Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
NTV news: 2 cabinet ministers wanted in UK
PONDI
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:07:41 PM

ni kubaya
kyt
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:14:32 PM

Hey rich man by culture is my dedication to them.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
Impunity
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 12:23:09 AM

UK and who else?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

gmg
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:05:50 AM

I dont thinkUK is in the list? remember the wikileak cables said UK is very rich and is not interested in corrupt activities? or ODM ministers who are very greedy
PONDI
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:18:56 AM

i think they must be carry-overs from nyayo era. I think the bankers and lawyers who were sorting out gichuru and okemo are spilling the beans. now all those with funds out there will try to bring it all back.. so expect even higher property prices
Robinhood
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:55:43 AM

Every other day something happens to tighten the noose on corrupt fellows. First a 'kichwa ngumu' fellow is selected as CJ, meaning they cannot tell him hat to do, then they find out that PLO has been quietly working with international 'safe havens' where they stash money. And now the UK wants two ministers. Someone once said that a minister's job will be the riskiest job in Kenya. I concur.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
simonkabz
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:57:04 AM

Hehehe cookies crumbling...heads rolling...
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
KulaRaha
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:04:44 AM

No one will get arrested...if you steal 900M, you have enough to bribe all the guys in power, they are cheap!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
mnjoro
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:33:03 AM

Finally someone is not sleeping after all.These guys need some lesson but very shameful they are being summoned while they should be busy marrying off their daughters.
McReggae
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:34:40 AM

....so who are they???
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Robinhood
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:44:56 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
No one will get arrested...if you steal 900M, you have enough to bribe all the guys in power, they are cheap!

@Raha, you can bribe the local guys, but the fellows at places like the Jersey may present a problem.

I so like the way ghosts of the past are resurrecting to haunt people. I wish someone could sniff out the grand regency stash and all other stashes of cash hidden by these crooks.
KulaRaha
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:56:41 AM

Robinhood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

@Raha, you can bribe the local guys, but the fellows at places like the Jersey may present a problem.

I so like the way ghosts of the past are resurrecting to haunt people. I wish someone could sniff out the grand regency stash and all other stashes of cash hidden by these crooks.

As long as you keep bribing the local guys, you will never be sent to Jersey, some bullcrap excuse or another will be invented for you.

Just watch, this Okemo and Gichuru, no one will end up in Jersey...you will see them in Village Market and Haandi enjoying life!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Robinhood
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:04:12 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

As long as you keep bribing the local guys, you will never be sent to Jersey, some bullcrap excuse or another will be invented for you.

Just watch, this Okemo and Gichuru, no one will end up in Jersey...you will see them in Village Market and Haandi enjoying life!

The problem is that Kenya is also changing. The pliant fellows are leaving and we are beginning to see a trend where people with some integrity (PLO, Mutunga) taking over key offices. If this trend continues, I bet even the bribery will haver its limits.
Impunity
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:31:05 AM

McReggae wrote:
....so who are they???

Me still thinks it gonna be UK (the computer error era fame) and one ODM.Mpig.
d'oh!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

xyzee
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:48:52 AM

I like the way things are unfolding. it sends a clear message to anyone hoping to rip off kenyans then keeping the loot securely in some foreign account.
bwenyenye
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:08:59 PM

Someone quite influential once told me that the way of doing business in Kenya is changing fast.... the days of deal making and brokerage are long gone. You are either in business or employment period. The guys of old money are in serious trouble coz they do not have any knowledge of doing business other than 'I know so and so and he will give me a contract to supply tissue for the entire ministry for 18 years and pay me upfront then I vanish...' hiyo maneno illiisha... There is a new law that has gone through the 2nd reading in parliament, ( you can see the standard pg 12) about directors bringing down companies or fleecing people in the name of companies. That law, together with the one on consumer protection where if you sell me a sub standard thing, then you must give me my money back' will change Kenya seriously.
Sad part is that my business anchor has not tapped into this news but was busy yapping about 'blackberry addiction' or something like that.
I Think Therefore I Am
MaichBlack
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:47:29 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Robinhood wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

They can forget the money in Jersey until they are cleared of any wrong doing. Foreign governments will not hesitate to freeze ill gotten wealth especially if some of their country's laws were broken. If PLO is given more teeth, he will also freeze their funds in Kenya. With Mutunga as the CJ no one will use our courts to pull off some monkey business. With assets frozen, the corrupt will be fighting with their hands tied at the back.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Wa_ithaka
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:54:26 PM

Did it specify that its a minister? Yani, is there likelihood its Ruto?
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
bwenyenye
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:56:32 PM

@Maich,

I would not put too much faith in the CJ. You could be surpised how power corrupts! I have 2002 fresh in my mind when most of the guys were saints and reformers per excellence, then they got into power, or is it the other way around?
I Think Therefore I Am
Euge
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:02:46 PM

bwenyenye wrote:
@Maich,

I would not put too much faith in the CJ. You could be surpised how power corrupts! I have 2002 fresh in my mind when most of the guys were saints and reformers per excellence, then they got into power, or is it the other way around?

Keeraituu Murungy comes to mind. Even his manner of laughing changed.
Lord, thank you!