wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

South Sudanse photo in bad light
Wamutonyi
#1 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 11:13:32 AM

Hi Wazuans;

I found the photo appearing on front page of today's Daily Nation quite demeaning for our brothers in South Sudan. Surely, they could have looked for a better photo. Why put it on the front page.

http://dn.nationmedia.com/login.shtml
bwenyenye
#2 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 11:52:24 AM

These are wrestlers bwana. What is the harm? They are dressed very well for African heat. Covered with dust to show their prowess. Sasa shida iko wapi boss?
I Think Therefore I Am
selah
#3 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 1:03:34 PM

Wamutonyi wrote:
Hi Wazuans;

I found the photo appearing on front page of today's Daily Nation quite demeaning for our brothers in South Sudan. Surely, they could have looked for a better photo. Why put it on the front page.

http://dn.nationmedia.com/login.shtml

How is the photo demeaning?
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Wamutonyi
#4 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 1:17:56 PM

The guys were dusty and half-naked and considering most of them are black, they looked like monkeys(No offence intended). Though they were wrestlers, I would prefer another photo. Am sure there are other photos associated with the current events in Southern Sudan. This is a personal opinion though.
Sure
#5 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 2:43:39 PM

Wamutonyi wrote:
The guys were dusty and half-naked and considering most of them are black, they looked like monkeys(No offence intended). Though they were wrestlers, I would prefer another photo. Am sure there are other photos associated with the current events in Southern Sudan. This is a personal opinion though.

You have been brainwashed by western culture to a point of detesting what is orinally African. The guys look very good, ready to defend their country, ready to ensure geneology continuous, evidence of fertility, and wehn the young nation is born, the men will go out and fill the country with citizens and the ancestors will be happy and bless them with wealth.
Wisdom to detect when share prices hit rock bottom.
When interest on bonds keep going up, you know the bear run is on high street. When interest on bonds start leveling, the bear has met the bull and they have hit rock bottom. When the interest rates on bonds start coming down, the bull has overpowered the bear and you better be riding the bull.
majimaji
#6 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 3:09:06 PM

I liked the photo. Africa as it is.
mpobiz
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2011 10:04:53 PM

majimaji wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

@wamutonyi
wewe ni bure kabisa..
africa is africa ..africa should be the way africans want it to be not what other continents want it to be. kama wewe ni black outside and white in the inside pole sana mzee..
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Robinhood
#8 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 8:19:51 AM

mpobiz wrote:
majimaji wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

@wamutonyi
wewe ni bure kabisa..
africa is africa ..africa should be the way africans want it to be not what other continents want it to be. kama wewe ni black outside and white in the inside pole sana mzee..

This is one of the best pictures of the whole new nation thing. It captures the celebratory mood like no other and wraps it with the culture of South Sudan - traditional wrestling.

@wamutonyi, just continue enjoying your brainwashed state...
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...