wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
The Two Kenyan Communities
Wendz
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:48:45 PM

Mtu Biz wrote:

The cocoon is on the rampage!!

So if you cannot articulate your ideas and are not a cocoon member you are doomed hapa wazualand.

your sentence should have stopped there... if you have ideas, which you cant articulate with facts, then you are bound to answer several questions around irrespective of who you are..... (this "cocoon" thing is isolating - needs to be banned... i believe everyone in wazua is important and has equal "rights")... if you look at the respondents, they are of different "ranks"... One thing is for sure, it doesnt matter what "rank" you have been given, you have to have facts or sources of your info, that is why, every other thread that tries to give info with no sources quoted, is quickly followed with requests for "links"... if you do not have facts, link, then you better be having convincing information (assuming you couldnt post anything) to back up your claim... or get yourself some thick skin.
Lolest!
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:18:33 PM

If Abby had not decided to attack the entire Gikuyu community while showering praises on the Luo, i would agree with him. Truth is, we need to confront the rifts in our society. In 2008, we buried the weed of hatred in our shamba. We didnt uproot it and burn it! It is good that we know what caused the hatred in 05-07. We need to confront such issues. Lies, most of them very absurd, were spread by the orange movement since the 05 plebiscite. Abby believed them. Abby hiyo ni uwongo. Its also not true that Gikuyu youth get free money from EB
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
sanity
#23 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:05:17 PM

The differences of the two communities is caused by politics.remember both have very high population.this means large numbers of ignorant masses on both sides.Before Kenyatta and Jaramogi,what was the relation between the two.maybe historians can tell us.But what I know is that,politics aside the two get along just fine.the rate of intermarriage is quite high.
Hope is not a strategy
YesuWangu
#24 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 8:00:57 AM

Inuendo wrote:
@ Redondo, no one is questioning abby's right as an individual to ask why there are political differences between kikuyus and luos. What we find objectionable is the statement after the question and the generalization of individual traits to reflect the traits of a community.

Who gave you the right to speak for others? If you are annoyed by a comment, speak for yourself.

You (singular, whoever you are) cannot take criticism and you (singular, whoever you are) in a cowardly fashion want to rally all of you (plural, whoever you are) and fall like a ton of bricks to Abby?

Let Abby speak! Abby does not have to shower praises to you (singular and plural, whoever you are) like a sychophant to be allowed to post.
Jus Blazin
#25 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 8:57:03 AM

Huyu abby seems like an old wazuan reborn. Twice s/he has stoked fires with ethno-political scenarios, and twice people have gone guns blazing. And all s/he says is "sorry, am new here. I quit", just to make it sound like s/he is a newbie. And we are all being sucked in. Bure Kabisa.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
cmk
#26 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 9:00:46 AM

i think both jaramogi n jomo were two very arrogant fellas,their differences have continued to grow with every generation..and will never end..sad.the seeds you sow today will reap you good or bad fruits for ever and ever.so think twice before you plant anything..love or hatred.
Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do-
Voltaire
innairobi
#27 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 9:21:48 AM

Railamania and Railaphobia as described in the earlier thread

Abby wrote:
Last week I asked what crimes have been committed by Raila ......

Today, I am just wondering why we have such big political differences between the two heavy-weight Kenyan communities (Luo and Kikuyu).

I hear it said that just after independence, Kikuyus were eating (stealing) and Luos were quick to point out the injustice .....

Could this be the reason why till today we have such huge differences between the two communities?

I am not luo, but having studied there, I know luos are direct ..... they say things as they are. Is that a problem to some people?

Regards.

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.