wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Budget 2012: Politics and Social Media
niclasclause
#1 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 10:47:21 AM

It was good enough that our leaders, among them Martha and Kenneth, had followed trends in the developed world and taken an interest in creating a presence in the social media world but that which is happening now can only be called revolutionary.

The Minister for Finance just launched an online form where Kenyans can give their views concerning what they want the budget to focus on. Talk about having a 'wananchi' made budget.

The form is really detailed and if the Minister uses the input of Kenyans, I'm sure most of the issues affecting us will be addressed. This is what we need the whole of government to do.

You can check out and fill the form here https://spreadsheets0.go...UG1DNGxvaWkwc2c6MQ#gid=0
For Sport
#2 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 12:37:37 PM

Santa Clause
Good one. Do we get to see our compiled views or is it one of those initiatives where the site is used as the basis for saying "wananchi have said" without any insight as to how the information / views were collated?
bensmwangi
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:40:03 PM

For Sport wrote:
Santa Clause
Good one. Do we get to see our compiled views or is it one of those initiatives where the site is used as the basis for saying "wananchi have said" without any insight as to how the information / views were collated?

I think the way they should go about it is to tell us what guys have said and what they have actually included in the budget.

I also don't think they will include everything we have told them but we will have to wait and see.

Budget is not far lets see what they will do.

Nice piece niclas.
Jus Blazin
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:57:02 PM

I believe, even if they dont take in much of what we say, it's a good initiative. Who knows what will be happening 5 years down the line. Good stuff.Nimejaza form.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
samsonobure
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:26:41 PM

Call Uhuru whatever you like but if this was a kingdom I would pledge my allegiance to him and this not because of a tribal motive but purely on economics.

If you haven't noticed, Uhuru is the leader we have been looking for and this for one simple reason - whatever he does, the other presidential candidates are copying.

If someone like Raila is copying what Uhuru is doing then this is a sign that whether we love him or hate him, he is doing what the others can only dream of emulating.

Is there need to speak without evidence? There is none and I wouldn't have it any other way.

First Uhuru reduces fuel prices to the extent that he is allowed by parliament and then Raila on arrival back from serving the foreigners who elected him in Europe and the US comes and does the exact same thing.

He blindsides us that he is the one who has done something for Kenyans but he has only copied Uhurus earlier move.

Next Uhuru asks Kenyans to contribute their Ideas toward the budget making process as you can see here http://on.fb.me/gijlki and lo and behold, Raila is now asking guys about how to help improve the economy on his face book page which you can find here http://on.fb.me/ka2Fqa. Read here what a media article says about this http://bit.ly/iQdMXi

Look also at this http://bit.ly/l6Wzjq. The outright king of social media is Uhuru as you can see and that is why the others are trying to copy him.

His track record at Treasury speaks for itself. His implementation of IFMIS has ensured that once the system is up and running in all government departments corruption will be retired to the books of history.

ESP is also an economic milestone since it has brought great development to places where it has been implemented.
digitek1
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:00:58 PM

hmmm @samson obure.....hmmmm is it just me or...
I may be wrong..but then I could be right
samsonobure
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:05:48 PM

digitek1 wrote:
hmmm @samson obure.....hmmmm is it just me or...

hmmm @digi tek1.....hmmmm it could be the both of us or... lets chat on facebook look for me samsonobure@yahoo.com and we will continue our hmmmm.....