wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Only in Kenya
MaichBlack
#1 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 1:53:51 PM

Some things can only happen in Kenya. The more I read some stories, the more I feel like I am living in a Banana republic. Do you want to know how Ruto plotted his get away? Part of it at least. Click on the link below.

How Ruto got off

The sad thing is that no one picked this up even after the details were published in the Kenya Gazette.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#2 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 2:07:26 PM

And five witness apparently died while the case was going on. I would like to know exactly how they died. That is such a big number from such a small sample.

And get this. In as much as the State Law Office has the right to appeal, they have not indicated whether they will appeal even after Nairobi chief magistrate Gilbert Mutembei made it clear that Ms Njue was the missing link in the prosecution’s case. In other words, he was doing their job for them and telling them what they have to rectify.

I can only wonder how much money has been "poured" to throw this case. And what are the so called principals doing as all this is happening? Absolutely bure kabisa government.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
nostoppingthis
#3 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 2:17:57 PM

@Maich, I thought PLO is taking up the case....make it water-tight prosecution
Wa_ithaka
#4 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 2:19:04 PM

I am convinced that Ruto is guilty of everything that has been directed his way. Kanu youth millions; KPC land scandal; Slapping chisire at stehouse; Maize; insurance; makobosto; PEV.
Lakini he has money to buy guys
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
MaichBlack
#5 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 2:37:15 PM

Wa_ithaka wrote:
I am convinced that Ruto is guilty of everything that has been directed his way. Kanu youth millions; KPC land scandal; Slapping chisire at stehouse; Maize; insurance; makobosto; PEV.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

@Wa_ithaka - A good student you are!!! you learnt about "makobosto" today and you are already using the word in your sentences.

Remember, never put makobosto in your pocket. Beba na mkono! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
mkonomtupu
#6 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 2:50:47 PM

The case against ruto had no legal standing even if Hellen Njue testified. The prosecution's case was that ruto sold to KPC forest land i.e. it was not degazetted and it lined up some former lands officials one who admitted on the stand that she was not aware the forest land had actually been properly degazetted and was no longer forest land. The lawyer who did the transaction also confirmed that KPC got a clean title and actually got a good deal and all the cash was received by him not ruto. so even if Hellen Njue testified it wouldn't have made that much of difference obviously she was going to be hostile to the prosecution. The entire theory of the prosecution's case was hollow that ruto sold KPC forest land which turned to be hogwash and at this point the damage was already done by the other witnesses.

@nonstoppingthis there is nothing that PLO can do. prosecution has only have one chance and if the person is acquitted you cannot bring back the case. Forget about it it's over
carygoh
#7 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 3:58:48 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Wa_ithaka wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

@Wa_ithaka - A good student you are!!! you learnt about "makobosto" today and you are already using the word in your sentences.

Remember, never put makobosto in your pocket. Beba na mkono! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Think Positive Test Negative
FundamentAli
#8 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 4:50:22 PM

Wa_ithaka wrote:

The late Chesire got a warrant of arrest againt one suspect. He could not get it enforced for many years. No policeman plays around with a kenyan politician. Wanachunga kazi yao.
Lolest!
#9 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 8:27:32 PM

Friendship between the accused and prosecution witness is a challenge to justice!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray