wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Are Kenyans really tribal?
Insurgent
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 9:36:58 AM

Ruto led his tribe into a military formation with one aim, to get Raila into power by all means necessary. Moi used to use the tribal card to whip tension during election year. So, Kenyans are not tribal par say, the leaders are the problem, they use tribalism to retain or get into power.

Most of my friends are from other tribes until election time approaches.

Can you explain how Kikuyus have always lived peacefully for yrs in the Rift Valley (don't give me the shit about ancestral land). Then one day, the Kalenjin wake up and decide the Kikuyus, Kisii and Kamba must vacate?

Good question, Kikuyus settled in the Rift Valley but the Kalenjins did not settle in Central Province. Granted, there was no land to be settled on by the ever rising Kikuyu population. Land here was also being demacated day and night especially inherited land. Kisii ppl also have been having less land even after dividing it into strips and belts. The obvious was thus to look elsewhere. If you cannot get that, explain yourself.

But at the end of the day, I know for sure that Kenyans are not tribal but our leaders are tribal. Ruto is a case in point, and so are those who incite their tribesmen against otehr tribes.

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Rev Canon Karanja.

seppuku
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 11:18:16 AM

@insurgent, I couldn't agree more. I have always held that ordinary Kenyans practice a very harmless brand of "tribalism". You will hear them in the bars and in the churches making fun of Kamau's preoccupation with money, Otieno's love for the fine things in life and Kavata's masterly of sorcery. They laugh about things things, rarely taking offense. It's only that politicians come and say to them, "Look, who owns all the businesses here?" And before they can answer, he says, "Isn't it tribe XYZ?" And out of ignorance, "his people" will nod their heads in agreement... and hatered will begin to fester. Those two things, irresponsible leaders and an ignorant citizenry, are the very fertile soil in which tribalism takes root.
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.
cmk
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 12:48:49 PM

don't absolve the ordinary kenyan..just give him a few shillings and see how tribal he becomes..kenyans were born very tribal..don't call that shit
Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do-
Voltaire
nostoppingthis
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 1:01:26 PM

cmk wrote:
don't absolve the ordinary kenyan..just give him a few shillings and see how tribal he becomes..kenyans were born very tribal..don't call that shit

How was tribalism introduced in Kenya? It is deep rooted and most parents communicate the same to their children...
Insurgent
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 1:26:46 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
cmk wrote:

How was tribalism introduced in Kenya? It is deep rooted and most parents communicate the same to their children...
Okay, how many friends do you have right now? How many are from your tribe. In fact, in mycase, the more reliable friends are from another tribe. I remember at home, we used to divide ourselves according to the fair skinned and brown skinned. If our parents wanted to use the same to divide us to a point of killing each other, they would have easily done so. But because they were sensible, they did not divide us according to fairness or darkness of the skin, nor sex, nor height, nor fatness etc. In Somali, Clans are killing each other. Is it over ancestral land? Given a chance, Ruto can make African Americans to fight the Pinks in order to get to power. If you cant get that, be more convincing in your argument.

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Rev Canon Karanja.

Jus Blazin
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 1:37:15 PM

I concur with you @Insurgent, most of my pals are from different tribes, and we actually appreciate our diversity. When we meet, we dont do so on tribal grounds, no. It's fun and amazing and we actually help each other in times of need. If people cannot look through the very same lens they use before elections, then its @seppuku is right; ignorant citizenry and irresponsible leaders are the perfect ingredients for this laced drink called tribalism.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
bwenyenye
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 1:48:39 PM

Good People, believe it or not,there is nothing like tribe in Kenya. Hakuna Kabisa.

Kenyans ( and indeed all humans) are divided into two Haves and Have nots. Humans will play ANY card to be on top; to be able to feed themselves, govern themselves, be at par with the other one. It does not matter what card it is, colour of skin, length of hair, size of waist, clan, you name it.

So long as resources are allocated equitably, you will never hear of Tribe ever again. As long as each can buy their own drink, food, rent, you will never even know what 'tribe' the fellow is from. And if you know, it will just be a joke.

There can be no peace without equity. That is why Kenya has a new constitution. We hope it solves the distribution of resources.
I Think Therefore I Am
Insurgent
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 2:17:39 PM

This is a good book to read.

