wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Why Marende must be defended
tycho
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 1:43:55 PM

The transition from the pre-political to the political must be paved by 'gentleman agreements'.

And these agreements must be binding; otherwise the political body will suffer from lack of trust.

We cannot build a new and prosperous nation if no one is sincere when making political deals or if there are doubts regarding the intentions of other politicians.

Let us therefore support Marende, and at the same time urge our M.P.s to make philanthropic contributions to the treasury on the grounds that they are responsible for our welfare.

Kaigangio
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 1:48:18 PM

i thought he was well endowed with "solomonic wisdom"...why not use the same to defend himself? NKT!!!!
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
'user'
#3 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 2:09:24 PM

Tycho , since you are hungry for controversy , I won't be the one to start it.

You have your right to support him but don't drag the rest of us.

How comes Tycho , you are reappearing with Njuguna same day today? Mnaishi pamoja?

tycho wrote:
The transition from the pre-political to the political must be paved by 'gentleman agreements'.

And these agreements must be binding; otherwise the political body will suffer from lack of trust.

We cannot build a new and prosperous nation if no one is sincere when making political deals or if there are doubts regarding the intentions of other politicians.

Let us therefore support Marende, and at the same time urge our M.P.s to make philanthropic contributions to the treasury on the grounds that they are responsible for our welfare.

2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
Inuendo
#4 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 2:18:52 PM

tycho wrote:

Either you are not serious or you are an mpig. Marende is a big boy he doesn't need any of us to defend him.
Common sense is the most evenly distributed quantity in the world. Everyone thinks he has enough.
Snazzy
#5 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 4:10:35 PM

tycho wrote:

On what basis should a man who has shown a prospensity for defending the 222 MPs in lieu of 40 million Kenyan be defended.A man who has termed tax payment a philanthropic act on the part of the members of the August house.A man who when delivering his judgements on constitutional matters has quoted the same document he now wants to trash because they got a gentlemans agreement?

“You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”

― Anne Lamott
tycho
#6 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 5:38:01 PM

@'user'
Which njuguna? Ndung'u?
There is no controversy here.Marende is protecting the constitution.We must defend the constitution;therefore in this case we must support Marende.

@inuendo
I guess I'll have to take the mpig tag.If we don't back the speaker's position then we will have to forget the 'dreams of our fathers.'We will just go back to our old practices.

@Kaigangio
His wisdom is already solomonic.

MaichBlack
#7 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:06:38 PM

tycho wrote:

tycho

Now an MPig, an MPig's mistress [first casualty of reduced cash flow] or an assistant is seeking sympathy in wazua! Wrong forum!!! Hapa huwesmek!

Ati:
I guess I'll have to take the mpig tag.If we don't back the speaker's position then we will have to forget the 'dreams of our fathers.'We will just go back to our old practices.

What??? What have you been smoking? Who are you trying to convince with such a pedestrian statement?
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Inuendo
#8 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:28:54 PM

tycho wrote:
@'user'
Which njuguna? Ndung'u?
There is no controversy here.Marende is protecting the constitution.We must defend the constitution;therefore in this case we must support Marende.

@inuendo

@Kaigangio
His wisdom is already solomonic.

Who is WE? Which dreams are you talking about? If you haven't noticed most Wazuans and Kenyans for that matter DEMAND that the mpigs to pay taxes. There is nothing special about them (mpigs). Like some one pointed out somewhere, if a guy earning 15k is paying taxes why should an mpig earning 800+k be exempt? Give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar!!
Common sense is the most evenly distributed quantity in the world. Everyone thinks he has enough.
For Sport
#9 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:35:28 PM

tycho wrote:

@Kaigangio
His wisdom is already solomoronic.

For Sport
#10 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:37:33 PM

tycho wrote:
@'user'
Which njuguna? Ndung'u?

Lame.
So,where are your troops?
PS.you obviously do not meet your tax obligations
MaichBlack
#11 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:51:51 PM

For Sport wrote:
tycho wrote:

@Kaigangio

@For Sport Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I like the way you have played with the word there. It brings Marende out perfectly

Solo-Moron-ic

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
B.Timer
#12 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:53:34 PM

tycho wrote:

You actually do have a point.

However you gotta be careful how you sell it here.

I am persuaded that MPs need to pay taxes like the rest of us.
I also agree that the executive ought to be able to be taken by their word - otherwise how will they deal with other arms/institutions going forward.

They need to regret their promise to Parliament and..... well blame poor advise on the implication of the constitution on the matter at hand.

And by the way, MPs can hit back in many ways if the executive continues to shows them the middle finger!

The victim will be the guy on the street.
Dunia ni msongamano..
MaichBlack
#13 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 8:08:51 PM

@tycho - News flash!!! You had better get another old man to be paying rent for your Kileleshwa apartment. You are the first cost the MPig is going to cut once he starts paying taxes. Imagine him paying back taxes and still trying to save for the next election. You are finished!

If you can't get an elderly man, we can give you ours. He is called @guka. But his former mistress used to live in a converted combi he used to drive when he could land more than once a month - until mama Mburu caught up with her. That will be your new home. Oh, and his ideas of a holiday is two weeks in the Chalbi desert. He wonders why one should visit a desert in the middle east (read Dubai), while there is one you can drive to.
For Sport
#14 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 8:17:29 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
For Sport wrote:
tycho wrote:

@Kaigangio

@For Sport Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I like the way you have played with the word there. It brings Marende out perfectly

Solo-Moron-ic

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Thanks but i cant take credit for the play:)
was used earlier by another wazuan
http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...px?g=posts&m=187937
(Innairobi #33). Aptly describes Marende in this debate
For Sport
#15 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 8:24:49 PM

B.Timer wrote:
tycho wrote:

You actually do have a point.

However you gotta be careful how you sell it here.

And by the way, MPs can hit back in many ways if the executive continues to shows them the middle finger!

The victim will be the guy on the street.

Newsflash:
1.No buyers here. We pay our taxes or they are taken from us (what's the difference anyway). The MPs should pay or have it taken from them - si PAYE is deducted at source.
2. I am NOT a victim. My MP hasn't indicated that he has paid either and I'm waiting to show himmy middle finger during the next election.
Sober
#16 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 9:36:23 PM

Give me three reasons why an MP should pay tax and i will give you one as to why he shouldnt.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
For Sport
#17 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 10:22:12 PM

Sober wrote:
Give me three reasons why an MP should pay tax and i will give you one as to why he shouldnt.

sure you have one?