wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
MPigs topay taxes back dated to July last year
mushroom of truth
#41 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:03:22 AM

bwenyenye wrote:
I heard the usual cliche... ' Let us pay from the next election coz we had already budgetted for our money."

Hii watu ni Shenji kabisa. Kwani me and you pay taxes because we do not budget for our money ?

MARIPE! kwanza with penalties and interest kama wengine!

The tax guys are not hearing of this. Especially
If the payments are to be back dated to last year August, then the areas would come to about $10,000 per MP! Bloody crazy
Bring it on.
Don't go through life, grow through it!!
Njung'e
#42 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:06:02 AM

innairobi wrote:
Exit Solomonic rulings. Enter Solo-moronic rulings.

freiks wrote:
And now Marende "The Kenyan King Solomon" says that the MPIGS will not pay taxes. He has decided to keep the child and deny the 2 two ladies justice. Hata yeye akwende huko nyef nyef
http://www.nation.co.ke/...0/-/apunw1/-/index.html

I like this sana......From Solomon to Solo-moron.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
bwenyenye
#43 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:56:21 AM

Njung'e wrote:
innairobi wrote:
Exit Solomonic rulings. Enter Solo-moronic rulings.

freiks wrote:
And now Marende "The Kenyan King Solomon" says that the MPIGS will not pay taxes. He has decided to keep the child and deny the 2 two ladies justice. Hata yeye akwende huko nyef nyef
http://www.nation.co.ke/...0/-/apunw1/-/index.html

I like this sana......From Solomon to Solo-moron.

Whoever is telling the MPs not to pay their due taxes is doing them a great diservice. They may hold on( which I highly doubt) for as long as they are in Bunge. When they get out ( maybe later this year) Njiraini will come for them individualy and with higher penalties and interest and their girlfreinds' matresses will auctioned in the noon day sun.

Hapana cheaza na sheria...
I Think Therefore I Am
tassia
#44 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:13:38 PM

Hahaa, I like it. The way things are going, this thing will be decided by the supreme court and MP's should be very fearful with Mutunga in there and the fact that the judiciary has already asked KRA to help them comply meaning that the judiciary is ready to pay. If the Judges pay, kwisha maneno MP's will have to pay because even if they take their grievances to court, the case will be decided by Judges who are already paying taxes.

Njiraini does not appear to be sending just threats. He has asked any MP who has a problem to go to the supreme court meaning that KRA can only be stopped by the supreme court.

My only fear is that this tax will be paid from CDF.
Robinhood
#45 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:26:36 PM

tassia wrote:
Hahaa, I like it. The way things are going, this thing will be decided by the supreme court and MP's should be very fearful with Mutunga in there and the fact that the judiciary has already asked KRA to help them comply meaning that the judiciary is ready to pay. If the Judges pay, kwisha maneno MP's will have to pay because even if they take their grievances to court, the case will be decided by Judges who are already paying taxes.

Njiraini does not appear to be sending just threats. He has asked any MP who has a problem to go to the supreme court meaning that KRA can only be stopped by the supreme court.

My thots exactly

MPs also need to know that this will be a personal battle. When the auctioneers come calling, it will be every man for himself
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
kingfisher
#46 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:33:35 PM

Robinhood wrote:
tassia wrote:

My thots exactly

MPs also need to know that this will be a personal battle. When the auctioneers come calling, it will be every man for himself

@robin.. how do I get that job, to action them that is? Nitaenjoy kabisa.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
dossy7
#47 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:45:19 PM

These mpigs are still living in the past not knowing that the new constitution is in place wacha walipe ushuru.
Heard on KTN that if mpigs,commisioners and judiciary pay the tax it amounts to 1 billion
na Wako pia alipe ushuru hata kama anaenda home.
Former CJ pia asiwachwe
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
Blackberry
#48 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:16:26 PM

JAMES NJIRAINE for PRESIDENT!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

Opinion is free, truth is sacred.

Jangwa la Jangili
#49 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:45:05 PM

Resistance is futile. Only the courts can save them. Because more than 50% are guaranteed to be voted out in 2012, it will even be more painful when KRA comes after them one by one. That mortgage they strained to pay for will be money down the drain because of the tax+penalties.
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
mukiha
#50 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:59:17 PM

bwenyenye wrote:

Whoever is telling the MPs not to pay their due taxes is doing them a great diservice. They may hold on( which I highly doubt) for as long as they are in Bunge. When they get out ( maybe later this year) Njiraini will come for them individualy and with higher penalties and interest and their girlfreinds' matresses will auctioned in the noon day sun.

Hapana cheaza na sheria...

That is very true. The adage that "only two things in life are certain: death and taxes" is coming true in Kenya. Now that the MPs have been assessed for tax, there is no escaping. Even after death, KRA will be the first in line to lay claim on their estates... and the law give KRA first priority, before all wives, girlfriends and children! At that time, there will be no one to protect them.

