wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kenya ministers’ joyride for 5-minute UN speech
Magigi
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2009 5:34:00 AM

http://www.nation.co.ke/...4/-/ujr7c6/-/index.html If the flight they are taking had only the Kenyan delegation and it disappeared somewhere in the high seas,the world will not mourn much....
Magigi
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2009 5:54:00 AM

...does anybody share my view or I am too sadistic....?
Jacy26
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2009 5:59:00 AM

Our leaders are behaving like big babies just like when we were in school and we wanted to go for every school trip in the pretext of being cheering squad! They should grow up and stop wasting our hard earned cash.

I will praise thee,O Lord my God,with all my heart: And I will glorify thy name forever more. Psalms 86:12
If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love - Maya Angelou
McReggae
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2009 6:11:00 AM

What we should really analyze is the necessity to attend the UN function......I wouldn't mind even if the speech was seconds!!!

The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Njunge
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2009 6:22:00 AM

And you know how much someone will earn for decorating the VIP dias on Madaraka day?......Kshs 4.5 million only...!!

God gives,mugikuyu takes.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
cxz
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2009 6:40:00 AM

@mag***,was also thinking about the high seas & the joyriders,but not as loud as you. I'm not a sadist but......

'A stone is heavy,and the sand weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.' (Proverbs 27:3).
wote
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2009 7:09:00 AM

@ Magigi i have attended many UN meetings and to state that a minister's alloted a time of presenting his speech is 5 minutes is very unfortunate and ignorance of the highest order. Usually delegations are alloted five minutes to present their speech or exercise a right of reply,but where such delegation consist of high level representation such as a minister or a head of state then he or she is given an opportunity to address such august body( what this means is the time limits are discarded with)

yes i would agree on the second point that the high number of ministers going to Geneva is a waste of tax payers money.

wote