wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages<12345>»
Prime Minister Raila Odinga shows leadership by paying tax arrears.
Njore
#41 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 3:35:20 PM

If anything, credit should go to J. Muthama and P. Kenneth and not to any other political leader who knowingly and willingly committed an economic crime for ten months with impunity. It is slowly coming to dawn on political leaders that days of impunity were buried with the old constitution. Incidentally, they are also not very sure what cards the new CJ may be holding under the table.
githundi
#42 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 3:38:10 PM

Great leadership. At this rate Rao is closing on my vote. Mutava might become aMutunga of executive.
Democracy does not belong to the dead
mukiha
#43 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 3:55:47 PM

An interesting quote from here: http://www.nation.co.ke/...-/10vtps9z/-/index.html

"Chief Justice Willy Mutunga who is not affected by the demand for back taxes by the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) has asked the taxman to compute the amounts owed by judges."
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Alo
#44 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 4:12:59 PM

Njore wrote:
If anything, credit should go to J. Muthama and P. Kenneth and not to any other political leader who knowingly and willingly committed an economic crime for ten months with impunity. It is slowly coming to dawn on political leaders that days of impunity were buried with the old constitution. Incidentally, they are also not very sure what cards the new CJ may be holding under the table.

Njore my thoughts exactly. Pk should stand up for presidency and he'll have my vote. Hao wengine ni BK. They should have given ceasr what belongs to him kitambo si wangoje watu wapige nduru, what if the CJ supported them! shame on them!
"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her."
Njung'e
#45 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 4:15:17 PM

@Bwenyenye,
Wondering too about my Mpig (Kioni).He would rather die than buy himself a cup of tea.....I won't be surprised if he dives from the top of Kirurumo (Thompsons' falls)....and is there a better way of avoiding taxes than this?smile
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
runjam
#46 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 4:19:27 PM

Njore wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause
Kirika
#47 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 4:23:19 PM

Kalooser must be fidgeting and cursing quietly !
KulaRaha
#48 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 4:26:27 PM

Kirika wrote:
Kalooser must be fidgeting and cursing quietly !

Kalooser will be in the press bad mouthing RAO and KRA saying it was a consipracy!
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
wanyuru
#49 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 4:43:47 PM

Njung'e wrote:
@Bwenyenye,
Wondering too about my Mpig (Kioni).He would rather die than buy himself a cup of tea.....I won't be surprised if he dives from the top of Kirurumo (Thompsons' falls)....and is there a better way of avoiding taxes than this?smile

@guka. Better wanjohi, at least we see him in the news yapping about anything. Mine is giving that m-PIG from Gatundu a run for his money....interestingly they share the same first name. Bure hii watu
freiks
#50 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 4:56:31 PM

All said and done i think the kudos should go to Muthama, PK and the mwananchi for making their feelings about taxes known. Njiraini thanx a lot. PM you have done us proud

Lakini hii story ya publicity ati unaenda kuliba by yourself to KRA is not the best to say the least. Kwani hao majamaa wanalipwa kwa ofisi yako kufanya hiyo kazi walikuwa wapi, it means they are sleeping on their job
Life is an endless adventure
nostoppingthis
#51 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 5:01:03 PM

freiks wrote:
All said and done i think the kudos should go to Muthama, PK and the mwananchi for making their feelings about taxes known. Njiraini thanx a lot. PM you have done us proud

Lakini hii story ya publicity ati unaenda kuliba by yourself to KRA is not the best to say the least. Kwani hao majamaa wanalipwa kwa ofisi yako kufanya hiyo kazi walikuwa wapi, it means they are sleeping on their job

I've been waiting for such talk...
Lolest!
#52 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 5:04:35 PM

If Effort=Success, Raila should be President.

No other man in Kenya's history, save for his late father Jaramogi has toiled this hard to get this seat
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#53 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 5:07:11 PM

But spare a thought for the Mbandis of parliament.

Picture this..in 2007, you were somewhere employed, doing debits and credits or servicing comps for your boss.

Then the good Lord remembered you and gave you a seat in the coveted August house. You probably beat a 'Karume' in the polls!

So you decided to take a car loan and a mortgage-You need to have something to show for the 5 years, you know!

On top of that, you need to remain relevant in your constituency. The rich chap you beat is now bribing wananchi with sukari and unga. You too need to show wananchi you care!

The wananchi...damn the wananchi...they give and they take. They are very selfish. They want you taxed and yet they will ask 'ametufanyia nini' with respect to roads, schools, hospitals, harambees and matangas. Some of which you have no control of!

What to do? Oppose it at all costs! The Railas, Ruttos, Uhurus and Muthamas of this world are rich, they can even buy MPsSad
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
nostoppingthis
#54 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 5:10:53 PM

Lolest! wrote:
But spare a thought for the Mbandis of parliament.

Picture this..in 2007, you were somewhere employed, doing debits and credits or servicing comps for your boss.

Then the good Lord saw
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly and now?
TAZ
#55 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 5:13:28 PM

Lolest! wrote:
If Effort=Success, Raila should be President.

No other man in Kenya's history, save for his late father Jaramogi has toiled this hard to get this seat

Applause Applause Applause Applause I don't see why i should congratulate someone for paying taxes....especially when you had to be forced to do so. Anyway, its a good start hope the rest will follow hata kama ni PR.
#56 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 6:32:50 PM

TAZ wrote:
[quote=Lolest!]I don't see why i should congratulate someone for paying taxes....especially when you had to be forced to do so. Anyway, its a good start hope the rest will follow hata kama ni PR.

I give credit where it's due so PR or not congrats RO. He could have chosen to fight or just wait silently and obey whatever the CJ says. Anyway doing the right thing at the right time always earns you marks. If Kiraitu tomorrow said we get fuel at 80/- all his sins will be forgiven! (hint hint mr Kiraitu)

BBI will solve it
:)
Sober
#57 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 6:42:54 PM

I pay tax and no one congratulates me...
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
vinii
#58 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 7:42:57 PM

hii kalooser ni mtu bure kabisa , sasa 'negotiation' nikusema nini? He should have taken a clear position; paying or not paying! Mudavadi pia ni bure tuu
If you are an eagle don't hang around with chickens; chickens don't fly....
B.Timer
#59 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 8:33:53 PM

Raila is as usual courting publicity!

He waited all this while so as to pay in arreas and only after a demand is made.

Did he also pay the penealties for delaying taxes.

For political convenience he abandons other Mps without a care.
Ask kina Ruto and Kosgey.

Kenneth and Muthama are the only MPs who can hold their heads high on the taxes matter
Dunia ni msongamano..
Sober
#60 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 8:42:13 PM

Those who will suffer most are the 1st time mps who havent made enough cash to pull the RAO stunt, and are really saving because they dont know what happens after next year. For the seasoned ones with a lot of businesses to beef up their megre salary they are home and dry on this issue.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'