wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Of Ethnicity & consolidating power
Lolest!
#21 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:58:27 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
@niclasclause, please don't shoot me. Is http://www.mod.go.ke NOT THE OFFICIAL Ministry of Defence website? If it is, where is the "mere propaganda and lies"?

I dont see Karume's name anywhere.Shame on you
http://www.mod.go.ke/?page_link=people
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#22 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:45:03 PM

I don't doubt Karangi was the best man for the job.

Neither do I doubt the integrity of the selection process.

But despite being a Kibaki apologist, I find it hard to justify why so many key positions in govt are occupied by Central Kenya people.

Moi, Orengo never tires to remind us, never had a finance minister or internal security minister from his tribe. But look at my man Kibaki! He has given us:

1. Murungaru from his Nyeri backyard for Internal Security.
2. Mwiraria from Meru for Finance(ok, he's Meru not Kikuyu)
3.Kimunya from Nyandarua for Finance
4.Uhuru from Thika for Finance
5.Karume from Kiambu for Defence
6.Michuki from Murang'a for Internal Security
7.Saitoti, a Maasai, but whose family is said to hail from Limuru in Kiambu.(a.k.a Kinuthia wa Muthengi)

I don't like Moi but here he beats my man Kibaki. The only mitigation I can get for both Kibaki and Kenyatta(who was the worst, he was from Kiambu, the AG Njonjo, Internal Security Minister Mbiyu Koinange, Finance Minister James Gichuru and Defence Minister Njoroge Mungai were all from Kiambu) is age and their hands-off, total delegation style of management.

I believe this is a recipe for chaos and was a key subset of the main reason for the 2007 post-election violence-Anti-Kikuyuism. Don't believe the ODM lie of rigged elections! It was all ethnic hatred based on real and perceived favoritism etc

And BTW, I am a Kikuyu and proud to be one and I've voted for Kibaki in every Presidential election.

kingfisher
#23 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:01:57 PM

Just a wondering...

in 1992 and 1997 there were tribal clashes targeted to mainly kikuyus. A kikuyu was not president then.... most senior positions were held by Kalenjins.... so if it was not HATRED, why was there violence targeted on them yet they had nothing in the government? The truth is that many people from other big tribes really hate these fellows, and any appointment like Karangi's, however transparent it is, will simply give them a reason to hate them more.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Euge
#24 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:13:17 PM

Lolest! wrote:
I don't doubt Karangi was the best man for the job.

Neither do I doubt the integrity of the selection process.

But despite being a Kibaki apologist, I find it hard to justify why so many key positions in govt are occupied by Central Kenya people.

Moi, Orengo never tires to remind us, never had a finance minister or internal security minister from his tribe. But look at my man Kibaki! He has given us:

1. Murungaru from his Nyeri backyard for Internal Security.
2. Mwiraria from Meru for Finance(ok, he's Meru not Kikuyu)
3.Kimunya from Nyandarua for Finance
4.Uhuru from Thika for Finance
5.Karume from Kiambu for Defence
6.Michuki from Murang'a for Internal Security
7.Saitoti, a Maasai, but whose family is said to hail from Limuru in Kiambu.(a.k.a Kinuthia wa Muthengi)

I don't like Moi but here he beats my man Kibaki. The only mitigation I can get for both Kibaki and Kenyatta(who was the worst, he was from Kiambu, the AG Njonjo, Internal Security Minister Mbiyu Koinange, Finance Minister James Gichuru and Defence Minister Njoroge Mungai were all from Kiambu) is age and their hands-off, total delegation style of management.

I believe this is a recipe for chaos and was a key subset of the main reason for the 2007 post-election violence-Anti-Kikuyuism. Don't believe the ODM lie of rigged elections! It was all ethnic hatred based on real and perceived favoritism etc

And BTW, I am a Kikuyu and proud to be one and I've voted for Kibaki in every Presidential election.

@Lolest! maybe its difficult for Baks to trust thats why he must have "his man" for security. Remember kyuks used to call him general kiguoya/coward
Lord, thank you!
Lolest!
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:46:09 PM

@kingfisher, kikuyuphobia is a huge monster with many parts. Its subsets would include perceptions on land issues, economic dominance, Political dominance and kikuyu arrogance. Issues that should be raised and solutions sought. Not seeking stupid excuses like Kibaki aliiba kura! wacha niibe mali ya Mbugua, niue Macharia na ninajisi Wairimu!
Foreman
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:23:31 PM

wakagori wrote:
I wonder how KenGen is a critical arm of the gov't....

