wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Raila Odinga Announces Postponement of ODM Party Grassroots Elections
lekutoi
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:48:12 PM

Raila Odinga has exercised his powers as party leader of ODM by announcing that the Grassroots elections have been postponed.

Was there really need to do this? How come elections are always being postponed?
gathinga
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:51:36 PM

Is it because of Ikolomani. Orengo was very exuberant YESTERDAY about using the elections to kick out rebels. I still think the earlier RAO deals with he rebellion, the better for ODM
kingfisher
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:57:07 PM

too much dust raised yesterday in ikolomani, a supposed home tuff. he has to wait for it to settle.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
PONDI
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:28:10 PM

.. divert attention..
Robinhood
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:47:29 PM

I saw James Orengo vowing to throw out all who differed from the party's (read RO's) position and I couldn't help wondering what has happened to this erstwhile reformer. He is now so intolerant!! Something had to happen to bring people back to reality. And the reality is that ODM reached its zenith a while back and the only way now is down. Elections would just have split the party and weakened it further

Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
Kaigangio
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:43:17 PM

ODM has been hit squarely on the balls in ikolomani and therefore the grassroots election would not be properly manipulated....

...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
nostoppingthis
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:52:22 PM

lekutoi wrote:
Raila Odinga has exercised his powers as party leader of ODM by announcing that the Grassroots elections have been postponed.

Was there really need to do this? How come elections are always being postponed?

He'd prefer PNU to do there grassroot elections first.....either party is waiting for the other so that they cash in on people who kosana during the exercise. ODM was beaten squarely in Ikolomani, but PNU should not take any credit there...they had no candidate
B.Timer
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:10:27 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
lekutoi wrote:

He'd prefer PNU to do there grassroot elections first.....either party is waiting for the other so that they cash in on people who kosana during the exercise. ODM was beaten squarely in Ikolomani, but PNU should not take any credit there...they had no candidate

The postponements are becoming ridiculous.
PNU should NOT claim credit, and they haven't!
Dunia ni msongamano..
nostoppingthis
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:15:36 AM

When is the deadline to do grassroot elections? ODM has taken the policy of setting their house in order mapema before the elections, but it seems it is not working for them...Has PNU set dates for theirs?
nancybaraza
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:58:56 AM

They are postponing because they know this will bring further splits in the party.
niclasclause
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:47:51 AM

Yeah right....... exercised powers? It's more like DICTATED.