It is better to simply negotiate repayment terms.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Robinhood
#51 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:17:48 PM

kingfisher wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
tassia wrote:

My thots exactly

@robin.. how do I get that job, to action them that is? Nitaenjoy kabisa.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
M.Major
#52 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:31:24 PM

and who is MPig Mbadi to threaten this commission of a compromised house should K.R.A tax their pay!!!!ASI
Nionyeshe Njia Zako.
mwenza
#53 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:38:11 PM

Hata kibaki alipe Tax from september last year.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
Lolest!
#54 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:42:13 PM

solo moronic rulingsLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I think NONE of Marende's rulings is Solomonic- not unless it's Solomon Mwangi the kamlevi we are comparing with
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
bwenyenye
#55 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:09:30 PM

For those guys who understand the Public Service rules, Does the Speaker of the house have anything to do with the payment of salaries i.e does he verify that the figures are correct before the fellows are paid or he just sees the amount in his account. If the latter is the case, basi, June salary inafaa ifike less Taxes halafu we discuss from there.. about arreas
I Think Therefore I Am
Bettertry
#56 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:21:22 PM

M.Major wrote:
and who is MPig Mbadi to threaten this commission of a compromised house should K.R.A tax their pay!!!!ASI

Actually l felt he was more so threatening kenyans rather than KRA, i.e, if we(kenyans) persist to push mpigs on this issue then "tutaona cha mtema kuni" in the form of a compromised bunge!!! Ngai... I felt like grabbing him "mashati"... yank him thru my TV screen give him a right, left hook & then a right uppercut to KO him & hence shut him up!!! NKT juu BK...
We Will Either Find a Way or Create One - HANNIBAL
Ms Mkenya
#57 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:06:35 PM

The speaker does not feel sufficiently philanthropic...
....above all, to stand.
KenSaf
#58 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:41:04 PM

I want the MPs to pay tax, they should have done this from last year. All am asking is, why now? The time when we are in a critical stage of implementing the new constitution. Is there a possibility that this is a tact to destruct us from the really issues? Think about it Kenyans
Doors of opportunity don't just open , they have to be unlocked & it's up to you to turn the knob.
freiks
#59 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 12:30:34 AM

KenSaf wrote:
I want the MPs to pay tax, they should have done this from last year. All am asking is, why now? The time when we are in a critical stage of implementing the new constitution. Is there a possibility that this is a tact to destruct us from the really issues? Think about it Kenyans

@Kensaf.....Get real my friend, there is nothing like scuttling this process. So what if they pay does it mean it will be scuttled. Am seeing quite a chunk of moderate mps paying this thing, they want to retain their seats and only way is PAY TAXES for the electorate to get you there. A good tool campaign next year will be 'the incumbet refused to pay taxes do you want to retain him' and the answer will be 'AENDE'. For those who want to be governors and so forth will pay the taxes, those who want the last nail in the coffin let them refuse to pay
Life is an endless adventure
Jaina
#60 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 8:22:34 AM

“State office” means any of the following offices––
(a) President;
(b) Deputy President;
(c) Cabinet Secretary;
(d) Member of Parliament;
(e) Judges and Magistrates;
(f) member of a commission to which Chapter Fifteen
applies;
(g) holder of an independent office to which Chapter
Fifteen applies;
(h) member of a county assembly, governor or deputy
governor of a county, or other member of the executive
committee of a county government;
(i) Attorney-General;
(j) Director of Public Prosecutions;
(k) Secretary to the Cabinet;
(l) Principal Secretary;
(m) Chief of the Kenya Defence Forces;
(n) commander of a service of the Kenya Defence Forces;
(o) Director-General of the National Intelligence Service;
(p) Inspector-General, and the Deputy Inspectors-General,
of the National Police Service; or
(q) an office established and designated as a State office by
national legislation;
“State officer” means a person holding a State office;

Imposition of tax

210. (1) No tax or licensing fee may be imposed, waived or varied
except as provided by legislation.
(2) If legislation permits the waiver of any tax or licensing fee—
(a) a public record of each waiver shall be maintained
together with the reason for the waiver; and
(b) each waiver, and the reason for it, shall be reported to
the Auditor-General.
(3) No law may exclude or authorise the exclusion of a State
officer from payment of tax by reason of—
(a) the office held by that State officer; or
(b) the nature of the work of the State officer.

Its very clear who is right and who is Making noise.

KRA has a discretion to demand for payment of taxes whenever it wishes to do so. Infact, they can demand for tax 10 Years from the date the payment ought to have been made. As such, the question of "why now" should not arise.

Speaker's Solomonic or Whatever judgements he may have are NOT law. In fact he is in the same boat with his flock of MP's. He should Pay taxes as well.