wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Malnourished Harambee stars team
Magigi
#1 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 7:30:00 AM

Everybody will agree with me that nutrition palys a key role in any sport (the rugby team has a nutritionist). Nearly all players I see in the UK Premier league are strong and well fed. These days I see more strength than brawn being displayed on the pitch. Look at Drogba first creating space by shouldering away an opponent before he gets to the ball. Now,my question is,what do our boys eat? They look so famished/malnourished-like they have spend all their lives in a drought stricken area. I think Farmers Choice should be symphathetic enough to put the boys on a one year feeding program before we can say we have a team. Hoping to win tomorrow is like committing a sin every day and hoping to get to heaven when the kingdom comes!! Impossible...!!!
Magigi
#2 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 8:25:00 AM

Even if we sought the best coach in the world,with the kind of organisation prevalent in Kenyan soccer affairs,it will all be a waste of time.
TAZ
#3 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 9:12:00 AM

Football is not like rugby...you don't need to be 'huge' to play well...its all about skill. Honestly i don't understand why the Sevens team requires a nutritionist.

life is too short to blend in
justrant
#4 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 9:19:00 AM

@Magigi,totally agree with you. @TAZ,sat beside one of Oliech's bro. at her mother's fish kiosk at around the same time Mathare United were thrashed 4-0 recently in some continental competition (cant remember the name,i'm no guru) and he was admitting as much. So yes,size matters.
PONDI
#5 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 10:00:00 AM

if you love soccer,then you know about Messi,Ronaldinho,etc etc they are not any bigger than our footballers. and they are fantastic. i think tactically we are light years behind many of the big guns in world football. also,does the team have someone to deal with 'mental' issues affecting players? any serious team has someone to take care of that aspect of the team. sio GP tuu. monitoring a players mental state is important. in the premier league,this issue alone can at times determine who wins or looses a game.

He who laughs last thinks slowest..
Kaigangio
#6 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 10:09:00 AM

the stipends given to these boys is hardly enough to put a balanced diet meal (I MEAN A BALANCED DIET MEAL) on their tables for more than two weeks.

we agree soccer is skill but health too....

NEVER TALK OF A RHINO IF THERE IS NO TREE NEAREBY - ZULU PROVERB
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
Jump-steady
#7 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 10:30:00 AM

Oh,pliz Magigi!

Did you have to start this thread before the game? Why not after the game?

I mean,you've teared on the stars like you already know what the results will be tomorrow!

You and other Skerians are too raw on your view of the stars,though somehow justified.

How about some whiff of luck tomorrow and we clobber the Eagles,kendo like,2 nil! eh,how'bout that?

Obviously the circus in our football is sickening and makes one to despair (Like magigi has) but since we are playing at home,there's a chance that something unusual can happen - and that's what i am looking forward to tomorrow.

So,Magigi and others,put on your straw hat and let me see you at the coke stadium tomorrow - it might be brrrrrrr! and not grrrrrrrrr!

Cheers!

Biggest man you'll ever see was once a baby.
Magigi
#8 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 12:33:00 PM

...OK,even if I agree that football is skills,what skills does the team have? have we invested properly in the team to be so hopeful. You can't hope to pass an exam and you have not read. One of the commentators in Supersport 3 (Media Officer-Super Eagles) was talking of so much money having been poured for the preparation of the match against Mozambque. Just one match. Our boys are being paid a pittance and after practice,they have to go back to Kibera,Mathare and other slums (leave out afew like Oliec etc) Let us be realistic. The money being stolen everyday by government officials isenough to pull the team out of the current hole of despair.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#9 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 12:57:00 PM

@ Pondi

I think Magigi is talking about strength,not size. Ronaldinho is at his optimal size and is a strong bugger to bring down. just try and watch him run with the ball.

Messi may be small and he will not use his strength to win the ball,but he sure will apply gas (speed) and guile to elude defenders at will,that takes some amount of strength and stamina.

I guess if you can't win with facts,you can always pen bile-laced,xenophobic rants to distract everyone.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Magigi
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 3:41:00 PM

...the second goal to me looked like match fixing!!!!