wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

kanjo madness....
livie
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:47:59 AM

got this from a blogger in response to sonko's tribulations....

what are wazuans experiences...?

"Most of us bloggers had had no the misfortune to brush with the Nairobi City Council goons. They are fellows out for no good at all. They draft and pass by-laws as they prowl the streets. Happen to puke when sick, they will not listen to you. They will manhandle you even before you are through. Tie a lace when stepping on a pavement, you find yourself airborne minus your essentials. Infact, they need reaction kin to their actions- because they'll never reason. "
If you are going to be thinking only one thing, you might as well be thinking big. -Donald J . Trump
subzero
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:35:26 AM

These guys are sick in the head and simply not reasoning.

along mombasa road , you cannot board or alight a matatu at kobil(uhuru highway/haile sellasie junction) nyayo stadium, bridge, belle vue, parkside , vision plaza, etc etc.

every morning, they go arresting people along the road.

They wait for passengers DROPPING off at the above point and arrest them and let the matatu go.

from Town(commercial) to cabanas, a distance of like 10km, the only recognised matatu stages are
1. Marshalls
2. Bellevue (but not at the junction)
3. St. James
4.Panari
5.GM
6.Cabanas

everywhere else you get arrested... distances of upto 3km and no legal stage in between.

along ngong road, there's no stage at Posta, so guys are walking all the way to adams to avoid arrest !!!

This is harassment by Kanjo, they should be stopped
Magigi
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:54:33 AM

...There is no doubt remaining that Sonko is a stupid man...But there are times when a stupid man does an isolated 'unstupid' act. People should have rallied behind him on his last act...Kanju people are simply stupid...Yesterday I was enjoying music at reasonable volume in a traffic jam when a stupid Kanjo man walked up to me and told me that I will be arrested...Lucky enough the traffic lights gave way and I zoomed off...
Impunity
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:04:14 AM

Magigi wrote:
...There is no doubt remaining that Sonko is a stupid man...But there are times when a stupid man does an isolated 'unstupid' act. People should have rallied behind him on his last act...Kanju people are simply stupid...Yesterday I was enjoying music at reasonable volume in a traffic jam when a stupid Kanjo man walked up to me and told me that I will be arrested...Lucky enough the traffic lights gave way and I zoomed off...

Applause Applause Applause Applause
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Kwanini
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:42:05 AM

@impunity, i guess these are the chaps who hide hapo coop just before jeevanjee. Same chaps stopped me for "stepping on the zebra" As soon as i made to stop on the side...Vrrrooom....! Nasikia kuna warrant ya last year...
"For i am the master and the captain of my fate"
kimiri
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:44:17 PM

A while ago a city council goon slapped me on the face when I demanded to see his identification documents before he could arrest me for dropping a sweet wrapper. Guess what, the fellow will never do that to another guy. I knocked him senseless and was in the process of dealing with his side kick when the regular police arrived. The duo could still not prove to the men in blue that they were city council goons and were therefore arrested while I was allowed to walk (the public backed my story). So @livie you are right. Even if I know that the way I reacted was not good, sometimes a man got to do what a man got to do.
FancyFace
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:44:34 PM

subzero wrote:

along mombasa road , you cannot board or alight a matatu at kobil(uhuru highway/haile sellasie junction) nyayo stadium, bridge, belle vue, parkside , vision plaza, etc etc.

They wait for passengers DROPPING off at the above point and arrest them and let the matatu go.

from Town(commercial) to cabanas, a distance of like 10km, the only recognised matatu stages are
1. Marshalls
3. St. James
4.Panari
5.GM
6.Cabanas

everywhere else you get arrested... distances of upto 3km and no legal stage in between.

along ngong road, there's no stage at Posta, so guys are walking all the way to adams to avoid arrest !!!

Two questions:
1. Do you drive daily along Msa road up until cabanas?

2. Do you see the number of accidents caused either by these same matatus dropping/picking commuters ANYWHERE, the same guys crossing ANYHOW?

IMHO I think it's rather you walk for that 3km than risk lives of pedestrians,drivers,school kids etc ati because of convenience....that road is a death trap...

Long distance matatus one is dropped at a designated stage and walks like 5km with heavy luggage..think about it...#thatisall

Problems can get out of proportion, and not only in the wee small hours. Don't let the problems eclipse the Master. Let the Master eclipse the problems.
XSK
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:11:58 PM

Magigi wrote:

I think for the kanjo thugs- this is poetic justice. What goes around coming around! One experience with kanjo is all you will ever need to learn what they are. Pathetic!!! Sad
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
raszag
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:27:01 PM

This guys are goons so if u get an opportunity to embarrass them, just do it...a few weeks back on sato around 3pm, I packed or rather madam packed in those disabled designated parking ..so I jumped over to the drivers's sit as madam went to do her errands..

3 mins later, a guy in a white overcoat comes and knocks or rather bangs the drivers door and instantly tries to confiscate the car keys.

