wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Nation Media House - News!!!!
Ngalaka
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:55:55 PM

This Media house is now baffling.

Last evening NTV chose to black out the biggest news item of the day - The politics sorrounding the arrival of Uhuru and Rutos arrival from Haque and the susequent rally at Uhuru Park.

The Daily Nation today equally gave the story a passing mention in the inner pages!

If the happening in Narobi yesterday are not Newsworthy, then what is!!!

What is the deal!!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
For Sport
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:06:47 PM

Ngalaka, how is anyone prejudiced. What information did you want that you dont have? And what was newsworthy there?
amga
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:07:55 PM

http://www.facebook.com/...tion.com%2F&h=95d64
this is a petition asking for a media black out we forget too soon what has a higher priority e.g mau idp's, pev idp's and the hunger issue. common lets stop the political game and for once get our act together
dossy7
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:08:03 PM

Kudos to them and they should concentrate more on pressing issues like plight of IDP's and other things.
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
thuks
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:34:57 PM

dossy7 wrote:
Kudos to them and they should concentrate more on pressing issues like plight of IDP's and other things.

SecondedLaughing out loudly
Let all others join them. the tension the public feels is fed by the media coverage about politics. And it is all about he said, they said nonsenseApplause
I may just start buying the paper again
I care!
Lolest!
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:00:24 PM

The middle class is finally acting?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
ocampo
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:02:20 PM

Guys, you still watch crap on NTYV, KTEN. Get a life men, install DSTV
Lets not be vague, we go to hague
quicksand
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:19:31 PM

What I don't get is why KTN's bulletin at 9PM lasts 1 hour 10 minutes; I started finding the crud filled news tiresome and most of the time I don't bother at all.
But if the networks are beginning to cut political cr*p out of the screens, I applaud.
PATTIE
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:19:55 PM

@ngalaka
so citizen is soo good cos they show them coming(airport) n wherever else? nay... lets the time come to realization. constructive stuff,not listening to them + some pastors saying they prayed to the IDPs. do they need prayers or shambas?
waridi1
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:08:00 AM

It's a bit of a catch 22. Sometimes I wish they'd just totally black out some people and some stories. Sometimes I wish someone would just gag the media, they can be SO irresponsible!! But..

If a media house blacks out one group, they're showing partiality, period. If something is happening in our country, it is and must be news.

I don't think Kenyans truly get that media houses CHOOSE the news. They decide what stories to feature and what pages the stories go on. They choose the pictures and word things certain ways to invoke certain emotions. They are PARTIAL even when they're pretending to be unbiased.

Why is it that the same Nation newspaper that was Ruto, Ruto, Ruto, Ruto, Ocampo Six, Hague, Raila, every single day suddenly decides "Kenyans don't need more politics." And of course Kenyans applaud and say "Nation you have spoken." The gullibility is appalling.
mkonomtupu
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:27:35 AM

so what will nation broadcast or they want to bring us those sob stories which end with "tunaomba serikali itusaidie..." we have our own problems why should we listen to yours. Their business news is just crap. How is the mau mau compensation case a business story to be put in the business daily or some woman having a fish pond in her backyard. Bure kabisa NMG how do you listen to facebookers who never even buy your boring newspapers I hope you can explain that to the shareholders who buy your shares during election years

I must say this is even more stupid than KPLC telling its consumers to buy energy saving bulbs because they can't meet demand.
Wa_ithaka
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:54:10 AM

The oxygen of puiblicity is what keeps the mpigs opening their mlouths. The only way to shut them is to reduce their oxygen.
I'd like to believe good Kenyans want to see justice done, the empty celebrations of emptyheads flying back on an aeroplane are of zero interest.

