wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
FIDA halts swearing in of supreme court judges
tassia
#21 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 10:23:02 PM

No one should condemn any one or a group of people for seeking what they consider to be their rights. In any case, these women did what civilized people are supposed to do. Let the courts interpret this constitution. The ruling should set a precedent going ahead. The day I saw the list, I was almost sure someone would go to court.

Should we criticize you for seeking for restoration of your rights from institutions recognized by our constitution? Please, let's give due respect to these ladies. For those men talking badly of women, may I remind you of Wangari Maathai's words

"The issues I’m dealing with require the utilisation of what is above the neck.” Why are some men intimidated by bright hardworking women. Are these not the breed of men who see women as sex items.

To paraphrase this great lady again.

"There are some men who are so insecure that every time a woman speaks or performs an action, they have to look down and check themselves between their legs to be reassured".........
kyt
#22 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2011 2:56:14 AM

2/7 is 2.31, rounding off, the number is two. In my class, 90% were male, why then would there more representation of female, while in class it was far less #chenxtype.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
Gordon Gekko
#23 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:45:52 AM

I think the precedent was set when Justice Musangi (?) ruled that the Visram group didn't adhere to the 2/3 rule, so we should be taking bets on who will be thrown out.
My bet is Smokin Wanjala as he and DCJ represent the same regional constituency and appointments need to reflect the face of Kenya.
tassia
#24 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2011 8:40:58 AM

kyt wrote:
2/7 is 2.31, rounding off, the number is two. In my class, 90% were male, why then would there more representation of female, while in class it was far less #chenxtype.

@kyt. It is not about the numbers that were in class. And neither is it about 1/3 being women. It is about the constitution as @Elder has put it.

The question is, Is the number of men more than 2/3? Yes they are. I am not a legal expert but one of the men judges may have to be replaced by a woman.
kerich
#25 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:34:33 AM

tassia wrote:
kyt wrote:

@kyt. It is not about the numbers that were in class. And neither is it about 1/3 being women. It is about the constitution as @Elder has put it.

The question is, Is the number of men more than 2/3? Yes they are. I am not a legal expert but one of the men judges may have to be replaced by a woman.

At this rate the constitution will never be implemented.
Jaina
#26 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2011 5:04:12 PM

Jesus chosoe 12 disciples and NONE was a woman. Matthew 9: 35 - 10: 8, Mark 3: 13 - 19, Luke 6: 12 - 18, John 1: 35 - 42.

I pray that God bless me with wisdom to understand women better. Jesus knew something about them that most of us dont.

Njung'e
#27 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 4:05:20 PM

Wa_ithaka wrote:
Looks like he who was looking to mount, has been mounted.
Impunity pitia k-street unyonywe.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly .....or hunter becomes the hunted.Ama ni makosa ingine imefanyikaLaughing out loudly
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
sparkly
#28 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 6:44:06 PM

Jaina wrote:
Jesus chosoe 12 disciples and NONE was a woman. Matthew 9: 35 - 10: 8, Mark 3: 13 - 19, Luke 6: 12 - 18, John 1: 35 - 42.

I pray that God bless me with wisdom to understand women better. Jesus knew something about them that most of us dont.

Jesus was no democrat.

Rather than see the clause as favoring one gender, we should see it as a seeking to ensure fair representation. If there were 2 men and 5 women i am sure "mounted" would have gone to court.
Life is short. Live passionately.