wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

MPs Sneak Payrise Into Budget Through Parliamentary Budget Committee
niclasclause
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:57:41 PM

MPs have been very vocal trying to convince us that they are fighting for 'Wanjiku' in proposing changes to the Budget through the Parliamentary Budget Committee.

As it turns out this is mere hypocrisy and what they have been really up to is to sneak a hefty pay-rise into the Budget.

this has been through a clause in the Akiwumi Report which proposes a pay increment from Sh.851,000 to Sh.1,100,000 (Sh.1.1 million).

http://www.nation.co.ke/...2/-/sagevxz/-/index.html
Sober
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:11:22 PM

Thats only 20% i have no problemo with that.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
niclasclause
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:04:56 PM

Sober wrote:
Thats only 20% i have no problemo with that.

Big picture my friend! Big picture!

Hope we can be friends even though we are on different sides of the camp.

Here goes:

New number of constituencies - 300

Salary for each MP - Sh.1,100,000

Total MP salaries - (Sh.1,100,000x300) = Sh.330,000,000/month

This is without factoring in Senators, Governors and the rest.

How much is that in one year?

How about in 5 years?

The other problem is that they were pulling the Sh.2 billion to hire contract teachers on permanent basis.

Problem is that it was all a means to get the Sh.2 billion to fund their salaries.

Teachers will be kept waiting for some months and by that time MPs will have lived the life of champagne wishes and caviar dreams.
'user'
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:08:30 PM

Kenyan are a greedy people.mps are just a reflection of our society. this is. not a surprise to me
. are there selfless Kenyans out THERE? njuguna so you have seen the light away from uhuru?

2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
niclasclause
#5 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 7:14:06 AM

'user' wrote:
Kenyan are a greedy people.mps are just a reflection of our society. this is. not a surprise to me
. are there selfless Kenyans out THERE? njuguna so you have seen the light away from uhuru?

WHY IS EVERYONE CALLING ME NJUGUNA??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I at first thought it was a misunderstanding but now it's gotten to a point where I cannot bear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will not allow this NJUGUNA to take credit for my threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to your point.

Treasury has been fighting against the Budget Committee since day one.

How do you expect an MP to be able to know what is good for the Budget after he spends a few days making changes to it when it took Treasury months of research and analysis to prepare it.

Treasury and the Finance Minister Uhuru Kenyatta have been resisting changes to the Budget because they knew MPs didn't have the interest of Kenyans at heart.