wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

SK na kunyoa topic
Magigi
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:03:00 AM

...The fact that SK deletes topics with ethnic inclinations dies not solve the issue of tribalism. It is better to let people say what they want to say now so that they will have nothing to say in future. Curtaling the freedom of speech is postponing a problem. Anyway,I am a Kenyan and I am a member.....
brav
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:09:00 AM

Haiyayayayayaya didnt notice imenyolewa

hehehehehe

hata hii post ni member,

Please wait.....

Usichoke kutafuta salary
The General
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:11:00 AM

@ magigi,

Your reasoning is flawed

The thicker the thigh the sweeter the pie.
jaribu
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:15:00 AM

There are websites that cater for tribal posts or politics. I believe this website is business themed,just like envisioned by it's owners when they were implementing it. Try Mashada

bY aNy MeAns NecEsSaRy.....
McReggae
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:18:00 AM

Yeah Mashada fits that vitroil,why infect others with ua tribalism?

The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
The Real Shaft
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:11:00 AM

haki yetu .... haki yetu..

ni kunyoa threads....

na reli....

I'm the real Massey F.....shut your mouth
I'm the real Massey Fergu...... Shut your mouth....
leona
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:44:00 AM

I believe sometimes it's only fair to express ourselves where and when we're allowed to,and not anywhere we wish to. SK is more of an investment site,than a social one(or so was its initial motive) It's polite to take our tribal vibe(positive/negative) elsewhere where its tolerated,than to force it down Sk admins' 'throat'. I know of several websites out there where guys express themselves in their mother tongue and even speak badly and openly of other tribes without a care in the world...but at SK,guys heshimiana,and thats how it should remain.

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't..
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
Kaigangio
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:54:00 AM

@ magigi,

'son,never compete shitting with an elephant'....i thought you were still remembering this..kubafffff!!!!

NEVER TALK OF A RHINO IF THERE IS NO TREE NEAREBY - ZULU PROVERB
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
wote
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:18:00 AM

I do not belong to Magigi's school of though but what really pains me is that they 'nyoa' even investment threads.

I remember writting warning guys on the imminent collapse of discount securities and why such people behind the suffering ordinary investors should be hanged. It was removed as soon as it hit the screen.

SK,you cannot be sued on facts and that is the law.

wote
Obi 1 Kanobi
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:24:00 AM

A blanket ban on ethnic leaning topics will not serve the intended purpose,it effectively blocks the good opinions alongside the bad one's.

Its a lazy outdated tactic previously used by racists in times gone and widely adopted by idiots like Moi and other African despots in the pretext of maintaining peace.

I would urge SK admin to ban/gag specific posters whose language is offensive but allow members to explore all discusion topics.

After all,we come from different communities and we are all proud of whichever community we come from regardless of its perceived short comings in the eyes of others.

I've noticed the youth in particular coming in to a workplace with a completely outsized notion of their own value and importance... just a thinly-veiled arrogance. May be the credit crunch induced recession is whats needed to remind us all about the value of hard work.... By Anonymous
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Wendz
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:35:00 AM

@Obi

You have a point if only we were that disciplined to leave it at responsible comments. Unfortunately,from what has been posted before,you know where those threads lead to... they get too personal and the comments too nasty for any ones good. Once you allow few comments,it goes all the way... so,let the tribal talks be left where they belong... at least if anyone needs to vent out,they can always visit other sites... this is one of the few sober sites in kenya where someone can surf and find peace.... we cant afford to allow those nonsensical tribal sentiments regardless of how 'proud' we are to be from whichever tribe... I think we also need to realise that there are those of us who come from mixed tribes and it makes no sense to side with either. This site should be left for 'kenyans' when we visit mashada,we can be whatever we want.... but lets have some solace in SK that we can talk as kenyans!

Some deals are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.
The General
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:47:00 AM

@ Wendz,spot on

Sober
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:47:00 AM

They hav to be deleted for the sake of the visitors to this site and not the veterans. There's something called dignity.

A likely impossibility is always preferable to an unconvincing posibility.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Djinn
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:55:00 AM

I also am worried about the arbitrary censorship - I recently made a post enquiring if anyone had encountered incidents of counterfeit parts,citing my own experiences and not giving the name of the auto dealer (ergo not needlessly exposing anyone to a lawsuit) - so why did that disappear? or does some SK admin import such spares?

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less
nanfor
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:59:00 AM

I wouldn't care much if I came on a site and so tribalists,racists and child molestors posting.

If those are the rules of the forum,so be it. However,I come to sk to learn. If I wanted to know about your tribe,I would do better listening to my parents,my neighbours and the local pub bum.

It is the choice of sk admins where they want to lead their members. If they accept tribal rants,then I will leave and go somewhere else.

I know of at least one Kenyan website that used to have some serious conversations until they allowed a bunch of braggarts and nostalgic tribalists amongst them. Right now as we speak it only has 5 and I mean 5 posters on it as everyone else even their supporters got tired of the type of nonsence that Magigi calls 'being proud of your heritage'.

So sk admins,its your choice. You either allow this site to become one where people learn or let everyone with a chip on their shoulders post their nonsence. Either way,I will make my choice too.

Magigi
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:44:00 AM

@Kaiganjo: ....yes,'never compete shitting with an elephant,you will tear your !%&^hole for nothing' . I remember this all the time and use it often,but Iacknowldege you as the source... Your grandfather must have been so humorous!!!

What other words of wisdom did he pass on to you?
Impunity
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:26:00 PM

But I bet a post praising one tribe will definately become a sticky post.@magigi pole sana;its happen in Kenyan.

The Hague...or Local Triburnal ama TJRC.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Kwanini
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:39:00 PM

Tribalism..... what do you say to this. Type 'Kenya' in your comp dictionary.

This is what i got.

Kenya |'keny?; 'keny?|
a country in East Africa,on the Indian Ocean; pop. 32,021,000; capital,Nairobi; languages,Swahili (official),English (official),and Kikuyu..
Populated largely by Bantu-speaking peoples,Kenya became a British Crown Colony in 1920. The demands made on land by European settlers led to the Mau Mau rebellion of the 1950s. Kenya became an independent state within the Commonwealth of Nations in 1963,and a republic was established the following year.
DERIVATIVES
Kenyan |'kinj?n| |'k?nj?n| adjective & noun

>New Oxford DictionaryFor i am the master and the captain of my fate !
"For i am the master and the captain of my fate"