Kudos NTV, no weonder I've held NMG shares for almost 7years now.
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
FundamentAli
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:00:41 AM

Maybe they have not been paid to cover the story. You know about journalism in this country. You pay them so that you get coverage. You pay them not to write a story that will put you in bad light
Elder
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:00:58 AM

So Nation Media Group finally does something sensible and the pitch-folks are out for them!! Totally with Nation Media Group there. Hope the others follow suit and black out all Kenyan politicians unless they are talking about development and governance issues.

@waridi1 if Nation Media Group sees the light then we can only try and thrive in it. They can`t shy from change just because it is not what they have always done. That is why it is change.

@ocampo you can have DSTV and all the other acronyms but if you want local news on tv then you have to watch the local channels. So how will having DSTV help you there? In any event a good number of people actually watch the Kenyan channels on DSTV.

@mkonomptupu the sob stories are about our fellow Kenyans. Those who are either screwed up by a non-functioning system or have problems that we are lucky not to have. The fact that they believe the government should help them out is a failure in our society to enlighten them on the functions of the government and of course their rights and obligations. And if it is an area I can help in my small little way despite my problems then why not? And what is wrong in KPLC asking people to use energy saving bulb so as to cut down on wastage? In any event KPLC just distributes power they do not generate it.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Ngalaka
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:54:00 PM

waridi1 wrote:
It's a bit of a catch 22. Sometimes I wish they'd just totally black out some people and some stories. Sometimes I wish someone would just gag the media, they can be SO irresponsible!! But..

If a media house blacks out one group, they're showing partiality, period. If something is happening in our country, it is and must be news.

I don't think Kenyans truly get that media houses CHOOSE the news. They decide what stories to feature and what pages the stories go on. They choose the pictures and word things certain ways to invoke certain emotions. They are PARTIAL even when they're pretending to be unbiased.

Why is it that the same Nation newspaper that was Ruto, Ruto, Ruto, Ruto, Ocampo Six, Hague, Raila, every single day suddenly decides "Kenyans don't need more politics." And of course Kenyans applaud and say "Nation you have spoken." The gullibility is appalling.

Precisely!

All that matters is if the proceedings further the interest of their prfered Politician.

I dont know if that is good for Business!

If from tomorrow going forward they publish two diferent copies;
One with all the other stories but no politics while the other carries the usual stories but in addition, lots of stories on politics - which copy will sell most.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
mgeman
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:54:17 PM

So it was not when they whipped dry the dispute over the venue the previous day, what a news team covering the sixs tribulations at the hague, the hooligans that threw stones at makongeni? I have read and respected nation media for a long time for their impartiality but now am not so sure.
I am an African

-Thambo Mbeki Speech
mwenza
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:07:42 AM

mgeman wrote:
So it was not when they whipped dry the dispute over the venue the previous day, what a news team covering the sixs tribulations at the hague, the hooligans that threw stones at makongeni? I have read and respected nation media for a long time for their impartiality but now am not so sure.

................Maybe The Nation Media Group knows a thing or two about PEV that a good number of us don't!
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
newfarer
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:14:07 AM

Nation Newspapers , you are doing a good job , I know there are some Nation journalists in this forum.

Endeleeni hivyo hivyo . A full black out for the Hague suspects is in good order.Wacheni gutter press iendelee ku whip up mass emotions .Atleast Nation , you will have a clear conscience should anything arising from irresponsible media happen
punda amecheka
runjam
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:33:55 AM

mwenza wrote:
mgeman wrote:

................Maybe The Nation Media Group knows a thing or two about PEV that a good number of us don't!

If they know and we don't, then business sense dictates that they report it ASAP since obviously, the sales will go up on that day.
mwenza
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:51:25 AM

runjam wrote:
mwenza wrote:
mgeman wrote:

If they know and we don't, then business sense dictates that they report it ASAP since obviously, the sales will go up on that day.

................And thats precisely why they exhaustively covered The Hague pre-trials.

The lies at uhuru park "prayers", in their considered opinion, were not newsworthy. For me this was a good thing. "NATION" endeleeni hivo hivo..........
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN