wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Kenya. The lost nation.
masukuma
#21 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 5:13:24 PM

people conveniently remember IDPs (a problem they caused) when there are issues. the ODMers are no better, can you remember when ODM decided to ask people to stop fighting? it was when people were attacked in Naivasha before that they were busy saying "Haki iwe ngao", "Justice" , "No Raila, No peace"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blo...ere_next_for_kenya.html

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
newfarer
#22 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 5:15:22 PM

masukuma wrote:
people conveniently remember IDPs (a problem they caused) when there are issues. the ODMers are no better, can you remember when ODM decided to ask people to stop fighting? it was when people were attacked in Naivasha before that they were busy saying "Haki iwe ngao", "Justice" , "No Raila, No peace"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbc_whys/2641542045/

Dear Masukuma , beware of hate speech .Remember Ruto thought Hague would come in 2090.
Nothing is impossible .
punda amecheka
#23 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 5:17:03 PM

Mpenzi wrote:
2012 wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Typical cowardly Kenyan middle class.
Whine, Whine Whine, then go back to your (our) businesses.

That's where you are wrong. It's not cowardice and never underestimate the middle class - research has shown that the middle class are the same all over the world and are the voice of reason for the nation. Middle class is you and me and it's not from fear that we don't rush to the street every time we're provoked, it's because we reason first and weigh all options. But when the middle class gets tired and says enough is enough, then you'll know what an unstoppable tsunami is - forget the fake one of Raila. Look at Libya, Egypt and Yemen. The middle class is what holds the nation together. Forget going to the streets to get battered by well trained police with weapons as it's foolish, short term and accomplishes nothing, but imagine my friends if all in the middle class downed their tools, wouldn't that mark the end of any regime?

So the simple answer is that the middle-class is not tired enough yet - and it is too divided along ethnic lines to bring about any meaningful change. That is the reality.

@Mpenzi, unfortunately that is the reality.

BBI will solve it
:)
masukuma
#24 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 5:21:47 PM

newfarer wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Dear Masukuma , beware of hate speech .Remember Ruto thought Hague would come in 2090.
Nothing is impossible .

sababu hate speech is now defined as speech against Raila?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#25 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 6:18:08 PM

We have been very patient with bad leaders over the years, for me I think we just need to hold on for awhile longer.

Wacha we fill the constitutional offices and get used to the new constitution. PLO gave us a taste of what will come when a real working Kenyan takes up an office with constitutional tenure. Charles Nyachae has also started well. I expect significant changes once the Inspector General, DPP and the CJ are appointed regardless of whether they are PNU or ODM leaning (I guess this in nowadays assessed through one's tribe, regardless of personall affiliations)

The only positive to come out of today's Uhuru park meeting was when the Nairobi OCS said that the organisers did not need to notify the police as per the "New Constitution". Small but very positive steps for optimists like myself.

There is also the ex-spy who won Sh 2b against Moi etc. Personally, I think we are on the right path despite some politicians still trying very hard to stall our progress.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
aemathenge
#26 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 6:32:01 PM

Oh Please.

There was a middle class during the Moi Error and their (our) lead honcho then said "..... razor blade".

There is a middle class on the piece of earth formally known as Somalia and they are making millions.

We, the middle class, are the middle class because we have factored in the Mpigs, The Right Honourable Prime Minister, Mutukufu Rais, et al in our projections and analysis as we make money.

We have factored in corruption, nepotism, tax evasion, money laundering, drug trafficking, the whole nine yards and mastered how to make profits despite them, we are the middle class, aren't we.

So spare me the Whinny drivel.

We have a "scratch my back, I will stratch yours" relationship with mboys and gals we loving call Mpigs and their respective coterie of hangons, and then do business with them at night.

Tell me, if Uhuru Kenyatta came to you with a proposal to supply Kshs. 1 million in goods or services to his "ill acquired" holdings, would you tell him to take a walk?

Dwell on it before you post the next whine.

