wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
why are they chasing gadaffi if this is true
Lolest!
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:45:19 PM

famooz wrote:

these chants about democracy are exaggerated-Libya is not like N. Korea or even Burma......

I see your point. They cannot attack Pyongyang!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
kyt
#22 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:26:35 PM

haiyaa wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:
haiyaa wrote:
Hard to believe........Does anyone know better ? Interesting indeed but could this be true? How come then the easterners (those from Benghazi and other towns) are damn anti Gaddafi?

Some other facts (that mainstream media will never tell you) about this "terrible dictator and blood sucking monster" Gaddafi who "terrorizes" his own people and Libya:

- Credits to Libyan citizens were given with NO interest.

- Students would get paid the average salary for the profession they are studying for.

- If you'd be unable to get the employment the state would pay the full salary as if you were employed.

- When you got married the couple got an apartment or house for free.

- You could go to college anywhere in the world. The state paid 2,500 euros plus for accommodation and a car.

- The cars were sold at factory cost.

- Libya does not owe money, (not a cent) to anyone. No credits.

- Free education and health care.

- 25% of population with a university degree.

- No beggers on the streets and no homeless (until this bombing).

- Bread costs $0.15.

Si they give us Gadaffi under the same terms and condition and I will vote him president even posthumously with one added condition that we shall export all our MPigs (including the PM and Prezzo) to Libya?

Good list. But you forgot freedom of speech, freedom of association, press freedom, human rights etc., etc., etc.

In Kenya we have the latter but I do not think we can exchange for anything

In kenya our freedom of speech has been to say 'serikali ingilie kati itusaidie' Now that Gaddafi has already ingiliad kati for Libyan what else would we need to say if all the above had been done by the Governemnt?

I would comfortably live without the Kenyan version for freedom , if my governement provided for me what Gadaffi has been giving to his people

@ haiyaa, we haujui kile unaongea, i wish uende uko 4 one month, 1 month utarudi kenya useme "kenya is heaven" there is more to living than just free things. Whats the point if u cant be free in thought? BK!
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
KenyanLyrics
#23 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:27:57 AM

@Kyt you are underestimating the importance of economic development in a third world country. Poverty is mentally destabilising. To free people mentally, you must have a leader who drags them out of poverty. People like Gaddafi are exactly what Africa needs. This democracy stuff does not work with poor countries
poundfoolish
#24 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:48:51 AM

When you are well fed and housed and clothed and all things paid up for you..what more can you demand for apart from more freedom...

freedom to payuka against authority, freedom to criticize, infact you demand freedom to fly like a bird...but at the governments cost.
thats why the American Owners know how to control their populace.. give them lots of freedom but still give them a few perculiar problems..own a hse, college is expensive,Obesity...

Subsahara Africa is a diff case..washana naye

"FREEDOM IS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE YOUR OWN CHAINS"
famooz
#25 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:03:25 AM

poundfoolish wrote:

freedom to payuka against authority, freedom to criticize, infact you demand freedom to fly like a bird...but at the governments cost.

Laughing out loudly
simonkabz
#26 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:07:00 AM

Hapa sisemi kitu.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
KulaRaha
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:13:32 AM

KenyanLyrics wrote:
@Kyt you are underestimating the importance of economic development in a third world country. Poverty is mentally destabilising. To free people mentally, you must have a leader who drags them out of poverty. People like Gaddafi are exactly what Africa needs. This democracy stuff does not work with poor countries

And this is why we have a continent of old idiotic dictators who only enrich themselves and the populace suffers.

This thinking is brainwashing from the same useless person you voted for and call your leader. He wants you to believe this so he can stay in power for 30+ years.

WAKE UP!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Lolest!
#28 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:31:58 AM

On another note, Obbo tells us that Gaddafi wears gloves while visiting African countries to avoid infection. He throws money and candy to kids so that they dont come close to his car and put his health at risk.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Obi 1 Kanobi
#29 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:58:08 PM

"Money does not buy happiness"
Libya happens to have a lot of oil wealth which makes life easy for its citizens, but this does not make the citizens happy with the government. I believe the beef most have with Gaddafi (sp)is that he has granted himself the sole right to distribute wealth which is not his, the rebels want the right to choose who will distribute the wealth.

Arguing that the citizens of Libya should not complain because of the goodies they have is akin to suggesting that the people of Rundas, Karens, Muthaigas etc should find no fault in the Kenya Govt coz they are well off.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
famooz
#30 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:59:31 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

Neither does freedom of expression on an empty stomach,illiteracy,lack of healthcare etc

My beef is more with this invasion that claims to want to bring democracy to libya.......i esp. find the idea of arming rebels ( well they said the money will buy comm. equipments) very disturbing.

Will be interesting to see how these people manage to 'install' democracy once Gaddafi is gone.The UN chief called for a political settlement,but who was listening?
KenyanLyrics
#31 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:01:16 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
KenyanLyrics wrote:

And this is why we have a continent of old idiotic dictators who only enrich themselves and the populace suffers.

This thinking is brainwashing from the same useless person you voted for and call your leader. He wants you to believe this so he can stay in power for 30+ years.

WAKE UP!

I have not got this reasoning from any Kenyan. I have got this reasoning from the examples of Asian countries who successfully dragged themselves out of poverty in the past century. We all know the story of the Asian Tigers. Can you name for me a country that has climbed out of third world poverty under democratic leadership?
Inuendo
#32 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:19:37 PM

@ kenyanlyrics, great observation...........Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Common sense is the most evenly distributed quantity in the world. Everyone thinks he has enough.
KulaRaha
#33 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:31:37 PM

Inuendo wrote:
@ kenyanlyrics, great observation...........Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Really? Let's look at Korea which is always compared to Kenya, one a success another a failure. Same GDP, population etc as at 1963. A true Asian tiger!

http://en.wikipedia.org/...esidents_of_South_Korea

I don't see one Kenyatta or Moi there......maybe I'm reading wrong........

15 presidents since 1963. We've had how many pulling us out of poverty? 3? Hilarious!!

Oh but now you'll say they had US support, which we did too during the cold war.....however our support was chewed by individuals.

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
MaichBlack
#34 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 12:35:38 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Libya happens to have a lot of oil wealth which makes life easy for its citizens, but this does not make the citizens happy with the government. I believe the beef most have with Gaddafi (sp)is that he has granted himself the sole right to distribute wealth which is not his, the rebels want the right to choose who will distribute the wealth.

Arguing that the citizens of Libya should not complain because of the goodies they have is akin to suggesting that the people of Rundas, Karens, Muthaigas etc should find no fault in the Kenya Govt coz they are well off.

Are you serious? Which other leader in the world distributes wealth DIRECTLY to the citizens? Gadaffi has done far much more for his people than leaders of the wealthiest of countries. Quote just one country and prove me wrong.

Happiness? Seriously!? It is your responsibility to 'create' your own happiness at the micro level. You want the president to sort out even your family issues? Libyans have/had everything apart from political space. Who needs political space whe the government has given you everything? For what? Maybe for 'kupayuka' as someone correctly put it.

Finally, and with all due respect, I find your analogy of Karen, Muthaiga residents etc. hillarious if not pedestrian. The honest ones got there DESPITE OF not BECAUSE OF the government. They could be more successful if the environment was better. So, hell yeah, they should complain.

When you get your BAT dividend cheque - enough for your kid's fees - do you care who's signature appears on it? Tafakari hayo.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#35 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 12:59:25 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

Are you serious? Which other leader in the world distributes wealth DIRECTLY to the citizens? Gadaffi has done far much more for his people than leaders of the wealthiest of countries. Quote just one country and prove me wrong.

Happiness? Seriously!? It is your responsibility to 'create' your own happiness at the micro level. You want the president to sort out even your family issues? Libyans have/had everything apart from political space. Who needs political space whe the government has given you everything? For what? Maybe for 'kupayuka' as someone correctly.

Finally, and with all due respect, I find your analogy of Karen, Muthaiga residents etc. hillarious if not pedestrian. The honest ones got there DESPITE OF not BECAUSE OF the government. They could be more successful if the environment was better. So, hell yeah, they should complain.

When you get your BAT dividend cheque - enough for your kid's fees - do you care who's signature appears on it? Tafakari hayo.

How about you try and explain the Libyan problem as it is now since you seem to have all the answers. And you are free to blane the west an America if you so wish.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Rahatupu
#36 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 4:10:15 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

Happiness? Seriously!? It is your responsibility to 'create' your own happiness at the micro level. You want the president to sort out even your family issues? Libyans have/had everything apart from political space. Who needs political space whe the government has given you everything? For what? Maybe for 'kupayuka' as someone correctly.

How about you try and explain the Libyan problem as it is now since you seem to have all the answers. And you are free to blane the west an America if you so wish.

@ObiShame on you Shame on you

The Benghazi "rebels" are hired goons for the US simple and clear.