Under extreme conditions, the government may withdraw supply of utilities to a region inhabited by rebels. B4 you say it is the mandate of kplc to distribute power, check who the MD for kplc is...
Most respondents here have chosen to takematters personal yet the thread intended to highlight the president's failure to want to be seen to embrace cohesion. Lets focus our comments on Kibaki not on a tribe
The disrespectful tone among some elder members reminds me of an earlier thread about the wazua cocoon.
Jus Blazin
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:45:45 PM

Foreman wrote:
wakagori wrote:
I wonder how KenGen is a critical arm of the gov't....

Under extreme conditions, the government may withdraw supply of utilities to a region inhabited by rebels. B4 you say it is the mandate of kplc to distribute power, check who the MD for kplc is...
Most respondents here have chosen to takematters personal yet the thread intended to highlight the president's failure to want to be seen to embrace cohesion. Lets focus our comments on Kibaki not on a tribe
The disrespectful tone among some elder members reminds me of an earlier thread about the wazua cocoon.

@Foreman, what do you mean the President's failure? I thought you were answered comprehensively on Kirangi's appointment by @niclasclause? Plus others have given examples of key men who are not Kikuyus. Like they key people in Judiciary perhaps? The government is run by very many tribes. If that is not cohesion, I don't know what is.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
mukiha
#28 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 8:38:12 AM

mukiha wrote:
Deleted by author Reason = irrelevant post

Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
nostoppingthis
#29 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:01:43 AM

You forgot to mention the Attorney General's office...
mukiha
#30 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:02:51 AM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
@niclasclause, an error in your write-up. The Minister for Defence is not Yusuf Haji but the one and only mwananichi. I have it on authority from their official website.

http://www.mod.go.ke/Modsite/people.htm

From the above link:

Key People in Defence

Minister of State for Defence,Hon. Njenga Karume, M.P., Office of the President.Read more

Permanent Secretary (PS) for Defence,Mr. Zachary N. Mwaura.Read more

Chief of General Staff, Gen Jeremiah M Kianga 'EGH' 'CBS' 'ndc' (K) 'cgsc'(USA) . Read more

Vice Chief of General Staff,Lt Gen Julius W Karangi 'MGH' 'CBS' 'ndc' 'psc'(K).Read more

Army Commander, Lt Gen Augustino S K Njoroge 'CBS' 'ndc'(K) 'cgsc '(USA).Read more

Commandant NDC ,Lt Gen Jackson K. Tuwei ‘MGH' ‘CBS' ‘DCO' ‘rcds ( UK ) ‘psc' (K).Read more

Air Force Commander ,Maj Gen Harold M Tangai 'MGH' 'EBS' 'ndc' 'psc'(K).Read more

Navy Commander,Maj Gen Samson J Mwathethe,'MBS' 'DCO' 'ndc'(K) 'psc'(UK).Read more

Commandant DSC,Maj Gen Charles M Mwanzia 'CBS' 'OGW' 'ndc' (K) 'psc' (K) Read more

Commandant AFTC,Maj Gen Geoffrey Lukale Okanga; EBS “ndc(K)” ; “psc(K)”; Dip IS Read more

Deputy Army Commander, Maj Gen Jones M Mutwii 'CBS' 'ndc' (K) 'scsd' (SA) 'psc' (K).Read more

Deputy Air Force Commander, Brig Jackson N Waweru 'OGW' 'ndc' (K) 'acsc'( USA ). Read more

|Home|Kenya Army|Kenya Air Force|Kenya Navy|Webmail|Contact us|Site map|

© 2006,Ministry of State for Defence ,All Rights Reserved
======================

Look at the last statement: it is from 2006!

Now visit www.mod.go.ke and look for a link to "Key Persons".

Compare the two lists.

Final question: does anyone know the guy in charge of the mod website. He/She should be fired pronto!
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
McReggae
#31 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:21:17 AM

You can fool some people some time but you cannot fool all the people all the time!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".