wazua Thu, May 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
transCentury selling its shares OTC
Wendz
#41 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 6:48:00 AM

Anyone with an idea where they are putting the money they want to raise? Someone told me that he got info from reliable sources that they intend to 'upgrade' RVR. Any truth in this?

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

stonemimi
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2009 8:51:00 AM

@maina

Not really. The 'yes' are also directors,not the ones that are selling. The company is actually issuing new shares through private placement. at the same time,directors are offering opportunity to shareholders (mostly,the minority holders) to exit through the OTC window. TCL,atleast to my knowledge has 20 sharehlders. The 10 top holders own 62% of the company. If this is an opportunity for some of the top holders to exit is not clear. As indicated below,the company wanted to raise shs 3.2 b last yaer through private placement. I am not sure if that venture succeeded. Someone indicated in this dicussion that they raised shs 100m.
mukiha
#43 Posted : Friday, October 02, 2009 8:17:00 AM

@KulaRaha;

The moved into EAC,made it more profitable...price jumped to the sky.....then it dropped [after split]....they are still in the company

Surely,that is not pumping and dumping...

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
KulaRaha
#44 Posted : Friday, October 02, 2009 8:49:00 AM

Mukiha

Prob all the shares they own in EAC are sitting with banks as collateral.

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
JWK
#45 Posted : Sunday, October 04, 2009 11:50:00 AM

@Kularaha,I appreciate your contribution however in regard to TLC doing nothing between 1997 to 2002,it obvious. Who other than Kabarak enterpises did? 2007 was a very good year for many I believe and the succeeding one a bad one for obvious reasons.

Does anyone know if TLC gambled in foreign markets and to what extent?
Cheers!
mukiha
#46 Posted : Monday, October 05, 2009 4:41:00 AM

@KulaRaha;

Interesting: How could they pump and dump a counter where,as you put it,' all the shares they own in EAC are sitting with banks as collateral'

I am beginning to doubt everything you write on this topic.

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
KulaRaha
#47 Posted : Monday, October 05, 2009 6:40:00 AM

Mukiha

Pumping up the price of shares you own does not mean you have to sell them. This can also be done to increase the value of collateral thus allowing you to borrow more. Duh!

Mainat
#48 Posted : Monday, October 05, 2009 6:55:00 AM

As per the 2007 cash flow statement,TC's debt was very manageable. I maintain we need to see the 2008 accounts to conclude if they have a cashflow issue

www.mjengakenya.blogspot.com
Sehemu ndio nyumba
stonemimi
#49 Posted : Monday, October 05, 2009 8:09:00 AM

@mainaT

TC's year ends on 31st Dec. Why doy you think the 2008 results are not yet released. What do you think of a company aiming at listing,and taking this long to release their results? Could they be cooking the figures so as to appear good.
KulaRaha
#50 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2009 6:18:24 AM

So, anyone with their results for 2008? How have they treated their investment in RVR?? Write off like Centum or still pretending it will bring a return (in our lifetime)??
Mainat
#51 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2009 7:42:18 AM

Kula***, note TC has now pulled out of trying to raise cash and won't even list next yr.
Sehemu ndio nyumba
BGL
#52 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 9:45:40 PM

http://www.dyerandblair....5&cntnt01returnid=99
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
slykat
#53 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 2:32:44 AM

I ignored the TCL "onyango twende choo" because of a gut feeling that this is a bit from the Merali-script; too much hype until he exits then kaboom! Empty shell. But where is the profit and growth gonna come from? An industry dominated by cheaper Chinese imports?

In fact at the moment I still cannot understand how their profits grow in leaps and bounds when the subsidiaries are not making money? And how many years are left on the RVR concession? Anyone here analyzed subs and holding to see if the profitability growth adds up please?

Ai, a-a. Nanunuka kama curry-merali speshal ;)

P.S:
Please please don't insult Equity by comparing it to TCL. Equity was/is in a profitable growth sector, and has grown profits consistently since the 80's.
erifloss
#54 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 9:29:16 AM

@Slykat, with you on this:
1. A pe of over 30.
2. If they are as big as they say they are, why are they listing on AIMS. Meaning that even on the OTC they could not get the number of shareholders required and thus demand was not that high.
3. IPO by way of introduction, reads guys cashing out.
4. List of the directors and majority shareholders point towards cashing out coz of political uncertainty in 2012.
My gut feeling, i don't trust these guys completely. Lead transaction advisors D&B owned by one of its proprietors. They use a couple of foreign educated guys to show how this company is on the growth path. Speculators might make money on this but as an investment wachana nayo.
'They say money cannot buy me happiness but when i compare when i had none and now, i'm happier' Kevin O'leary
BAHALI YAKE
#55 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 9:58:56 AM

according to yesterdays buisness daily the c.eo said they plan to launch in the alternative market segment due to the fact it is less strenous as compared to active counter they also indicate they would close their books by next week to allow cdsc to do its work b4 listing my question is that they should by now have their 2010 results out and audited i think they are hiding smthng the ipo may be worse than eveready by the events of things.