wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
FIDA halts swearing in of supreme court judges
selah
#1 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 3:22:32 PM

This is just brinkMANship they are using the equality card when as we are speaking there is no single lady in the court of appeal...what have they done about that.

JSC has given them 1/3 of the seats in the supreme court what do they want NOW.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
bwenyenye
#2 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 3:29:44 PM

selah wrote:
This is just brinkMANship they are using the equality card when as we are speaking there is no single lady in the court of appeal...what have they done about that.

They want to get noticed you know . Miaka inaenda....lol!Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I Think Therefore I Am
Impunity
#3 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 3:40:49 PM

@bwenyenye, ROR...
I would really want to meet a man who mounts these ladies in their private hoods;I want to be one,where can I hook one?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

FundamentAli
#4 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 3:47:39 PM

FIDA is demanding 2 1/3 of the seven be women. How do we get 1/3 of a person? Enyewe Sheria ni Ngumu. YOu should increase Supreme court Judges to Nine to have 3 women
anika66
#5 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 4:01:36 PM

Impunity wrote:
@bwenyenye, ROR...
I would really want to meet a man who mounts these ladies in their private hoods;I want to be one,where can I hook one?

Excuse me! This kind of talk is not proper. FIDA lawyers are not there to be 'mounted in their private hoods' by people like Impunity. This is gender insensitive talk and the modulator should look into this. When I was married to my husband, he used to come home and beat me each time Martha Karua appeared on T.V (which was often during the Kanu/Moi Days. He told his friends that he was 'beating' one of them lawyers. This attitude should not be allowed. Why do men want to use their maleness to suppress women? Why would 'impunity' want to mount a Fida woman just because he feels threatened by them or such? Please let us look at the substance of what FIDA is saying before we personalise issues.
Keeping it all in the family
Lolest!
#6 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 4:02:27 PM

@impunity, you remind me of marendes nasty comments on these ladies.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
vinii
#7 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 4:13:34 PM

Impunity wrote:
@bwenyenye, ROR...

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly sasa what is special about them @ Impunity? you will just be inviting trouble - hawa ni makelele kelele !!
If you are an eagle don't hang around with chickens; chickens don't fly....
selah
#8 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 4:16:45 PM

anika66 wrote:
Impunity wrote:
@bwenyenye, ROR...

Excuse me! This kind of talk is not proper. FIDA lawyers are not there to be 'mounted in their private hoods' by people like Impunity. This is gender insensitive talk and the modulator should look into this. When I was married to my husband, he used to come home and beat me each time Martha Karua appeared on T.V (which was often during the Kanu/Moi Days. He told his friends that he was 'beating' one of them lawyers. This attitude should not be allowed. Why do men want to use their maleness to suppress women? Why would 'impunity' want to mount a Fida woman just because he feels threatened by them or such? Please let us look at the substance of what FIDA is saying before we personalise issues.

Now thats bad. maendeleo ya wanaume cant help such a person.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Elder
#9 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 4:30:23 PM

selah wrote:

I totally fail to see the relevance of the bolded part.

On their being given 1/3 of the seats by the JSC from the news it seems that among other things they are using Article 27 (8) of the Constitution which provides that:

Quote:
8) In addition to the measures contemplated in clause (6), the State shall take legislative and other measures to implement the principle that not more than two-thirds of the members of elective or appointive bodies shall be of the same gender.

If that Article is applicable then the question should be whether 5 out of 7 is more than two-thirds and not if you can get an exact number for a third from 7.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Burning Spear
#10 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 5:10:22 PM

I have also checked on the equation and realized that 0.28 requires they get a another woman.

one man-judge will be dropped.
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
Impunity
#11 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 5:12:17 PM

anika66 wrote:
Impunity wrote:
@bwenyenye, ROR...

@Troubled Lady, I was not insunating that those ladies be mounted for disciplinary purposes, but I was imagining how a man would feel to have mounted the tough beatifull lady-lawyers.
I havent met those type of men in my local pub!
Sorry if I injured your old wound.Pray

Ms Mkenya
#12 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 5:32:30 PM

@Impunity, some of your comments are just distasteful and disrespectful of women. Your mum & sisters are women too.

