They could easily usurp the revolution.

On Maslow's theory, sincerely I cannot relate how it addresses revolutionary theory better than classical Marxism/Maoism and imperialism theories of Walter Rodney, Nyerere, Shivji, Franz Fanon etc. Going up the pyramid militancy in demanding for satisfaction of whatever want/need/actualization tends to wane ( I stand corrected)
simonkabz
#85 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:44:49 AM

Lest we forget....the bombing continues...
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#86 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 10:37:58 PM

Someone has an egg on his face! The MURDER of Gen. Abdel Fatah Younis, commander of the rebel forces has thrown the rebels' bullshit in disarray. Shot n burnt by fellow soldiers, the bullet riddled body was found outside Benghazi, alongside 2 bodyguards. Britain, which made a formal recognition of the TNC a few days before, has a "gîthayo" on its face bwahahahahaha.....meanwhile, Gaddafi launched a massive offensive on misrata....go ahead Moamer, blast them cockups to smitherens ol' brother.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Kaigangio
#87 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2011 8:57:03 AM

simonkabz wrote:
Someone has an egg on his face! The MURDER of Gen. Abdel Fatah Younis, commander of the rebel forces has thrown the rebels' bullshit in disarray. Shot n burnt by fellow soldiers, the bullet riddled body was found outside Benghazi, alongside 2 bodyguards. Britain, which made a formal recognition of the TNC a few days before, has a "gîthayo" on its face bwahahahahaha.....meanwhile, Gaddafi launched a massive offensive on misrata....go ahead Moamer, blast them cockups to smitherens ol' brother.

seems there is a rebellion in the offing within the rebels...otherwise why would they kill the commander?
gadaffi must be popping some bottle of champagne not because of the younis murder but the eminent disintegration of the rebels and humiliation of NATO...
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
simonkabz
#88 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:35:13 PM

85 pple blasted to smitherens by NATO. Mostly families consisting of majority women n children. A dream of many tunnel visioned wazuans! Nkt!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#89 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:36:28 PM

May London, Paris n Washington burn to the ground.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#90 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:46:37 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
I don't believe in this line that most are trying to sell here between the west and the rest of the world.

Gaddafi is a sick man who has no business running a Kiosk, let alone controling a country, whatever reasons the West give for invading Libya are fine by me.

One of the reckless armchair theorists.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#91 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:49:41 PM

Njung'e wrote:
I'll play the devil's advocate alongside Obi and chairman.A despot who is more than willing to kill his people just to hang on to power deserves to be bombed into the next world regardless.

REGARDLESS of whoever dies. A careless statement I've never forgotten.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
sky5
#92 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2011 5:35:25 PM

simonkabz wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
I don't believe in this line that most are trying to sell here between the west and the rest of the world.

Gaddafi is a sick man who has no business running a Kiosk, let alone controling a country, whatever reasons the West give for invading Libya are fine by me.

One of the reckless armchair theorists.

Apart fropm despotism, Libya was being run well. With 4% debt to GDP ratio, it is the least indebted country in the world. But the 'war' will push them into debt and into the hands of marshall planners.
kingfisher
#93 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2011 5:48:51 PM

give me a gun and directions to benghazi.... those TNC guys deserve some shooting!!
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
simonkabz
#94 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:26:53 PM

The biggest problem today on the world system, is that we have a UNIPOLAR system, consisting of a careless, extremely powerful hegemony(US) with no regard for others, apart fm themselves n the caucasian cousins. Everybody else is a low life, who should be whipped to submission. A raging debate continues as to whether the BIPOLAR period of the post WW2 i.e. the cold war period when we had 2 super powers(upto 1991), was better. Be the judge. In a bipolar system, the two biggies largely neutralize each other. A MULTIPOLAR system of the 19th century was the best, when everybody feared the everybody, n peace prevailed for half a century.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!