wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Make wazua classless and tribeless
tycho
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:30:24 PM

We are living in post-modern times where the nation-state cannot hold for long.New resources have to be created,and this involves 'hyper-communication' if I may coin a phrase.

The 'rich' have to converse with the 'poor', 'Kikuyus' have to converse with the 'Luos.'

But (being) Kikuyu entails (not being) luo in a tribe conscious society. And given that the entire human race is now heavily interlinked, and economically strained in proportional measure, we have to create a common ground for being.

Snippets of this common ground are already at Wazua. Like me, I am just a poor church cleaner living at the bottom of the valley called Kibera. And wazua gives me and my 'ghetto people' a world of many interesting possibilities not forgetting conversations.
Elder
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:52:38 PM

What exactly is post-modern?
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
FancyFace
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:23:55 PM

Problems can get out of proportion, and not only in the wee small hours. Don't let the problems eclipse the Master. Let the Master eclipse the problems.
tycho
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:55:34 PM

@Elder,

What is post-modern? It is the totality of human knowledge, the means of getting this knowledge,the authority behind this knowledge and the use of this knowledge in actual living.

Relationships over cyberspace are post-modern, the Arab spring is post-modern,the clamor for female priests and gay clergy are post-modern ....

I think even the allowing of dreadlocks and studs in court is post-modern.

modernism is the eating of the forbidden fruit by a few. Post modernism is about everyone having a bite of it.

Impunity
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:11:44 PM

Zzzzzzzz......
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Robinhood
#6 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 8:12:51 AM

Utopia or maybe naivete'
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
Mtu Biz
#7 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:03:59 AM

Aah i know that church....

The Congregation of Confucius enlightenment and grand order of the Illuminati.

You still clean there ?

Sola Scriptura

nostoppingthis
#8 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:08:18 AM

@tycho, please wake up....Pray
Elder
#9 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 9:24:57 AM

tycho wrote:
@Elder,

What is post-modern? It is the totality of human knowledge, the means of getting this knowledge,the authority behind this knowledge and the use of this knowledge in actual living.

Relationships over cyberspace are post-modern, the Arab spring is post-modern,the clamor for female priests and gay clergy are post-modern ....

I think even the allowing of dreadlocks and studs in court is post-modern.

modernism is the eating of the forbidden fruit by a few. Post modernism is about everyone having a bite of it.

Thought were were talking about this:

Quote:
A philosophical stance which claims that it is impossible to make grand statements—meta-narratives—about the structures of society or about historic causation, because everything we perceive, express, and interpret is influenced by our gender, class, and culture; knowledge is partial and situated, and no one interpretation is superior to another...

That would have made for an interesting discussion.

On your mission, good luck. Maybe you should call it Wazua 2030. It shares a lot with Kenya Vision 2030 on pragmatism.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Barrywhite
#10 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 12:38:27 PM

Is this a metaphysics and philosophical acclaim to have anyone and everyone delink from themselves to some logical mythical state, where opinions, suggestions, interactions are devoid of ones natural, cultural and environmental existence and biases? It reminds me of my philosophy class to proof the existence of God; and whether or not He has since died. Where is this heading?
The laudable is more often than not rendered laughable by overclaim
tycho
#11 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 4:53:15 PM

@Elder,

Time, surely entails more than the interpretation of the observer.We should consider the presence of 'other worlds.' Hence we must speak of 'totalities.' Meaning?... your quote is a subset of what we are talking about.

About vision 2030 and its pragmatism: The pragmatism of a vision lies squarely on the vision itself. Otherwise its not a vision. Therefore vision 2030 is both valid and pragmatic.

@Barrywhite,

The self is one; otherwise we wouldn't speak of 'identity.' Consciousness of identity means a submission to a whole. When an individual understands, it is the whole of humanity that understands. Status quo posits that the individual has an 'isolated identity' but identity cannot be isolated.

If humans have identity, then the identity must eternal, all knowing, all present . . . attributes of God. Therefore identity entails God. And if identity exists, then God exists.