wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Of Ethnicity & consolidating power
Foreman
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:06:41 AM

Is it just by coincidence that the heads of the critical organs of gvt are from mt kenya..?
1. CGS- waweru kirangi
2. Kengen-E njoroge
3. police commandant-kinuthia mbugua
4. Min.fin- uhuru kenyatta
5. KRA- M.Waweru
6. CBK-ndungu

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Inuendo
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:16:56 AM

Foreman wrote:
Is it just by coincidence that the heads of the critical organs of gvt are from mt kenya..?
1. CGS- waweru kirangi
2. Kengen-E njoroge
5. KRA- M.Waweru
6. CBK-ndungu

Brick wall Brick wall
Common sense is the most evenly distributed quantity in the world. Everyone thinks he has enough.
Impunity
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:36:02 AM

Foreman wrote:
1. CGS- waweru kirangi
2. Kengen-E njoroge
5. KRA- M.Waweru
6. CBK-ndungu

7. Nairobi hawkers - Mbugua
8. Mare mare - Kimani.
9. Chomelea - Njoroo.
10.Mama mboga - Waithera.
11.Orezo - BAKS
12.Cabinet secretary - Othaura

Sad Sad Sad

Wamekwamulia kila mahali.

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Lolest!
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:52:17 AM

Biggest failure of Kibaki. Will taint his legacy. The 07 violence was caused by suchlike factors and not rigged elections.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
madollar
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:53:57 AM

we are are back to 2007 courtesy of the standard what this newspaper editors forget it only alienates them and any related products from the largest community in kenya meaning the largest middle class with purchasing and consuming power

quote from the paper

Karangi, who takes up from a general from Eastern Province, now joins the coveted list of heads of security agencies.

They include Maj-Gen Michael Gichangi at National Security Intelligence Service, Police Commissioner Mathew Iteere, Administration Police Commandant, Kinuthia Mbugua, Criminal Investigations Department Director, Ndegwa Muhoro, Director of National Police Operations, Julius Ndegwa, General Service Unit Commandant, William Saiya, Prison Commandant Isaac Osugo, and Japheth Mwania, who heads the National Youth Service.

Karangi joins the powerful National Security Council, which Kibaki chairs. Its members are Vice-President Kalonzo Musyoka, Internal Security Minister, George Saitoti, and his PS Francis Kimemia, Defence Minister Yusuf Haji, PS Foreign Affairs – currently held by Patrick Wamoto in an acting capacity.

Thuita Mwangi was the PS until he stepped aside to pave way for corruption investigations. Gichangi and Iteere are also members of the National Security Council.

It was also the first time that a Kenyan from Central Province took up the top military post

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/InsidePage.php?id=2000038896&cid=4&ttl=Why%20Kibaki%20picked%20Karangi
Burning Spear
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:25:23 PM

Foreman wrote:
1. CGS- waweru kirangi
2. Kengen-E njoroge
5. KRA- M.Waweru
6. CBK-ndungu

hii ni porojo and hate speech. I may not be surprised if you told me you are a Standard newspaper journalist/writer. !!

Compare this and tell me if you wont come with such petty results if you were forcused tribally.
Kindly desist from enhancing ethnic propaganda.

1.Airforce Commander-Joff Otieno
2.DCP1(Kenya Police)-Francis Okonya
3.CCK Chairman - Philip Okundi
4.IIEC CEO - Mr. Oswago
5.Public Service - Dalmas Otieno
6.UON Vice Chancellor - Maghoha George.

My argument is if you want to demonstrate something based on tribal lines,you will surely get the answer.
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
McReggae
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:32:12 PM

Burning Spear wrote:
Foreman wrote:
1. CGS- waweru kirangi
2. Kengen-E njoroge
5. KRA- M.Waweru
6. CBK-ndungu

hii ni porojo and hate speech. I may not be surprised if you told me you are a Standard newspaper journalist/writer. !!

Compare this and tell me if you wont come with such petty results if you were forcused tribally.

4.IIEC CEO - Mr. Oswago

My argument is if you want to demonstrate something based on tribal lines,you will surely get the answer.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly , somethings are better to laugh at!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Foreman
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:48:37 PM

Burning Spear wrote:
Foreman wrote:
1. CGS- waweru kirangi
2. Kengen-E njoroge
5. KRA- M.Waweru
6. CBK-ndungu

4.IIEC CEO - Mr. Oswago

Ok, but realise that dont work for any media house & the last time i read the standard was in a boring journey to mombasa a month ago.

KenyanLyrics
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:58:05 PM

These silly tribal arguments irk me to no end. If you haven't bothered to analyse the performance of these individuals, your argument is a non-starter. If it is found that these 'suspect appointments' are performing their duties properly, I couldn't give less of a damn what their tribe is.
PS: I am a Luhya.
tycho
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:06:31 PM

@Foreman,

I read somewhere that the president was denied entry into the armed forces because of his tribe by the colonialists.

Given that premise it is possible that the old colonial tricks may still be in use.

But I guess you cannot avoid these things when pursing the 'Nationalist' agenda.
niclasclause
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:49:24 PM

Foreman wrote:
1. CGS- waweru kirangi
2. Kengen-E njoroge
5. KRA- M.Waweru
6. CBK-ndungu

The military is not your village 'council of elders' where you get to choose who heads it by votes or public opinion.

I will put it in the words of The Standard newspaper (July 14th, Headline and Page 8), which the Daily Nation (July 14th, Headline and Page 4) and The People (July 14th, Headline and Page 4) seem to concur with:

'Unlike in previous years, where loyalty to the President was the main factor behind promotions and appointments in the military, yesterday's appointments were in line with the rules initiated by Gen (Rtd) Daudi Tonje, giving emphasis to experience, seniority and academic qualifications'

The key words here are:

1) Experience - Vice Chief of the general Staff since August 2006 (6 years)
2) Longevity - Has served in the military since 1973
3) Merit - Trained in Kenya, United kingdom, United States and India

Points to note:

1) President Kibaki appointed General Karangi following recommendations by the Defense Council composed of:
a) Defense Minister Yusuf Haji
b) The Chief of the Defense Force
c) Permanent Secretary Nancy Kirui
d) Three (3) service commanders from the Army, Airforce and Navy
After meeting at Ulinzi House they forwarded the list to Kibaki for appointment. Kibaki took no part in the process as you would have us believe.

2) The military follows a Chain of Command unlike you and I who are mere undisciplined civilians who would want to lead whatever group or organization without considering the traditions of patience and hard work.
The military appoints its leaders after considering a soldiers 'rank'. I've used the word 'soldier' to make it clear that Gen. Karangi is not a civilian nor is he a politician but a soldier.
This is a man of war who ranked the highest after the outgoing Gen Kianga. This is not a case of those 'civil society' claimed biased appointments. It followed Military protocol to the letter.
You do not move a soldier who was saluting a superior officer to a position where the superior officer has to salute this 'diaper toting' junior officer. It cannot happen and will never happen. It won't happen even in your dreams.
When you become a soldier, you will salute your superior until he retires or he dies. You will never surpass him. There is no system that can compare in fairness.

3) The whole tribal angle is simply wrong. It is biased and baseless. There has never been any other Military Chief from Central. Do your homework. None. If you're not biased you'll have to appreciate that eventually there had to be a Kikuyu appointed to the position. List all previous Military Chiefs. None hailed from central.

4) Why is no one speaking of:
a) Lt. Gen. Simon Mwathethe - hails from coast (not Kikuyu for those who don't get it)
b) Lt. Gen. John Kasaon - hsils from Rift-Valley
c) Maj-Gen. Joff Otieno - hails from Nyanza
d) Mukala - Western
e) Tangai - Rift-Valley
f) Kameru - Eastern

5) Someone raised your issue elsewhere and the simple answer he was given was that no one complained when Barasa, Tobiko and Mutunga were appointed. Is anyone of them a Kikuyu? Aren't Luhyas the second largest ethnic group in Kenya? Why don't you say it was unfair to the minority tribes to appoint Barasa.
Burning Spear
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:12:39 PM

niclasclause wrote:
Foreman wrote:
1. CGS- waweru kirangi
2. Kengen-E njoroge
5. KRA- M.Waweru
6. CBK-ndungu

The military is not your village 'council of elders' where you get to choose who heads it by votes or public opinion.

I will put it in the words of The Standard newspaper (July 14th, Headline and Page 8), which the Daily Nation (July 14th, Headline and Page 4) and The People (July 14th, Headline and Page 4) seem to concur with:

'Unlike in previous years, where loyalty to the President was the main factor behind promotions and appointments in the military, yesterday's appointments were in line with the rules initiated by Gen (Rtd) Daudi Tonje, giving emphasis to experience, seniority and academic qualifications'

The key words here are:

Points to note:

1) President Kibaki appointed General Karangi following recommendations by the Defense Council composed of:
After meeting at Ulinzi House they forwarded the list to Kibaki for appointment. Kibaki took no part in the process as you would have us believe.