Its become tiring hearing these kind of comments from you & other like minded Wazuans. Like in this case, the issue was the gender balance on the nominees. Where does the mounting come in?

Please learn what to say and what to keep as unsaid. At least for the sake of respect for us of the fairer sex.

I believe the ladies have not shown disrespect for you (& your species) on this forum (Unless i missed something), please also show us the same respect. That is not too much to ask is it?
....above all, to stand.
Impunity
#13 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 5:52:59 PM

Ms Mkenya wrote:
@Impunity, some of your comments are just distasteful and disrespectful of women. Your mum & sisters are women too.

Its become tiring hearing these kind of comments from you & other like minded Wazuans. Like in this case, the issue was the gender balance on the nominees. Where does the mounting come in?

Please learn what to say and what to keep as unsaid. At least for the sake of respect for us of the fairer sex.

I believe the ladies have not shown disrespect for you (& your species) on this forum (Unless i missed something), please also show us the same respect. That is not too much to ask is it?

@Ms Kenya, I pologise and withdraw the "mounting" part of my statement with due respect to dear ladies of wazua.
All in all I hope my point is taken home,only that I must have lacked the proper way of expressing my sentiments about the other learned women.
Pray

Magigi
#14 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 6:07:53 PM

anika66 wrote:
Impunity wrote:
@bwenyenye, ROR...

...Mhhhhhhhhhh... So you left him instead of eduacating him. I guess @Impunity just wants to have a variety, not that he is scared of them. And who knows since most men are running away from FIDA women, then you could as well have saved a sould. Please provide contact details to Impunity for some of these FIDA ladies!!!
Impunity
#15 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 6:21:57 PM

Magigi wrote:
anika66 wrote:
Impunity wrote:
@bwenyenye, ROR...

...Mhhhhhhhhhh... So you left him instead of eduacating him. I guess @Impunity just wants to have a variety, not that he is scared of them. And who knows since most men are running away from FIDA women, then you could as well have saved a sould. Please provide contact details to Impunity for some of these FIDA ladies!!!

Pray Pray Pray

Wa_ithaka
#16 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 6:32:48 PM

Looks like he who was looking to mount, has been mounted.
Impunity pitia k-street unyonywe.
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
Impunity
#17 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 6:46:36 PM

Wa_ithaka wrote:
Looks like he who was looking to mount, has been mounted.
Impunity pitia k-street unyonywe.

mukiha
#18 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 7:54:04 PM

FROM THE CONSTITUTION:

"Supreme Court
163. (1) There is established the Supreme Court, which shall consists of—
(a) the Chief Justice, who shall be the president of the court;
(b) the Deputy Chief Justice, who shall—
(i) deputise for the Chief Justice; and
(ii) be the vice-president of the court; and
(c) five other judges.
(2) The Supreme Court shall be properly constituted for the purposes of its proceedings if it is composed of five judges."

Where does it say 1/3 must be women?
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
For Sport
#19 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 8:20:02 PM

mukiha wrote:
FROM THE CONSTITUTION:

"Supreme Court
163. (1) There is established the Supreme Court, which shall consists of—
(a) the Chief Justice, who shall be the president of the court;
(b) the Deputy Chief Justice, who shall—
(i) deputise for the Chief Justice; and
(ii) be the vice-president of the court; and
(c) five other judges.
(2) The Supreme Court shall be properly constituted for the purposes of its proceedings if it is composed of five judges."

Where does it say 1/3 must be women?

Article 27(8) of the Constitution
B.Timer
#20 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 10:10:19 PM

Quote:

On their being given 1/3 of the seats by the JSC from the news it seems that among other things they are using Article 27 (8) of the Constitution which provides that:

Quote:
8) In addition to the measures contemplated in clause (6), the State shall take legislative and other measures to implement the principle that not more than two-thirds of the members of elective or appointive bodies shall be of the same gender.

If that Article is applicable then the question should be whether 5 out of 7 is more than two-thirds and not if you can get an exact number for a third from 7.
[/quote]

And one then wonders how the resident connoisseur Abdinasir could have missed that!
Dunia ni msongamano..