wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

best chinese restaurant
erokan
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:53:00 PM

Hi.my anniversary is coming up and am wondering which is the best chinese restaurant out here in nairobi in terms of price,quantity and quality of food,ambince,etc.

erokan
KulaRaha
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:20:00 AM

Mister Wok Capital Centre or Mister Wok Salonika Villas Lavington

Im hungry now!!!!!!

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Wendz
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:40:00 AM

'Best' comes at a cost..... How about china plate at chancery house? Its the best chinese restaurant i have gone to so far... nice,not crowded,and doesnt do much damage to your pocket for such an important day.... with roughly 3-4k for two you will be good.

There is another nice one called fang fang! its at lavington i think opposite the kobil petrol station if am not wrong and one at Nginyo towers - cant remember costs for these two- its a while since i was there.

Some deals are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.
pauloti
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:10:00 AM

u can also try Bangkok in Rank Xerox house Westlands - a bit pricey but good food,or my old time favourite Tin Tin at KICC - this has to be one of Kenya's oldest Chinese restaurants where the food is great and available at a reasonable cost.

i would avoid all these dodgy so called houses mostly in the lavington area,which are converted into restaurants. i went to one called 'For You' in hurlingham and got a cockroach served with my beef sizzler. even though the management offered to change it,i will not be venturing there again! problem with these place is that they are not licenced officialliy so the kitchen hygiene is poor and the cooks are illegal chinese immigrants who take alot of shortcuts to prepare the food fast.
Mandal Singh
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:36:00 AM

Try Panda Restaurant next to Hooters Restaurant/ Pub in town .
Pablo
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:54:00 AM

Beed to Panda. It was above my expectations. It surprisingly was among the cheapest,spent less than 1500 for 2.

Be greedy when others are fearful,be fearful when others are greedy.
tony stark
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:34:00 AM

@erokan,
Most chinese restaurants are actually run by indians and there menus are indian/chinese. Most people dont tell the difference so if it's authentic try warwick center or one of the fast foods chinese joints in sarit or village. If you dont mind and really want a good time china plate at chancery house has all that your looking for. Good ambience,not crowded and ambience is good. Food is great and they have authentic chinese food. Duck pecking there is not that great. Pork there is heavenly and the beef sizzler .... my mouth is already watering. Suggestion jump the appetizers cause the main course is filling and that reduces the dent from what wendz told you to under 2500.

SK A.L.U.M.N.I (Alcoholic Liason and Undergarments Manager of Nakedness Internationally)