wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

19 Pages«<23456>»
Harambee Stars
mtaalam
#61 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2009 7:44:00 AM

While our dear Harambee Stars get walloped by one of the local teams KCB in a friendly....

...Super Eagles are busy playing and winning real friendlies with real teams - away.

(2nd June - NIGERIA made their first match against France an occasion to remember when they beat the former world and European champions 1-0 in a friendly in Saint Etienne).

The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.
Magigi
#62 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2009 7:51:00 AM

...how much was each Harambee stars player paid? does nayone know? Must be a pittance!!!
Magigi
#63 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2009 4:15:00 PM

...dakika moja sekunde ahmsini na tumemaliziwa....
murenj
#64 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2009 6:14:00 PM

Woi...... Nigeria 3 kenya 0

Guka killer.
Mali
#65 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2009 6:32:00 PM

Hey MUST GO! been in camp for over 3 months and only fields 2 players.... ??? then the dream team only trains for 2 days and you expect them to be world champions???

Raila MUST keep off football affairs.. so should Mama Sambili talk to her UK counterparts or one Martha and follow quickly...

And so MUST Kimanzi be trusted!

Bure kabisa.. 3 Bila!!

if the incompetent and the reckless compete,the result is a disaster.. MN
young
#66 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2009 6:35:00 PM

Kenya chaps played very well but they were just too jittery at Super Eagles goal area. Otherwise they had the chance of pulling a draw.

They have to improve on their psyche when meeting more popular teams in future.

AFRICAN INVESTOR
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Magigi
#67 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2009 6:36:00 PM

...bure kabisa. Mavi ya nyoka....
young
#68 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2009 6:37:00 PM

Kenya chaps played very well but they were just too jittery at Super Eagles goal area. Otherwise they had the chance of pulling a draw.

They have to improve on their psyche when meeting more popular teams in future.

AFRICAN INVESTOR
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
willin2learn
#69 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2009 8:06:00 PM

Let me be the only to say am proud of the game the Stars played. I expected Nigeria to play better than that. Our team had answers for each Questions they asked other than the goals...
ddsimiyu
#70 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2009 1:48:00 AM

Hey is a smart man against a confused house of baba supervisor. I bet Hey won't be back. Pole Kenya.

Desiderious
TAZ
#71 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2009 5:15:00 AM

Only a fool and someone who doesn't know anything about football would fail to admit that the boys played well yesterday. That was quite a performance especially by our midfield players.

life is too short to blend in
Njunge
#72 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2009 5:16:00 AM

As expected..............but the eagles were equally disappointing and hell they aren't going to the world cup either.It's the Tunisians.Back to Harambee stars............I say this to Hey.Dump the 3-5-2 format.Kenya is better off playing the 4-2-4.This gives the options of attacking from the wings and in the middle.As can be seen,Oliech was a lonely dude upfront.For the 4-2-4 format to work effectively,recalling attacking midfielder Mo Jamal is a must and yes,we need Edgar 'fighter' Ochieng in the mid defence..............Finally,i must ask,does Hey know of the existence of Emmanuel 'Manu' Ike?........This lad scored 16 goals in the just ended season....It would pay to team him up alongside Oliech with Jamal playing a little behind them........!!

God gives,mugikuyu takes.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
kingfisher
#73 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2009 5:20:00 AM

haha @njung'e the tactician........question,do we really need HEY with njung'e available??? But me thinks Kimanzi tosha!!

If you have money that you expect to start using in five years,it now belongs in stocks.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Njunge
#74 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2009 5:51:00 AM

@Kingfisa,

That's no brainer..........To win a game you must attack.How do you attack when half the team is in the midfield waiting for the ball?.........It's basics of football.Maybe it confirms what all of us don't want to confess.Hey knows nothing about football...................and there are a couple of Kenyan coaches who can do a better job at a fraction of the pay.

God gives,mugikuyu takes.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Magigi
#75 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2009 6:03:00 AM

@Njung'e: I think what Hey had in mind is just to get a draw. That's why he concentrated on trhe midfield and neglected Oliech. But that backfired seriously!
McReggae
#76 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2009 6:14:00 AM

The boys had some good game,Hey should have started with both Oliech and Wanga upfront with Oboyo and Makacha on the wings!!! Mambo seems to have lost the plot,always contributing to Kenya conceding a goal or two!!!!

The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
mukiha
#77 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2009 6:22:00 AM

Why do we waste time and effort on the game of football?

We are obviously not good at it [have not worn an international tournament in decades];

We have no passion for it [can't even decide on the colour of the national team's uniform - sometimes it's red,sometimes white etc]
We obviously don't take it seriously [look at the chaos at the national federation]

So,honestly,why do we waste time and effort on it? Should't we concentrate on what we are good at [e.g.,long distance running]?

=====

NB to SK: Please do not consolidate this with the 'Harambee Stars 0 Naija 3 ' thread. This is not part of the discussion on that match: it is about our national policy on sports generally.

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
wote
#78 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2009 6:36:00 AM

@mukiha my brother,first i must say that i really understand your frustrations with our national team.Pole''

Football is actually the (am not crazy about it ) most watch sport at any given time after the olympics.( World Cup to be precise).

I have said it before,that there might be talent in this sport in Kenya but unfortunately only criminals and ex- convicts get elected to run that sport in Kenya,the only exception here having been Matiba. What do we expect from this kind of people?.

wote
Anarchy
#79 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2009 6:39:00 AM

It may be a good display of football,but when they cant win away and cant win at home,where else do they expect to win?

Slack and sleeping senses must be addressed with thunder and heavenly fireworks.
Magigi
#80 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2009 8:58:00 AM

...Everything in Kenyan football is done in a crude way. I saw Prof.Sambili handover a bundle of notes to Coach Hey as payment before he departed for Abuja. Isn't there another civilised way of carrying out payments to players and the coach. Prof Sambili: Is she really a professor? Recent actions go contrary to what a professor should be doing and thinking!!!