wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Kamukunji By election Halted by High court.
selah
#1 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 10:36:39 AM

The election slated for Monday just got more interesting.

http://www.nation.co.ke/...74/-/7s46hf/-/index.html
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Gordon Gekko
#2 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 11:32:10 AM

I think someone has just failed the interview for High Court Judge.
nostoppingthis
#3 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 12:29:20 PM

It was going to be a landslide victory..
TAZ
#4 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 12:33:39 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
It was going to be a landslide victory..

That's what everyone thought in Makadara, don't be fooled by what you see on TV......siasa za Nairobi ni ngumu sana.
Lolest!
#5 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 12:33:43 PM

Is Kamukunji cursed? They started without an MP in 2008 until the court declared Mbugua MP
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
innairobi
#6 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 12:34:33 PM

Katiba mpya. Msiba wa kujitakia.

That judge was a messiah just the other day for making some popular rulings. I do not read anything sinister in his action.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
Burning Spear
#7 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 1:05:09 PM

let kamukunji wait till 2012 to save on cost !!
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
xyzee
#8 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 2:02:23 PM

"Paul Waweru Mwangi, who had intended to vie on a National Vision Party ticket."

Did the guy really think he could win?
kingfisher
#9 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 2:56:23 PM

xyzee wrote:
"Paul Waweru Mwangi, who had intended to vie on a National Vision Party ticket."

Did the guy really think he could win?

It is not about him winning, it is about his RIGHTS to contest as a kenya citizen and a voter in kamukunji. the rest comes second. and he has argued that he was denied that right by the IIEC returning officer. the judge is right on this.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Apple Bees
#10 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 2:59:35 PM

Now Johnny will have to wait a little bit longer to be the next MP for Kamukunji, for NOTHING will stop him and ODM
kingfisher
#11 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 3:08:11 PM

C&P from http://www.nation.co.ke/...4/-/7s46hf/-/index.html

In a swift rejoinder, ODM expressed "shock and disbelief at the last minute decision by the High Court to stop the highly anticipated Kamukunji By-election".

An emailed statement from the party's Executive Director Janet Ong’era claimed the court was being used to rob it of victory.

"The court again has been used to rob ODM of resounding victory. It is a fact that the ruling has come at a time when our candidate Mr Ibrahim Ahmed was geared for victory in next week’s Monday by-election," she said.

"It is apparent that the people of Kamukunji have been robbed of their right to determine their next Member of Parliament democratically.

"It is high time Kenyans fought impunity at all costs including state sponsored impunity that is perpetuated by our Courts."

end of C&P

Question:- cant this lady (pls i have not said ODM) see that this is a true victory for the new katiba? the common mwananchi has his/her rights protected by the our courts at last!!
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
selah
#12 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 3:26:51 PM

kingfisher wrote:

In a swift rejoinder, ODM expressed "shock and disbelief at the last minute decision by the High Court to stop the highly anticipated Kamukunji By-election".

An emailed statement from the party's Executive Director Janet Ong’era claimed the court was being used to rob it of victory.

"The court again has been used to rob ODM of resounding victory. It is a fact that the ruling has come at a time when our candidate Mr Ibrahim Ahmed was geared for victory in next week’s Monday by-election," she said.

"It is apparent that the people of Kamukunji have been robbed of their right to determine their next Member of Parliament democratically.

"It is high time Kenyans fought impunity at all costs including state sponsored impunity that is perpetuated by our Courts."

end of C&P

Question:- cant this lady (pls i have not said ODM) see that this is a true victory for the new katiba? the common mwananchi has his/her rights protected by the our courts at last!!

I think ODM here has not seen the basis for the stoppage, obviously the blame should be labeled against IIEC not the courts.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Burning Spear
#13 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 4:32:09 PM

kingfisher wrote:

end of C&P

Only God will change such people but not us in earth.Their thinking is so selfish and militant and reason why kenyans slaughtered one another coz of such talk based on lies,inuedos...NKTest to ODM which is hell bent..
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
TAZ
#14 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 4:32:34 PM

What makes ODM think that this Johnny guy was going to win??? He has been campaigning kila siku mpaka usiku kabisa, i doubt if the guy has slept for the past one month. What possible does PNU stand to gain by halting the elections??? This is the kind of talk that started just before elections results za 2007 zitoke.
Ms Mkenya
#15 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 5:01:59 PM

I think Kamukunji should just have a DC (Or whatever they are being called now) appointed by the government till next polls..
....above all, to stand.
B.Timer
#16 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 9:15:01 PM

Is ODM trying to intimidate Judges.

Is ODM for greater good for Kenya really!
Dunia ni msongamano..
Apple Bees
#17 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 9:21:18 PM

It doesn't matter how long it takes, but ODM will bag 2 parliamentary seats previously held by other parties: Ikolomani (from New Ford Kenya) and Kamukunji (from PNU)
Katibampya
#18 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 12:37:41 PM

Which one comes first? an individual's right or public interest.i think conducting the election would have been for the greater public interest.
simonkabz
#19 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 12:37:50 PM

Unwarranted overconfidence; overated dominance; militant attitude...Ati ODM has been denied victory? How I hate this shiet....Same shiet that led to the slaughter of 1300. When will these guys know we hate them for the chestthumping n superiority complex? Cant they adopt a more conciliatory tone victory or no victory? f*** ODM kabisa. f*** it. f*** off crybabies. This is one grp I'd gladly watch humiliated, tuone kama watapata akili n spare Kenyans the incessant bullcrap.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Katibampya
#20 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 12:49:04 PM

@thimioni--ni hangover ya jana ama ni bangi ya kaburi unatumia! you look worse than ODM.