wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
CIC:why does Muthaura want to derail the constitutional implementation
newfarer
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:43:43 AM

And why does he and Mutua think the salaries for CIC commissioners should be reduced ?

In the firstplace why do we tax payers have to pay Mutua 1.4Million Per month , what does he do?

The CIC commissioners are lawyers of high calibre and can make much more than that 1.3Million Muthaura wants to make us believe is much.

Is muthaura and Mutua being used by the Mps as a revenge on the CIC for telling them to pay taxes?

What important think do the MPs do to deserve anything beyond 200k per month.

some of these mps have even bribed to get swahili and english proficiency testsShame on you Shame on you Shame on you
punda amecheka
McReggae
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:02:17 AM

Mutua's office is not even defined the constitution in the 1st place, can you propose to reduce salaries which you have not even paid for one month????>.....ABK!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Insurgent
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:25:38 AM

newfarer wrote:
And why does he and Mutua think the salaries for CIC commissioners should be reduced ?

In the firstplace why do we tax payers have to pay Mutua 1.4Million Per month , what does he do?

The CIC commissioners are lawyers of high calibre and can make much more than that 1.3Million Muthaura wants to make us believe is much.

Is muthaura and Mutua being used by the Mps as a revenge on the CIC for telling them to pay taxes?

What important think do the MPs do to deserve anything beyond 200k per month.

some of these mps have even bribed to get swahili and english proficiency testsShame on you Shame on you Shame on you
CIC commissioners should be paid 2 million to keep them above political machination. They will be in office for a short duration like wage earners and thus the rational for above average pay. The salary should also give them statue in the society to be above government grades and in the process give them power and authority. The mahungry members of parliament and government functionaries that would wish to scatter the katiba would then find it hard to suppress the CIC. Remember, the political establishment did not desire to change the constitution, Obama forced it down their throats.

Obama is now cutting down to size men and women who might become a challenge to the changes he wants. Mwau can bankroll a formidable challenge to Obama's choice of president even when America and other pigs pour money to back a friendly choice for president in Kenya.

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Rev Canon Karanja.

KulaRaha
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:25:57 AM

I wait for the day Mutua is kicked out of his office...that day is coming soon.

Then let him come to me begging for advertising contracts...I'll fix him!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
FundamentAli
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:39:03 AM

They are earning more than MPs, the CJ and High Court Judges. Why? Serving your country should be a honour. They will still receive a very decent pay by any standard
grolut
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:40:45 AM

@Insurgent if you're allegiance or integrity can be bought, then it doesn't matter how much you make, if you're corrupt, you're corrupt.
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
Robinhood
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:53:35 AM

Muthaura is as always being used.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
bwenyenye
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:47:17 PM

grolut wrote:
@Insurgent if you're allegiance or integrity can be bought, then it doesn't matter how much you make, if you're corrupt, you're corrupt.

Kweli mtupu! No man who works for money gives is best.
I Think Therefore I Am
Burning Spear
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:01:13 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
I wait for the day Mutua is kicked out of his office...that day is coming soon.

Then let him come to me begging for advertising contracts...I'll fix him!

I read on sunday nation that the guy is warming up to be Machakos 1st Governor. I wait to see whether he will be acting and directing cobra squad from the Governor's office in machakos.
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
B.Timer
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:53:26 PM

These commissioners should not be paid anything more than 500k nett (after taxation) a month.

Pay, though important, should not be the driving force in a job like theirs.

In our circumstances with Kenyans starving to death, it is immoral for public servants to demand to be paid millions each 30 calender days!

Arent the same people who have always complained when MPs increased teir perks.

Why is it bad for MPs and good for CIC commissioners!

I am told the constitutions has created many positions for all manner of commissioners.
If all of them were to be paid as the CIC fellows demand, a huge hole will be left in our pockets.

This matter was handled in the formal way with several letters being exchanged - discussing the issue, till CIC called a press conference to cry wolf!