2) The military follows a Chain of Command unlike you and I who are mere undisciplined civilians who would want to lead whatever group or organization without considering the traditions of patience and hard work.
The military appoints its leaders after considering a soldiers 'rank'. I've used the word 'soldier' to make it clear that Gen. Karangi is not a civilian nor is he a politician but a soldier.
This is a man of war who ranked the highest after the outgoing Gen Kianga. This is not a case of those 'civil society' claimed biased appointments. It followed Military protocol to the letter.
You do not move a soldier who was saluting a superior officer to a position where the superior officer has to salute this 'diaper toting' junior officer. It cannot happen and will never happen. It won't happen even in your dreams.
When you become a soldier, you will salute your superior until he retires or he dies. You will never surpass him. There is no system that can compare in fairness.

3) The whole tribal angle is simply wrong. It is biased and baseless. There has never been any other Military Chief from Central. Do your homework. None. If you're not biased you'll have to appreciate that eventually there had to be a Kikuyu appointed to the position. List all previous Military Chiefs. None hailed from central.

a) Lt. Gen. Simon Mwathethe - hails from coast (not Kikuyu for those who don't get it)
d) Mukala - Western
e) Tangai - Rift-Valley
f) Kameru - Eastern

5) Someone raised your issue elsewhere and the simple answer he was given was that no one complained when Barasa, Tobiko and Mutunga were appointed. Is anyone of them a Kikuyu? Aren't Luhyas the second largest ethnic group in Kenya? Why don't you say it was unfair to the minority tribes to appoint Barasa.

Kudos ! for explaining to these tribal generals eg Foreman and co.
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
Impunity
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:21:18 PM

madollar wrote:

It was also the first time that a Kenyan from Central Province took up the top military post

I NEVER knew this.

smile smile smile
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Gordon Gekko
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:42:07 PM

@niclasclause, an error in your write-up. The Minister for Defence is not Yusuf Haji but the one and only mwananichi. I have it on authority from their official website.

http://www.mod.go.ke/Modsite/people.htm
radio
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:06:00 PM

[quote=Gordon Gekko]@niclasclause, an error in your write-up. The Minister for Defence is not Yusuf Haji but the one and only mwananichi. I have it on authority from their official website.

http://www.mod.go.ke/Modsite/people.htm[/quote]

Wow!

I couldn't help but click to view the profile...and it states

"HON JAMES NJENGA KARUME, EGH., M.P.,
MINISTER OF STATE FOR DEFENCE
14th December, 2006- to date Minister of State for Defence "

Shame shame!!!!
niclasclause
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:49:34 PM

Quote:
radio
quote=Gordon Gekko]@niclasclause, an error in your write-up. The Minister for Defence is not Yusuf Haji but the one and only mwananichi. I have it on authority from their official website.

http://www.mod.go.ke/Modsite/people.htm[/quote]

Wow!

I couldn't help but click to view the profile...and it states

"HON JAMES NJENGA KARUME, EGH., M.P.,
MINISTER OF STATE FOR DEFENCE
14th December, 2006- to date Minister of State for Defence "

Shame shame!!!!

Quote:
Gordon Gekko
@niclasclause, an error in your write-up. The Minister for Defence is not Yusuf Haji but the one and only mwananichi. I have it on authority from their official website.

http://www.mod.go.ke/Modsite/people.htm

Quote:

The key words here are:

Points to note:

d) Mukala - Western
e) Tangai - Rift-Valley
f) Kameru - Eastern

I will expose the two of you for the liars you are. We are not children and thus we cannot play childish games.

Everyone knows, Karume is no longer the Minister for Defence and if you had done your homework you would have seen Yusuf Haji standing beside Kibaki, Kirangi and Kianga during their photo opp. after appointment. it was on all television channels and even newspapers.

And for those who had fallen for this lie here is the truth about who is Minister for Defence. the one the President recognizes:

http://www.cabinetoffice...t-cabinet&Itemid=82

http://www.mod.go.ke/

http://www.communication...nistry.asp?personid=325

http://www.mod.go.ke/?page_link=people

Posting deceptive links will be exposed for what it is; mere propaganda and lies.
Gordon Gekko
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:09:45 PM

@niclasclause, please don't shoot me. Is http://www.mod.go.ke NOT THE OFFICIAL Ministry of Defence website? If it is, where is the "mere propaganda and lies"?
ecstacy
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:19:05 PM

What law was violated? Who was side stepped?

Sometimes it's better to keep quiet than expose your ignorance and worse a tribally inclined one.
wakagori
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:32:02 PM

I wonder how KenGen is a critical arm of the gov't....
Euge
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:36:52 PM

Impunity wrote:
Foreman wrote:
1. CGS- waweru kirangi
2. Kengen-E njoroge
5. KRA- M.Waweru
6. CBK-ndungu

7. Nairobi hawkers - Mbugua
8. Mare mare - Kimani.
9. Chomelea - Njoroo.
10.Mama mboga - Waithera.
11.Orezo - BAKS