The Luo: a legendary History of the Luo People of Africa from a biblical perspective.
The book presents the history of descendants of Jews in the Nile Valley who became Known as the Luo. The book is written by none other than Alenyo George William. His E-mail is williamalenyo@yahoo.com.

A loving this, that Kenya must be extremely blessed to have Jews living among us and we did not realize this for the last more than 2000 yrs. Give way to the Jewish claim.

niclasclause
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 2:30:25 PM

Insurgent wrote:
Ruto led his tribe into a military formation with one aim, to get Raila into power by all means necessary. Moi used to use the tribal card to whip tension during election year. So, Kenyans are not tribal par say, the leaders are the problem, they use tribalism to retain or get into power.

Most of my friends are from other tribes until election time approaches.

Can you explain how Kikuyus have always lived peacefully for yrs in the Rift Valley (don't give me the shit about ancestral land). Then one day, the Kalenjin wake up and decide the Kikuyus, Kisii and Kamba must vacate?

Good question, Kikuyus settled in the Rift Valley but the Kalenjins did not settle in Central Province. Granted, there was no land to be settled on by the ever rising Kikuyu population. Land here was also being demacated day and night especially inherited land. Kisii ppl also have been having less land even after dividing it into strips and belts. The obvious was thus to look elsewhere. If you cannot get that, explain yourself.

But at the end of the day, I know for sure that Kenyans are not tribal but our leaders are tribal. Ruto is a case in point, and so are those who incite their tribesmen against otehr tribes.

There is no such thing as incitement to evil. You've quoted a bible verse as your signature (yeah, that's a bible verse and it's not Rev. Rev Canon K who said it but Solomon - look for it in Proverbs - the book isn't long - you'll find it - and along with that know who said what and where) and so you know that what I say is true. You cannot blame your own evil doing on some other part. You Kenyans (and I never calimed I was Kenyan) are tribal to the bone. You are just tribal and you cannot help it. You cannot blame leaders for your own mistakes. Try blaming Satan for the mistakes you did when you're being thrown into the lake of fire and see if you will be pardoned. In the same way that the anger of Kenyans rose to boiling points never seen before when Mutua opened his mouth so does the blood of Kenyans boil when they hear that another tribe is this or that. Call it hate, call it jealousy, call it evil but don't dare blame leaders - you are the one who chopped off your neighbors head with a machete and no leader lifted a single stone, match stick or sword. It was all your doing and you hatred for your brothers.
Insurgent
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 2:31:35 PM

The back page has this stated.

By divine inspiration the Luo peple first migrated from "Behr El Ghazal" into Egypt hwere tehy were enslvaed together with the people of Israel for 430 years. The present day Luo language evolved as a "Lingua franca" of slavery in |Eqypt and is a micture of Hebrew and ancient Luo. Ath the time of Exodus due to racial discrimination, the black community among the Israelites (The Luo) were prevented from going to the promised land (Read Numbers 12:1) However, a Luo-jew called Achan managed to go with the Israelites. After the Jewish "Exodus" the Luo migrated South of the Nile with a divine purpose to settle at the source of the Nile. However, between 1200BC to 600BC the Luo went back and attacked Egypt and established a dynasty of Luo pharaohs over Epypt.

,The Luo being Judaic are traceable mainly by ancestry, culture and names.

My only question in good light to Alenyo, "Judaic cultures demand the circumcision of their male, when did the Judaic luo stop the practice?"

Insurgent
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 2:47:05 PM

niclasclause wrote:

You've quoted a bible verse as your signature (yeah, that's a bible verse and it's not Rev. Rev Canon K who said it but Solomon - look for it in Proverbs -

Go to this link and you will see Rev Canon Karanja is quoted as saying that much. By the way, when it come to the Bible, I find the OT to be largely pure garbage mixed with words and phrases of wisdom to mask the conspiracy beneath it. The OT was written by experts but also some extremely selfish and sick society but am surprised by how far they have been able to fool so many to a point I have even quoted a phrase from it without knowing.

http://www.capitalfm.co....nyan-pm%E2%80%99s-home/

You are just tribal and you cannot help it. You cannot blame leaders for your own mistakes. Try blaming Satan for the mistakes you did when you're being thrown into the lake of fire and see if you will be pardoned.