I quickly chomoa the keys and shouts at the guys asking him who he was and 'na anataka nini'...he introduces himself as kajo then tells me that i'll need like 4k to be bailed for parking there....i listen to the guy then i tell him calmly to ingia the car on the passengers front seat we talk....Jamaa akajua amepata mpango wa Tusker and Nyama......Immediately he starts going round the car to the passenger seat...mimi huyu...nikafunga dirisha, gari nikawasha..........vvvrrrrrrmmmmmmm...and I drove off...The guy chased the car for like 50 metres akachoka........

Please dont try this if there is traffic...
Hardwork, Smartness & Humility = Successful and Happy life...Jipange sasa hivi
livie
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:48:15 PM

kimiri wrote:
A while ago a city council goon slapped me on the face when I demanded to see his identification documents before he could arrest me for dropping a sweet wrapper. Guess what, the fellow will never do that to another guy. I knocked him senseless and was in the process of dealing with his side kick when the regular police arrived. The duo could still not prove to the men in blue that they were city council goons and were therefore arrested while I was allowed to walk (the public backed my story). So @livie you are right. Even if I know that the way I reacted was not good, sometimes a man got to do what a man got to do.

good one @kimiri, would do the same too! cant tell thugs,conmen and kanjo apart...they act the same so need same treatment...Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
If you are going to be thinking only one thing, you might as well be thinking big. -Donald J . Trump
Elder
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:06:21 PM

raszag wrote:
This guys are goons so if u get an opportunity to embarrass them, just do it...a few weeks back on sato around 3pm, I packed or rather madam packed in those disabled designated parking ..so I jumped over to the drivers's sit as madam went to do her errands..

3 mins later, a guy in a white overcoat comes and knocks or rather bangs the drivers door and instantly tries to confiscate the car keys.

I quickly chomoa the keys and shouts at the guys asking him who he was and 'na anataka nini'...he introduces himself as kajo then tells me that i'll need like 4k to be bailed for parking there....i listen to the guy then i tell him calmly to ingia the car on the passengers front seat we talk....Jamaa akajua amepata mpango wa Tusker and Nyama......Immediately he starts going round the car to the passenger seat...mimi huyu...nikafunga dirisha, gari nikawasha..........vvvrrrrrrmmmmmmm...and I drove off...The guy chased the car for like 50 metres akachoka........

Was there a justification for that?
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Lolest!
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:15:57 PM

The CCN operation mode is dangerous. They have no ID thus kidnappers could take advantage
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
cmk
#13 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 7:35:44 AM

kimiri wrote:

\

@kimiri,you r quite an asset to walk around town with..congrats..there is a guy i want knocked down in town..
Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do-
Voltaire
raszag
#14 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 10:37:19 AM

Elder wrote:
raszag wrote:

Was there a justification for that?

Parking there wasn't intentional , Madam just saw a free parking na akaweka gari...so neither I nor Mama watoto saw the disabled sign board...We're just glad we got a free parking space..it's difficult to get a parking in CBD even on a saturday afternoon...
Hardwork, Smartness & Humility = Successful and Happy life...Jipange sasa hivi
kimiri
#15 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 12:12:47 PM

@cmk. Ishould have cautioned Wazuan's not to try this often. Nevertheless, these guys can be terribly annoying.
bwenyenye
#16 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 12:29:57 PM

I thought Kisia was too get those gys to wear unform. No one should be allowed to handle raia without uniform. What they do should be preventive and not kushika watu. For example, I do not see a logic in kujificha after the Zebra Crossing so that you 'Catch'errant Probox drivers. Why not just stop infront of the Zebra Crossing and stop the vehicles. That way everyone will benefit. Not even the Police are allowed to 'hide' theselves. They should be visible.
I Think Therefore I Am
subzero
#17 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 6:06:39 PM

FancyFace wrote:
subzero wrote:

1. Marshalls
3. St. James
4.Panari
5.GM
6.Cabanas

Two questions:
1. Do you drive daily along Msa road up until cabanas?

2. Do you see the number of accidents caused either by these same matatus dropping/picking commuters ANYWHERE, the same guys crossing ANYHOW?

IMHO I think it's rather you walk for that 3km than risk lives of pedestrians,drivers,school kids etc ati because of convenience....that road is a death trap...

Long distance matatus one is dropped at a designated stage and walks like 5km with heavy luggage..think about it...#thatisall

@FancyFace
To answer your questions.

1. I do
2. I See the Accidents,

But you seem assume to suggest that accidents on Mombasa road are caused by matatus stopping anywhere, and that kanjo should be supported in their bid to help reduce the accidents on mombasa road.
from my observation, matatus on mombasa road stop on acceleration lanes where there are no designated stages and in my opinion, this has a negligible effect on the number of accidents on the road.

You also seem to suggest that passengers should be dropped off at designated stages then they should cross the road as this will reduce the number of accidents. You also seem to suggest that kanjo should be supported to enforce this.

In my opinion, regardless of wherever the passengers are dropped the pedestrian will still cross a 3 lane road with heavy traffic. there is no where on mombasa road where traffic slows down. so what is the point in forcing the passengers to drop off at particular places.