wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
I stole the money before-okemo
manpoa
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:39:31 PM

"when i laundered the billions,there was no law against this in Kenya" okemo said as reported in yesterdays daily nation back page. Now once cornered it will be our people are being targeted.
Welcome to Kenya
nostoppingthis
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:45:35 PM

manpoa wrote:
"when i laundered the billions,there was no law against this in Kenya" okemo said as reported in yesterdays daily nation back page. Now once cornered it will be our people are being targeted.
Welcome to Kenya

I was shocked that he said this...
FundamentAli
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:01:40 PM

manpoa wrote:
Welcome to Kenya

Anyone who knows whether the anti-money laundering law can be applied retrospectively? Or is it that the mere fact that we have such a law is enough for extradition?

Kenyans are cornered. Mwau, Gadhaffi, Hague, Okemo, Gichuru. Who is next?
XSK
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:07:44 PM

Like kwendo liked to write "when you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you do is stop diging" This man should go quiet/underground and face the music away from the public.
PS I know this is easier said than done.
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
KulaRaha
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:43:56 PM

Hey, maybe this is a defense the Ocampo 6 can use: I did it, but there's no law against it...

Like say, Sang can claim he incited people on radio, but there isn't any law against doing so in Eldoret specifically.

Or, UK can say he funded Mungiki, but there's no clause specifically against funding Mungiki anywhere in Kenyan law...
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Magigi
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:55:04 PM

...Wacha niulize kama @Fast and Furious....HOW IS MONEY LAUNDERED? If Jesus came around and made one fish into 5000, would he be accused of food launder
dunkang
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 11:17:36 PM

Okemo is one son of a bi**h.

I stole from you, what will you do?

My poor Kenya!
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 11:35:42 AM

nostoppingthis wrote:
manpoa wrote:
Welcome to Kenya

I was shocked that he said this...

Me too! What an idiot!

BBI will solve it
:)
Jus Blazin
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 11:48:42 AM

And the idiot will still be elected by his people. @magigi, good question.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Kirika
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 11:58:42 AM

I was equally horified when i read his response. Doesnt he have lawyers who should be talking on his behalf ?

I thought that grey hair naturally comes with grey matter between the ears? Silly me !

Isnt it ironical that he's the same MPig that headed the Commission that cleared Charter House Bank of any wrongdoing, whilst the US has 10 kgs of dirt on the same bank.

Tough times for these two, the DPP may actually prove his mettle that was recently questioned by backing their deportation.
KulaRaha
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 12:20:41 PM

Now it seems Tobiko is seeking arrest warrants for the two.

Surprising, I thought that Tobiko fellow was dirty.
innairobi
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 12:24:51 PM

The head of the finance committee and Julie Gichuru's father-in-law now on the next flight to Jersey dressed in immaculate orange suits.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
McReggae
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 12:37:09 PM

Tobiko OKs extradition proceedings against Gichuru, Okemo. Team to seek warrants of arrest for the 2 expected in court shortly
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Mpenzi
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 12:42:56 PM

manpoa wrote:
Welcome to Kenya

I do not hold brief for Okemo but I read the Nation report on the matter and nowhere did I see the phrase quoted by manpoa which seems to manpoa's own paraphrase. See the Nation's report at:

http://www.nation.co.ke/...006/1193722/-/2ntrec/-/
Njung'e
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 1:19:14 PM

McReggae wrote:
Tobiko OKs extradition proceedings against Gichuru, Okemo. Team to seek warrants of arrest for the 2 expected in court shortly

He has??.....The moment this two fellows get to a one way plane,i'll forgive Tobiko of all his sins,real and imagined.

Na wewe weka rink!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Njung'e
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 1:25:34 PM

Nimepata........Awuiiiiiii!....This two kwisa kabisa.This is the clearest message in the fight against corruption....It will not be business as usual and it doesn't matter how long it happened.

http://www.capitalfm.co....huru-arrested-13483.html
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
mukiha
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 1:52:10 PM

Mpenzi wrote:
manpoa wrote:
Welcome to Kenya

I do not hold brief for Okemo but I read the Nation report on the matter and nowhere did I see the phrase quoted by manpoa which seems to manpoa's own paraphrase. See the Nation's report at:

http://www.nation.co.ke/...006/1193722/-/2ntrec/-/

DailyNation wrote:
Mr Okemo says in the court papers: “Prior to the enactment of the Proceeds of Crime and Anti-Money Laundering Act 2009, it was not an offence in Kenya, hence the charges do not satisfy the dual criminality principle.”

The MP also wants the court to rule that allegations of misconduct in public office made by the Jersey authorities should not be tried there.

“As the alleged criminal conduct took place in Kenya, it has sole jurisdiction to try the alleged offender,” says his petition.

The MP faces 15 counts of money laundering and misconduct in public office allegedly committed between February 1, 1998 and June, 28 2002, which he denies.

“In the event the offences were committed, the State which lost money is Kenya. It is a fact that no funds which are owned by Jersey or its institutions were lost,” he says.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 2:04:32 PM

KulaRaha wrote:

That's why he needs to do this badly for PR's sake.

BBI will solve it
:)
KulaRaha
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 2:15:05 PM

2012 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

That's why he needs to do this badly for PR's sake.

I doubt anything will happen to those two.

They'll buy their way out, Tobiko rumour says is very very buyable.
Kirika
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 2:41:20 PM

I must say i'm impressed by Tobiko if he has actually decided to roast these two.

I guess he has to prove that after all he is not all rotten to the core.

I hate to admit it though, but i guess some of our Judges must have been wishing they heard the case locally. They would mint serious cash from Gichuru.