Only then did Alfred Mutua react to the CIC claims - to state the Governments position - upon prodding by Journalists.
Dunia ni msongamano..
For Sport
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:28:47 PM

B.Timer
Own the constitution. You cannot afford to say you are told the constitution does this or says that.

So, how did u arrive at 500k?
B.Timer
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:03:08 PM

For Sport wrote:
B.Timer
Own the constitution. You cannot afford to say you are told the constitution does this or says that.

So, how did u arrive at 500k?

I just afforded!!

On a more serious note, would you rather the figure is more or less.

How much do you think we should pay all these commissioners as numerous as they are.
Dunia ni msongamano..
McReggae
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:03:47 AM

Let the terms of service and contracts be honored!!!
Mpenzi
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:11:10 AM

In my understanding the bands being bandied around eg Band A1 starts from about 399,000/= to about 900,000/= with a 10 per cent annual increment, which to me makes sense. The real question is - what is the entry point for these Commissioners? Surely it shouldnt be 900,000/= plus allowances!
bwenyenye
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:14:35 AM

McReggae wrote:

Dude..No. Let the rule of LAW be followed. If the Policy states that holders of Consititutional offices should be paid bla bla bla, let it be followed. Whoever agreed with these guys need to tell us if he/she is above the policy.. This is another Marende/PM/Kibz story.. Sheria ifuatwe. THEY ARE NOT SPECIAL. If they feel the money is less, basi they are free to resign.
I Think Therefore I Am
For Sport
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:20:06 AM

bwenyenye wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Dude..No. Let the rule of LAW be followed. If the Policy states that holders of Consititutional offices should be paid bla bla bla, let it be followed. Whoever agreed with these guys need to tell us if he/she is above the policy.. This is another Marende/PM/Kibz story.. Sheria ifuatwe. THEY ARE NOT SPECIAL. If they feel the money is less, basi they are free to resign.

Their contracts should be honored.

bwenyenye, Why do you think that their contracts and terms of service are not within the law?
And they are special - they got elected through a competitive process. We are however free to hire whatever crap we can afford.
KulaRaha
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:23:24 AM

How much is Mutua paid for doing crap zero nothing wasting oxygen?

I think those CIC commissioners are way more important to Kenya than he is.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
McReggae
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:32:21 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
How much is Mutua paid for doing crap zero nothing wasting oxygen?

I think those CIC commissioners are way more important to Kenya than he is.

I hear the bugger earns upwards of Kes 1M.....for what???
McReggae
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:36:28 AM

For Sport wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:
McReggae wrote:

bwenyenye, Why do you think that their contracts and terms of service are not within the law?
And they are special - they got elected through a competitive process. We are however free to hire whatever crap we can afford.

Forsport, well put: Their contracts need to be honored, when they resigned from their position they had a certain agreement, this must be kept!!!

Does anybody here sincerely think that Mutua and Muthaura are doing this because Kenyans are suffering????......tell that to the dogs!!!!!
bwenyenye
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:43:43 AM

McReggae wrote:
For Sport wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Forsport, well put: Their contracts need to be honored, when they resigned from their position they had a certain agreement, this must be kept!!!

Does anybody here sincerely think that Mutua and Muthaura are doing this because Kenyans are suffering????......tell that to the dogs!!!!!

@For Sport, I feel you. These guys left hefty jobs for what they are doing. However, my contention is that there is a law that stipulates how much consitutional office holders are to be paid. They should follow that law. Otherwise, they will lose all integrity to demand that others follow the law. It is a matter of Principle here. I can assure you, that everyone is waitng for them to break ONE law and all hell breaks lose! That is my submission. What they have to offer this country is MUCH more than the few hundred thousand shillings per month.The need to first offer integrity. If they insist on getting those perks before the law is ammended, then they will not finish the race they have started so well.
My lords, I submit humbly.
I Think Therefore I Am