Please, never ever blame the devil for your wicked ways, cauze the devil is never there to defend himself. The devil is a creation of your sick mind.

In the same way that the anger of Kenyans rose to boiling points never seen before when Mutua opened his mouth so does the blood of Kenyans boil when they hear that another tribe is this or that. Call it hate, call it jealousy, call it evil but don't dare blame leaders - you are the one who chopped off your neighbors head with a machete and no leader lifted a single stone, match stick or sword. It was all your doing and you hatred for your brothers.

Am enjoying your argument here. It is very intelligent for an IQ of 60 lakini, this is where we part. Lakini wewe ni Kamarenge kale kadogo.

Insurgent
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 2:53:24 PM

niclasclause wrote:
Call it hate, call it jealousy, call it evil but don't dare blame leaders - you are the one who chopped off your neighbors head with a machete and no leader lifted a single stone, match stick or sword. It was all your doing and you hatred for your brothers.

Then can you explain why Kenyans stopped chopping off his neighbors head with a machete. Is it because they got tired of chopping the heads or its because some leaders called their troops to order. Wewe wacha mchezo. By the way, incase you want to hit back, feel free, I wont mind.

nostoppingthis
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 3:26:27 PM

Insurgent wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:
cmk wrote:

Okay, how many friends do you have right now? How many are from your tribe. In fact, in mycase, the more reliable friends are from another tribe. I remember at home, we used to divide ourselves according to the fair skinned and brown skinned. If our parents wanted to use the same to divide us to a point of killing each other, they would have easily done so. But because they were sensible, they did not divide us according to fairness or darkness of the skin, nor sex, nor height, nor fatness etc. In Somali, Clans are killing each other. Is it over ancestral land? Given a chance, Ruto can make African Americans to fight the Pinks in order to get to power. If you cant get that, be more convincing in your argument.

@Insurgent, very few are from my tribe, but that is beside the point? I'm trying to get the root of tribalism, and I thought you'd shed some light on it...I had no argument, unless you got one from my statement... The reason i brought in parents, is that some of them communicate that you will not marry from community X....but I still haven't got the root of the problem, if you know, kindly share..
bwenyenye
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 3:38:46 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
Insurgent wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:
cmk wrote:

@Insurgent, very few are from my tribe, but that is beside the point? I'm trying to get the root of tribalism, and I thought you'd shed some light on it...I had no argument, unless you got one from my statement... The reason i brought in parents, is that some of them communicate that you will not marry from community X....but I still haven't got the root of the problem, if you know, kindly share..

@nons...

Tribalism is a card that is played to get an allocation of resources. The root cause is lack of resources. Please read my post again.
I Think Therefore I Am
Lolest!
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 3:40:18 PM

Silly theory. There was one linking Kaleos with Egyptians some time back
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
nostoppingthis
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 3:42:17 PM

@Bwenyenye,(I have now read) resources aside, i don't think an advice from parents not to marry from a certain community is part of resources, or haves and have nots...
bwenyenye
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 3:56:23 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
@Bwenyenye,(I have now read) resources aside, i don't think an advice from parents not to marry from a certain community is part of resources, or haves and have nots...

Dude, truth is stranger than fiction... Most parents do that out of the fear that if you marry cross border, you will not be fully accepted in either community and so will not be in the best position to 'eat' when the time comes. That advise is basically done out of ignorance and the fear of the unknown more than anything else.. Every parent wants the kid to be among the haves and will not accept anything which to him might deny the kid that access.. either due to other people's foolishness ( possible) or otherwise.

Have you ever heard of a parent refuse his kid to marry from another community if the other family is better positioned to gain? ( well other than religion?)
I Think Therefore I Am
niclasclause
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 4:06:21 PM

@insurgent, read your replies to me, then go back and read what I wrote and you misread. I won't bother pointing it out because it's simply too much work for me. After re-reading, evaluate your answers again and edit where necessary and then I will answer you.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 4:12:36 PM

Have you watched this?
LINK: Kenya's state of tribalism

BBI will solve it
:)
Apple Bees
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2011 5:22:12 PM

@insurgent is one of the most TRIBAL characters we have here in Wazua. Just google his posts in Club SK to prove it!