wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

NSE reacting +vely to the Budget
ecstacy
#1 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 10:56:00 AM

It seems most counters are in the green so far today. I think it is a +vely strong budget reaction? Anything else at play?
eli
#2 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 1:38:00 PM

seems like!

But you shall remember the LORD your God,for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth,that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers,as it is this day. Deu 8:18
jammo
#3 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 2:36:00 PM

Not too fast! ...no new cash has been pumped into the market..just trade offs n interchangin counters!!..u need a bit more data for that....not just prices!

..if it is not expressly prohibited in law.. DO IT!!!!
Mainat
#4 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 2:55:00 PM

The push to 3,000 has been on the cards for a while. I think we might even have touched 4,500 this yr before the budget was announced.

If anything,a cold-hard look at the budget would lead to a sell off because liquidity will shift to the bond market. And to higher interest rates...

www.mjengakenya.blogspot.com
Sehemu ndio nyumba
VituVingiSana
#5 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 5:34:00 PM

(1) The budget is just that - a budget. Reality is different. Earnings from tourism & horticulture will drop leading to lower tax revenues & fewer jobs. (2) As long as the roads are built by the Chinese,Kenyans receive the dregs since the Chinese import almost all the raw materials. The supervisors are all Chinese. BUT good road help the economy. (3) The MPigs will not pay taxes & will get more perks! Waste of cash!

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
jammo
#6 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 6:03:00 PM

Mainat........ Spot on!!! n on that note... Hav a wonderful weekend! Hard look on budget starts on monday!

..if it is not expressly prohibited in law.. DO IT!!!!
Jus Blazin
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2009 4:22:00 PM

lets take the outlook with a pinch of salt...the coming weeks should be an indicator of the market reaction to the budget...

From a Little Spark may burst a Mighty Flame...
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
ecstacy
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:28:00 PM

Mr James,when all is said and done the net effect of sentiment and funds (demand) is on price! Reaction to the BUDGET is the cascade of the aforementioned. so far,so good. When borrowing hits the market,your say will be felt,issue is.. to what extent?...in my view,hot stocks will remain hot regardless.
Lyanne
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:34:00 PM

I think in the long term the NSE will take a direct hit if the budget recommendations are put in place.

Case in point: if the NSSF is to pump all money in the Govt. bonds and bills and not the stock exchange,then there will be reduced demand and a further plummet.

My take is to invest in both the market as well as the bonds and bills !

The Hedonist