wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
MPigs topay taxes back dated to July last year
TPK
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:01:34 AM

No one in Kenya pays taxes...it is TAKEN AWAY from you so wazuans should stop pretending ati you are good guys who pay taxes! Given the slightest opportunity not to pay taxes, no one wouldLiar
As long as you're going to be thinking anyway, think big
Gordon Gekko
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:33:35 AM

Robinhood wrote:
The best part is that the MPs are supposed to pay taxes from the day the constitution was passed

I think backdating is a skillful negotiating tactic by Waweru. Chances are they will end up beginning to pay from the date the notice was served, not from the date the constitution was passed.
Robinhood
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:27:23 AM

[quote=freiks]This Mbadi guy is really bad.....Since budget was read he has been on Uhuru's back like a tick on a zebu cow. Hawesmek tax lazima
http://www.nation.co.ke/...2/-/gfm4hb/-/index.html[/quote]

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
mukiha
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:48:20 AM

TPK wrote:
No one in Kenya pays taxes...it is TAKEN AWAY from you so wazuans should stop pretending ati you are good guys who pay taxes! Given the slightest opportunity not to pay taxes, no one wouldLiar

WRONG: I am self employed and I pay mine gladly and willingly....

My motivation? My office is located next to JeevanJee gardens and every few weeks I take a walk down to Globe Roundabout. The sight of the new flyover taking shape reminds me that I should pay my share of tax so that the ADB loan can be repaid without a problem....
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
kingfisher
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:49:17 AM

matalipa
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
McReggae
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:54:52 PM

KRA now tells MPs to pay taxes backdated to August last year, or else have their assets sold to recover them.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
KulaRaha
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:12:06 PM

McReggae wrote:
KRA now tells MPs to pay taxes backdated to August last year, or else have their assets sold to recover them.

I wonder what KRA will get from auctioning mistresses?

What's the going rate?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
'user'
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:18:32 PM

KRA waache vitisho . Waanze na ya Bandi , Mutula and Ngilu(these have said they wont pay taxes until next year 2012 eRections because their salaries have been committed elsewhere na Bei ya Unga imapandaShame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you ).

I like the way Wako is ready to ruka the MPs on this because he is about to retire.

Atawaachilia waanguke kama avocado imeozea kwa mti.
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
freiks
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:50:19 PM

And now Marende "The Kenyan King Solomon" says that the MPIGS will not pay taxes. He has decided to keep the child and deny the 2 two ladies justice. Hata yeye akwende huko nyef nyef
http://www.nation.co.ke/.../0/-/apunw1/-/index.html
Life is an endless adventure
raszag
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:30:27 PM

[quote=freiks]And now Marende "The Kenyan King Solomon" says that the MPIGS will not pay taxes. He has decided to keep the child and deny the 2 two ladies justice. Hata yeye akwende huko nyef nyef
http://www.nation.co.ke/...0/-/apunw1/-/index.html[/quote]

Bure kabisa huyu Mpig Marende ama ni Marenge...Such a hypocrite...He was the same Marenge to demonize Baks and Uhuru for not fully adhering to the new katiba in letter and spirit during the Judiciary nominations and Budget reading respectively....Wapi civil society wapeleke hii Kesi kwa Mutunga? ABK
Hardwork, Smartness & Humility = Successful and Happy life...Jipange sasa hivi
TPK
#31 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:36:26 PM

Hakuna tax watalipa,mpende msipende..kwani mtado?
As long as you're going to be thinking anyway, think big
gohill
#32 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:01:34 PM

Remember he is also an MPIG and an MPIG=SELFISHNESS!
innairobi
#33 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:17:15 PM

Exit Solomonic rulings. Enter Solo-moronic rulings.

freiks wrote:
And now Marende "The Kenyan King Solomon" says that the MPIGS will not pay taxes. He has decided to keep the child and deny the 2 two ladies justice. Hata yeye akwende huko nyef nyef
http://www.nation.co.ke/...0/-/apunw1/-/index.html

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
B.Timer
#34 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:41:49 AM

'user' wrote:
KRA waache vitisho . Waanze na ya Bandi , Mutula and Ngilu(these have said they wont pay taxes until next year 2012 eRections because their salaries have been committed elsewhere na Bei ya Unga imapandaShame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you ).

I like the way Wako is ready to ruka the MPs on this because he is about to retire.

Atawaachilia waanguke kama avocado imeozea kwa mti.

Mutula, is actually for paying taxes.

He actually rubbished Mps reasoning that they should be exempted from paying since their pay is already commited to loans.
Dunia ni msongamano..
B.Timer
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:52:43 AM

mukiha wrote:
This is what the constitution says:

"210(3) No law may exclude or authorise the exclusion of a State officer from payment of tax by reason of—
(a) the office held by that State officer; or
(b) the nature of the work of the State officer."

"151(2) The remuneration, benefits and privileges of the President and Deputy President shall not be varied to their disadvantage while in office."

"160(4) ...the remuneration and benefits payable to, or in respect of, a judge shall not be varied to the disadvantage of that judge, and the retirement benefits of a retired judge shall not be varied to the disadvantage of the retired judge during the lifetime of that retired judge."

"250(8) The remuneration and benefits payable to, or in respect of, the members of a commission or the holder of an indepenedent (sic) office shall not be varied to the disadvantage of that person during their respective terms of office."

These clauses protect respective officers from the sort of action that MPs are facing. But the constitution is silent about MPs' salaries. It only establishes the Parliamentary Service Commission {whose members salaries are protected under 250(8).

In all honesty, that was unfair to the MPs - even though they have been unfair to us by not paying their full tax for two decades.

Their only way out is to get a good lawyer to convince a judge that the spirit of the constitution is "salaries should not be varied to the disadvantage of a person during their term of office." And that imposition of additional tax constitutes a variation.

But with Willy Mutunga now in office, I doubt whether they will be able to convince any judge...

Their remuneration will not be varied.
What the employer pays them will remain unchanged (at least not to their disadvantage).

After they are paid, their remuneration will be used to calculate how much they shoul pay as tax.
The due tax will then be paid to KRA.

In other words tax does not amount to varying of remuneration.

You are taxed after remuneration.
Dunia ni msongamano..
Robinhood
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:40:42 AM

This needs to be escalated further. At the end of the notice period given by KRA, one of the not so rich MPs should have accounts frozen, assets auctioned, cases in court Etc. This will give the loudest notice that things have changed. Then the rest will tow the line. Mps also need to know that he longer they go without paying full tax each month the bigger the penalties and interest on unpaid tax. A wise thing would be to start paying payroll taxes while negotiating with KRA on back taxes. But how many wise MPs do we have?
McReggae
#37 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:03:53 AM

Mutula raises pertinent issues in the daily nation article, it is not so obvious that the mps are breaking the law!!!!
Robinhood
#38 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:22:15 AM

McReggae wrote:
Mutula raises pertinent issues in the daily nation article, it is not so obvious that the mps are breaking the law!!!!

Mc, The constitution is the law, and its clear on this issue
kingfisher
#39 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:38:28 AM

Robinhood wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Mc, The constitution is the law, and its clear on this issue

Any piece of legislation that is inconsistent with the constitution is invalid to the extent of that inconsistency. and the constitution proclaims itself as the supreme law. The only part of the old law that has been carried forward the way it is is the national accord for the obvious reasons. all other legislation is subordinate to the constitution. Clause 3 below states that you can not even challenge it. Sasa hii sheria MPigs wanatumia ni gani?

Supremacy of this Constitution
2. (1) This Constitution is the supreme law of the Republic and binds all persons and all State organs at both levels of government.
(2) No person may claim or exercise State authority except as authorised under this Constitution.
(3) The validity or legality of this Constitution is not subject to challenge by or before any court or other State organ.
(4) Any law, including customary law, that is inconsistent with this Constitution is void to the extent of the inconsistency, and any
act or omission in contravention of this Constitution is invalid.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
McReggae
#40 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 10:57:31 AM

Guys you are being too harsh on the MP's, if in the last budget Uhuru had proposed increase of PAYE to upto 40%, people would have raised a lot of voice but complied coz there is nothing they can do about it!!!!!