wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Why this Wastefulness in our military?
Magigi
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:41:04 AM

For the last one week while passing through Nyayo stadium, I have been seeing soldiers practising for Madaraka day. I have issues with this
1. These are soldiers who have been doing this since 1963. The only significant activity they have been engaged in their career is a match past during public celebrations. Now, are these soldiers so daft that they can’t remember how to match in a field they have used for so many years to do the same event. I was in NYS many many years back and I still know how to match while holding a shovel!!!. Two days are enough for a rehearsal.
2. What military might will they be showcasing when our citizens living near Ethiopia and Somali borders spent sleepless night because of our neighbour’s aggression. Migigo is gone, Ogingo is going and we sit here doing nothing. Our government displayed its stupidity when Besigye was stopped from flying back home because Museveni had said. How can we be “ arse screwed” like that.
3. Why can’t the money the soldiers are spending for all these days be given to Charity Ngilu so that she can get her relatives to sink more boreholes in Ukambani or develop an IDP city?
4. ABK!!!
kingfisher
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:50:02 AM

i like point number 3. the rest we have been saying here every now and then but no-one listens. maybe we enlist the bull-man to rant on our behave during his second "maiden" speech in this august house.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
For Sport
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:59:20 AM

what's the average work day for a military person like?
(just to get an idea what we're paying for)
the sage
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:02:44 PM

It is not only in Kenya.
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

PONDI
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:12:34 PM

.. well they create employment .. by emptying AFCO beer stocks...
B.Timer
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:06:46 PM

kingfisher wrote:
i like point number 3. the rest we have been saying here every now and then but no-one listens. maybe we enlist the bull-man to rant on our behave during his second "maiden" speech in this august house.

Guess you are only being diplomatic, otherwise...
Dunia ni msongamano..