wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
NTV news: 2 cabinet ministers wanted in UK
MaichBlack
#21 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:11:51 PM

bwenyenye wrote:
@Maich,

I would not put too much faith in the CJ. You could be surpised how power corrupts! I have 2002 fresh in my mind when most of the guys were saints and reformers per excellence, then they got into power, or is it the other way around?

In 2004, Willy Mutunga turned down an appointed by President Kibaki to the Council of Jomo Kenyatta University (JKUAT), saying that he was not consulted before the appointment and lacked the right qualifications for the position. For that he earned my respect and I will not cluster him with the Kiraitus of this world unless he proves me wrong.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Lolest!
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:31:11 PM

Ndio wengine wanasema 'afadhali siku za Moi'Shame on you
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
MaichBlack
#23 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:41:18 PM

If we could get all the money out there back to Kenya and invest it in roads, hospitals, schools and other infrastructural developments, Kenya would be a totally different country. But we have to sort out our institutions first otherwise there will be some kiraitus waiting for the money - getting money from one corrupt pocket to another.

I know how simplistic this view is [purposely] but just think about it.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
KenyanLyrics
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 12:15:02 AM

@Maichblack that is a view I endorse as well. I don't think corruption would have such adverse effects if people didn't expatriate the money. As long as the stolen money found a way of trickling back into the economy, we would not have hyperinflation like there was in Moi/Kenyatta days.

However, when you steal money from Kenya and go spend it in the West, that is the worst disruption of a country's economy you can do. My friends tell me the children of Kenyatta and his cronies live like movie stars in London. Supercars, penthouses and renting out clubs is the order of the day. Children of Moi's cronies wanajienjoy huko California in The Hamptons, Palo Alto, Beverley Hills na kadhalika. ABK!
simonkabz
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:12:40 AM

bwenyenye wrote:
Someone quite influential once told me that the way of doing business in Kenya is changing fast.... the days of deal making and brokerage are long gone. You are either in business or employment period. The guys of old money are in serious trouble coz they do not have any knowledge of doing business other than 'I know so and so and he will give me a contract to supply tissue for the entire ministry for 18 years and pay me upfront then I vanish...' hiyo maneno illiisha... There is a new law that has gone through the 2nd reading in parliament, ( you can see the standard pg 12) about directors bringing down companies or fleecing people in the name of companies. That law, together with the one on consumer protection where if you sell me a sub standard thing, then you must give me my money back' will change Kenya seriously.
Sad part is that my business anchor has not tapped into this news but was busy yapping about 'blackberry addiction' or something like that.

Bang on brother. Outright corruption and "eating live live" is maily old sch. Nowadays its too hard to eat especially ALONE. ALONE is the key word. Key word coz hakuna siri ya watu wawi--wawili. What this means is that the lil' secret is held by many n chances of leakage hence high. With this in mind, there's real fear! Siku hizi watu wanakula kidogo kidogo kama 50m max, which is shared n at a much higher cost: great risk of exposure. Me loves this.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!