wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kamukunji By-Elections
TAZ
#1 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 9:05:20 AM

I'm really not that keen on politics at the moment but i couldn't help noticing the qualifications of the PNU Aspirant....This guy deserves more than just an MP

"Since 2007, he has been working as the East African Regional Communications Manager for the UNHCR, based in Nairobi. He resigned on April 1 to start campaign for the Kamukunji seat on request by the Somali business community in Eastleigh to stand. From 2006 to September 2007, Yusuf worked as the Director of the UN's humanitarian news agency IRIN in Nairobi. From 2002 to 2006, Yusuf was the Senior Policy Adviser at the UN Headquarters in New York, advising the Secretary General on refugees' issues.

He was initially responsible for South West Asia and the Middle East, with a special focus on Iraq and Afghanistan, and later the Horn of Africa (Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia and Sudan) and the Great Lakes region (Burundi and the DRC).

From 2001 to 2002, he was the lead UN spokesperson in Kabul, Afghanistan, tasked with articulating the growing humanitarian crisis and the efforts of the UN agencies.

He was the UN refugee agency's head of external and media relations in South West and Central Asia in Islamabad, covering Afghanistan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan from 1999 -2001.

Yusuf has also worked for UNHCR in Southern Africa, including Angola, Mozambique, South Africa and Zimbabwe, and in East Timor. Prior to joining UNHCR, Yusuf was a broadcaster and journalist covering Africa and the Middle East.

For more than a decade, as the BBC World Service's broadcaster and editor, and later the editor of the monthly African magazine Africa Events, he reported on all major developments in Africa.

He covered the crisis in Somalia, the civil wars in Angola, Burundi, DRC, Congo, Ethiopia/Eritrea, Liberia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, and Uganda.

In 1990 he led the technical team responsible for the transformation of the state-operated Namibian National Radio and Television from an Apartheid mouth-piece into a national public broadcaster.

He served as the Namibian Broadcasting Corporation's first director of operations and helped draft both the newly independent nation's information policy paper and the new communications bill.

In 2007, he joined politics vying for the Kamkunji seat on an ODM ticket. His supporters say that he won the nomination but the ODM top brass reversed the choice in favour of his rival Johnny at the request of Muslim leaders."
PONDI
#2 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 9:53:58 AM

dude has a good CV no doubt. does it mean he will make a good MP? only time will tell. many current MP's have magnificent CV's lakini wakiingia august house, sijui what happens to them. ask one joe khamisi.
innairobi
#3 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 10:31:33 AM

If the ODM man Johnnie loses, there will be just one thing to blame - his beard Laughing out loudly . Kuna wamama wanona tu Al-Shabaab when they see the huge uncut beard.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
Impunity
#4 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 11:39:39 AM

PONDI wrote:
dude has a good CV no doubt. does it mean he will make a good MP? only time will tell. many current MP's have magnificent CV's lakini wakiingia august house, sijui what happens to them. ask one joe khamisi.

Wakiingia huko August house ina badilika inakuwa September house!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

QD
#5 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 2:16:57 PM

Was imprest that even jonny has masters. They may go toe to toe in the election.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Robinhood
#6 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 2:33:29 PM

The only thing I am happy about is that the midget Mbugua will not vie. I celebrated when I heard this.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
mukiha
#7 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 2:43:54 PM

Robinhood wrote:
The only thing I am happy about is that the midget Mbugua will not vie. I celebrated when I heard this.

AMEN!
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
mukiha
#8 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 2:53:21 PM

PONDI wrote:

A few years ago, Njenga Karume was at a funeral in Juja and while the ceremony was going on, the area MP Bill Kabogo whizzed overhead several time in his chopper.

This irritated Karume and he quipped: "Ninini insumbua huyu kijana? Hii ndiyo shida ya vjana. Wanaenda bunge wanapewa pesa kidogo wanadhani wametajirika." [What's troubling this young man? This is the problem with the youth: they go to parliament and get a little money and they think they are now rich]

Now there is you answer....
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
MaichBlack
#9 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 4:19:53 PM

mukiha wrote:
PONDI wrote:

A few years ago, Njenga Karume was at a funeral in Juja and while the ceremony was going on, the area MP Bill Kabogo whizzed overhead several time in his chopper.

This irritated Karume and he quipped: "Ninini insumbua huyu kijana? Hii ndiyo shida ya vjana. Wanaenda bunge wanapewa pesa kidogo wanadhani wametajirika." [What's troubling this young man? This is the problem with the youth: they go to parliament and get a little money and they think they are now rich]

Now there is you answer....

This Kabogo guy is a juvenile delinquent. He did the same thing against George Thuo. Thuo and friends were having a meal outside his house. While flying above the residence, Kabogo noticed the gathering, turned back and flying as low as he could get flew round a couple of times and messed all the food and guest with dust. That was around 2007 - I think.

How juvenile can you get?
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Sober
#10 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 4:31:19 PM

i am told that the ODM leader will be there next week to drum up support for his candidate. will they be able to snatch away this seat? ama we will see again a smaller party not in the coalition add up the numbers needed.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'