Incidently, I perceive our biggest problem is the lack of employement for our "youth" yet despite being in the middle class, very few of us responded to the thread about being Angels on the SME section.
Ngalaka
#27 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 6:37:14 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
We have been very patient with bad leaders over the years, for me I think we just need to hold on for awhile longer.

Wacha we fill the constitutional offices and get used to the new constitution. PLO gave us a taste of what will come when a real working Kenyan takes up an office with constitutional tenure. Charles Nyachae has also started well. I expect significant changes once the Inspector General, DPP and the CJ are appointed regardless of whether they are PNU or ODM leaning (I guess this in nowadays assessed through one's tribe, regardless of personall affiliations)

The only positive to come out of today's Uhuru park meeting was when the Nairobi OCS said that the organisers did not need to notify the police as per the "New Constitution". Small but very positive steps for optimists like myself.

There is also the ex-spy who won Sh 2b against Moi etc. Personally, I think we are on the right path despite some politicians still trying very hard to stall our progress.

Good comments.
Thanks for toning down - lately your posts point to a mellowing Kenyan.
Bravo.
May be we should also take the challenge!!!!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Lolest!
#28 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 9:30:23 PM

Mahegoat, impressive! Bravo!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
YesuWangu
#29 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:09:26 AM

masukuma wrote:
newfarer wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Nothing is impossible .

sababu hate speech is now defined as speech against Raila?

Masukuma, you want a one-line definition of hate speech?

Anyway, I got reminded today that the new constitution has changed, radically, how politics will be run.

The tact odm used in the previous election will be quite useless in 2012. Why? Because, the cabinet will not be made up of cronies who defended their chosen leader, or attacked their enemy, most, for starters.

Kenyas middle class is maneno ya websites tupu. Thank God for the COE for it is the constitution that will save the day for kenya this time around.
Rahatupu
#30 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:02:03 AM

aemathenge wrote:
Oh Please.

There was a middle class during the Moi Error and their (our) lead honcho then said "..... razor blade".

There is a middle class on the piece of earth formally known as Somalia and they are making millions.

We, the middle class, are the middle class because we have factored in the Mpigs, The Right Honourable Prime Minister, Mutukufu Rais, et al in our projections and analysis as we make money.

We have factored in corruption, nepotism, tax evasion, money laundering, drug trafficking, the whole nine yards and mastered how to make profits despite them, we are the middle class, aren't we.

We have a "scratch my back, I will stratch yours" relationship with mboys and gals we loving call Mpigs and their respective coterie of hangons, and then do business with them at night.

Tell me, if Uhuru Kenyatta came to you with a proposal to supply Kshs. 1 million in goods or services to his "ill acquired" holdings, would you tell him to take a walk?

Dwell on it before you post the next whine.

Incidently, I perceive our biggest problem is the lack of employement for our "youth" yet despite being in the middle class, very few of us responded to the thread about being Angels on the SME section.

@Well said Applause .

The other problem with our so called middle class is that it is not big enough, I mean it does not have the critical mass to give it political relevance. The number of Kenyans who can claim to belong to this class may not exceed 10% (my guess). Compare this to the poor rural folks and the urban lumpen proletariat (the so called unemployed youth) and you will understand why our politicians fare on despite the whining of the middle class. So until we rope in the large segment of the lumpen proletariat and emancipate the rural folk of the idiocy of rural life, we shall never beat our political class.
For Sport
#31 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:25:52 PM

aemathenge wrote:
Oh Please.

Still waiting for your contribution there then. Unless you're admitting you're part of the problem.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#32 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:46:00 PM

Some of you need to watch the clip on Kizza Besigye being slapped around, bundled into a pick up simply because he chose to walk to work. You will then appreciate your country with its Mpigs and there antics.

But the pushy nature of our people and the higher standards we demand of ourselves is what will take us to the next level so no letting up.

@Ngalaka,

I decided to look at things with a more balanced perspective, my opinions on many things have not changed, what I realised is the big divide in thinking between the people I interact with.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins