wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

At last the PM comes to the rescue of Kenyans
freiks
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:50:05 PM

At last the normal mwnanchi will breath some hope when PM tables the bill to zero rate Kerosene
http://www.capitalfm.co....costs-coming-12562.html
I think this is the news many kenyans will be waiting to hear, but am wondering since UK consulted before the 30% drop from ministry of finance wouldnt it be better if the PM also consulted and thought of repurcussions of zero rating kerosene. I think he wants just to get the thunder from this and be seen to care more about the mwananchi
Life is an endless adventure
nostoppingthis
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:12:20 AM

@Freiks, me thinks, at least he he seen to care about the common mwananchi, while all this is happening, the guy at the top does not utter a word....only when it is to sing his praises, does he come out..
Lolest!
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:16:59 AM

RAILA JUU JUU ZAIDI
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
gohill
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:20:55 AM

At least he consulted extensively with his excellency. Me think it's a good short term measure.
gohill
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:22:18 AM

At least he consulted extensively with his excellency. Me think it's a good short term measure.
Fundaah
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:25:49 AM

freiks wrote:
At last the normal mwnanchi will breath some hope when PM tables the bill to zero rate Kerosene
I think this is the news many kenyans will be waiting to hear, but am wondering since UK consulted before the 30% drop from ministry of finance wouldnt it be better if the PM also consulted and thought of repurcussions of zero rating kerosene. I think he wants just to get the thunder from this and be seen to care more about the mwananchi

Unfair ... anyone doing good should be left to do good ...why the unneccessary critism yet this is good for 'mwananchi wa kawaida'? ......the price of 90.90 per litre was unfair and immoral for the no/low income earners ......

Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
poundfoolish
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:28:36 AM

may be he consulted his junior aka namesake..
The young man (entrepreneur) owns a Petroleum company...
He only needs to pick his phone and say
"Son, don't charge for any profits...just costs"
sihingwa
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:29:07 AM

freiks wrote:

That's what ANY politician would do...
innairobi
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:38:08 AM

I will tread cautiously on this one. I need to see (1)Implementation
and (2)Sustainability

Still recall how the recent drop dead bargain on maize flour for slum residents crashed before takeoff.

Now, speaking of maize.....import duty has been waived. LOL. Wacha niwachie hapo tu.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
famooz
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:57:07 AM

innairobi wrote:

Now, speaking of maize.....import duty has been waived. LOL. Wacha niwachie hapo tu.

I was thinking about the same thing Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly wacha niwachie hapo tuu pia!
simonkabz
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:04:19 AM

Could this thing leave Treasury in flames? And the maize farmer? Careful here.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
McReggae
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:08:10 AM

simonkabz wrote:

this question about the farmer has always been a difficult one, where does good prices for the farmer leave the consumers who are the majority, difficult balancing act, question should be why the produce from our farmers are always more expensive compared to imports!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Impunity
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:16:27 AM

People are takling about Kerosene and Diesel which apparently affects the "normal raia", what about us?Nobody is shouting "super,super,super"!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

For Sport
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:27:54 AM

McReggae wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

this question about the farmer has always been a difficult one, where does good prices for the farmer leave the consumers who are the majority, difficult balancing act, question should be why the produce from our farmers are always more expensive compared to imports!!!!

Yet when there's a maize shortfall, the same government resorts to nonsensical measures like preventing farmers from selling their maize elsewhere. Remember the year when maize exports were banned?

I doubt that imports are cheaper. The government is usually more willing to pay the foreign farmer more, than to increase the price of local produce. By the time that maize reaches the final consumer, its usually more expensive than what was locally produced.

http://www.tegemeo.org/Maize-pricing-2.asp
ecstacy
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:31:16 AM

After the predictable talk from the man, pls follow the action.

Pls note the man heads a bloated half of the Cabinet and has just come from a two week campaign oriented trip to the US and France billed on 'poor mwananchi'. In his last 'poor mwananchi' maize preposition, his own family was involved in fleecing 'poor mwananchi'.

This man loves 'poor mwananchi'.

Kaigangio
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:41:03 AM

if the so called "saviour actions" by the convernment are implemented, just seat back and enjoy another wave of food prices escalations and.....ngai baba!!! the maize farmer is in deep trouble...

cant these pigs look at the bigger picture and look beyond what they see?...the food prices is based upon many factors and fuel escalation is just but one factor...the sum..change one factor and the rest remain constant, the net result is zero!!!

...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
McReggae
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:46:01 AM

....so because fuel is just one of the factors we should continue paying the high kerosene prices.......indeed!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
ecstacy
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:45:23 PM

cant these pigs look at the bigger picture and look beyond what they see?...the food prices is based upon many factors and fuel escalation is just but one factor...the sum..change one factor and the rest remain constant, the net result is zero!!!

[/quote]

True. In my view, with the implementation of the new constitution being quite an expensive affair and the govt borrowing heavily from the domestic market, the raft of solutions should have been based on cost cutting, drastic sourcing of govt goods and services locally and increasing the tax base not just reactions long on popularism and short on impactive detail.
Wendz
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:02:12 PM

innairobi wrote:

Did you say that? just when the farmers in Eldoret were complaining there was no where to sell their maize?

Wait and see... in a few months, when the ships are hidden waiting somewhere in the high seas, there will be "maize meal" etc shortage/crisis and someone will do a "kadabrakadabra" and we shall get maize PAP! No wonder kalooser told us if bribed during elections, take the money, it is your money anyway!
oteve
#20 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 8:11:20 AM

Which pm when we know very well whose family was involved in the maize scandal bure kabisa the same guys will take the business opportunity to import maize