wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
The Two Kenyan Communities
Abby
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:04:44 AM

Last week I asked what crimes have been committed by Raila ......

Today, I am just wondering why we have such big political differences between the two heavy-weight Kenyan communities (Luo and Kikuyu).

I hear it said that just after independence, Kikuyus were eating (stealing) and Luos were quick to point out the injustice .....

Could this be the reason why till today we have such huge differences between the two communities?

I am not luo, but having studied there, I know luos are direct ..... they say things as they are. Is that a problem to some people?

Regards.
Inuendo
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:46:26 AM

Abby, by any chance are you in class seven? That is the only explanation i can think of in reply to your "silly" statements and question.

When you say "Kikuyus were eating (stealing) and Luos were quick to point out the injustice ....." you are implying all kikuyus "ate" and all luos "pointed out".

I think this kind of pedestrian thinking that makes us have the divided Kenya we have right now! Learn to differentiate between an individual and his or her community.

How kenyans need more than Pray !

Common sense is the most evenly distributed quantity in the world. Everyone thinks he has enough.
cmk
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:49:36 AM

and are you direct?? having studied there or married from there??
ati heavy weights??
Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do-
Voltaire
Burning Spear
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:58:43 AM

@Abby,, one can tell your level of illeteracy by just reading your posts, I think wazua should request one's education before being allowed to join,
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
Abby
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:08:48 AM

Ok, I Quit. Thanks
For Sport
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:23:01 AM

Abby wrote:
Ok, I Quit. Thanks

not so fast!! Why do you keep asking these questions?
XSK
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:30:31 AM

Abby wrote:
Last week I asked what crimes have been committed by Raila ......

Today, I am just wondering why we have such big political differences between the two heavy-weight Kenyan communities (Luo and Kikuyu).

I hear it said that just after independence, Kikuyus were eating (stealing) and Luos were quick to point out the injustice .....

Could this be the reason why till today we have such huge differences between the two communities?

I am not luo, but having studied there, I know luos are direct ..... they say things as they are. Is that a problem to some people?

Regards.

@Abby

I think you need professional help. You are asking a question and providing an answer. Why do you bother asking?

Those two tribes are a part of kenya and will always be. They are here as a matter of right not priviledge. Get used to this fact as it wont change anytime soon.
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
redondo
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:07:27 AM

Hey, i think we are being too harsh on Abby. Maybe if we pondered this question we may just come to the realization that the differences(political or otherwise) between Luos and Kikuyus are based on perceptions that are founded on some historical events but have been perpetuated by ignorance.

May be. Just may be her question deserves some thought!
Euge
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:12:46 AM

Abby, please grab a coffee. These are sweaty moments for you.
Lord, thank you!
Inuendo
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:19:40 AM

@ Redondo, no one is questioning abby's right as an individual to ask why there are political differences between kikuyus and luos. What we find objectionable is the statement after the question and the generalization of individual traits to reflect the traits of a community.
Common sense is the most evenly distributed quantity in the world. Everyone thinks he has enough.
Intelligentsia
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:27:32 AM

Abby wrote:
Ok, I Quit. Thanks

Too fast! Where's your spine dude(ette)?
Coward of the County.
Burning Spear
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:34:51 AM

Abby wrote:
Ok, I Quit. Thanks

I agree,you should quit fast and avoid more embarrassment.
Your statement is hate against one community.You should remember that all are candidates of corruption / all of us including me and you are equal in the eyes of corruption and therefore you should stop mentioning tribes.

This is the kind of talk that that lead to so many IDPs today.
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
nostoppingthis
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:43:39 AM

Pole sana @Abby, hapa hautatoboa na such arguments....
banyamulenge
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:37:30 AM

Me thinks madondo ako na point

"The longer the fuse the mightier the blast!"
masukuma
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:22:50 PM

@abby...wewe ni kabila gani?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
gadj
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:25:18 PM

@ Abby usife moyo u have just touched on a raw nerve & majority of the respondents r sympathizes or members of these 2 tribes. So keep on asking these kind of questions dont be apologetic u have a right to be a wazuan.
famooz
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:25:47 PM

masukuma wrote:
@abby...wewe ni kabila gani?

head on! smile where is Abby?
ecstacy
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:31:50 PM

Desperate attempt by the Chungwa ka-Quarter party fanatic to paint all black as mr flip flops 2012 presidential chances dim by the minute. Poor upbringing.
Mtu Biz
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:13:15 PM

The cocoon is on the rampage!!

So if you cannot articulate your ideas and are not a cocoon member you are doomed hapa wazualand.
Sola Scriptura

Inuendo
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:21:32 PM

@ Mtu biz..... am not a member of any cocoon but a silly statement remains a silly statement.Abby has not provided any evidence to qualify her statement.

@ Gadj............... "[i]Abby usife moyo u have just touched on a raw nerve & majority of the respondents r sympathizes or members of these 2 tribes. So keep on asking these kind of questions dont be apologetic u have a right to be a wazuan.[/i]

1. Am not a member of the two tribes
2. Sympathizers of what? Peddling tribalism cannot be taken lightly unless you don't care about the future of our generation and the next.
3. Regarding your final statement, are you Abby's deskie?