wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Are Kenyans really tribal?
nostoppingthis
#21 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 5:27:13 PM

bwenyenye wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:
@Bwenyenye,(I have now read) resources aside, i don't think an advice from parents not to marry from a certain community is part of resources, or haves and have nots...

Dude, truth is stranger than fiction... Most parents do that out of the fear that if you marry cross border, you will not be fully accepted in either community and so will not be in the best position to 'eat' when the time comes. That advise is basically done out of ignorance and the fear of the unknown more than anything else.. Every parent wants the kid to be among the haves and will not accept anything which to him might deny the kid that access.. either due to other people's foolishness ( possible) or otherwise.

Have you ever heard of a parent refuse his kid to marry from another community if the other family is better positioned to gain? ( well other than religion?)

I do not find your point holding water, but you can clarify...especially hiyo part ya "being in a position to eat". I think then during the 10 years, most people would have married from Baks backyard and the 24 years, watu wangeenda Kale land....I don't think that was the case... I also doubt it is fear of the unknown, it is possibly the propaganda that goes around and real examples of people that are shown to you...
seppuku
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 5:36:26 PM

@cmk wrote:
Quote:
don't absolve the ordinary kenyan..just give him a few shillings and see how tribal he becomes..kenyans were born very tribal..don't call that shit

@cmk, that Kenyan you talk about is guilty, I agree. But think about it, you've got to be very foolish to kill your neighbor for a few shillings. This is our problem. And the fact that you do not kill him until election year, until you are handed the few shillings, that is testimony to important role that irresponsible leaders play in promoting tribalism. Responsible leaders will demonstrate equal treatment of Kenyans. They will depend on their development record to seek public office. No need to resort to pitting tribe against tribe. On the other hand, an empowered and enlightened citizenry will not allow themselves to be set against each others by selfish leaders who will abandon them as soon as they get what they want anyway.
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.
MCHUNA
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 5:40:19 PM

Insurgent wrote:
This is a good book to read. ...
The Luo: ............................. from a biblical perspective.
The book presents the history of descendants of Jews in the Nile Valley who became Known as the Luo.The book is written by none other than ...........wait.......Alenyo George William !! ..........that Kenya must be extremely blessed to have Jews living among usd'oh! and we did not realize this for the last more than 2000 yrs. Give way to the Jewish claim.Sad

....i nid a hit!...no,make that double!!!!
Lolest!
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 5:40:30 PM

Apple Bees wrote:
@insurgent is one of the most TRIBAL characters we have here in Wazua. Just google his posts in Club SK to prove it!

and you are his equal on the other side
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
kiterunner
#25 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 2:05:35 AM

yes kenyans are extremely tribal, i have friends from almost all tribes and we get along very well about everything except when talking politics. it happens that all kenyans in politics support their tribal kingpins for example all luos however learned or intelligent dont see anything wrong in Raila and vice versa for kikuyus vis a vis Kibaki/uhuru and kalenjins for Ruto. it has little to do with have and have nots.... its been sewn into our culture so much that we cant help it

if you are a parent be careful what you say about people of other tribes, thats where it all starts
our goals are best achieved indirectly
Insurgent
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 9:20:11 AM

Apple Bees wrote:
@insurgent is one of the most TRIBAL characters we have here in Wazua. Just google his posts in Club SK to prove it!
That is an understatement. The guy is actually racist, tribalist, colorist, nazist, nudist, anti religion and I suspect antihuman. He is a violent thinker, goes beyond taboo subjects. But he gives you an opportunity to re-evaluate yourself critically.

We have been taught to be lazy thinkers so that we are colonized perpetually, be intellectually raped and eventually discarded. We need African thinkers who do not fear being limited to the universe of thought. God gave you a brain to think, don't let be herded in only one direction. Open up, smell the coffee, have Desire, Have Faith (Faith is not only religious) .....

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Rev Canon Karanja.

Insurgent
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2011 9:24:28 AM

niclasclause wrote:
@insurgent, read your replies to me, then go back and read what I wrote and you misread. I won't bother pointing it out because it's simply too much work for me. After re-reading, evaluate your answers again and edit where necessary and then I will answer you.

Please don't be lazy, go back and point it out to me because I can't get it even when I go over and over the same six times. May be my IQ is worse than yours. In the meantime, enjoy your cool day

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Rev Canon Karanja.