wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
UHURU PARK IMPUNITY
marimari
#1 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 2:59:44 PM

Are you guys listening and watching?

It is the one day i regret being a Kenyan.

To all those at uhuru park Mungu awasaidiePray Pray
Quote:
The Sky is not the limit but the foundation of Heaven
Quote:
..........Marimari
newfarer
#2 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 3:06:14 PM

what are they saying? any chaos in town? I have an urgent job to do there

marimari wrote:

punda amecheka
Surealligator
#3 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 3:28:45 PM

newfarer wrote:
what are they saying? any chaos in town? I have an urgent job to do there

marimari wrote:

@Newfarer

No violence but traffic jam is bad towards Westlands.
Go overdrive in purchasing the goods when there's blood on the streets, expecially if the blood is your own
Burning Spear
#4 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 3:35:49 PM

marimari wrote:

This is politics kijana.

Am sure if it was a Raila rally,you would have edited your comments
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
Jus Blazin
#5 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 4:04:25 PM

I also see no problem with such politics. It was a prayer cum rally. And they are politicians. What to do?
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Jus Blazin
#6 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 4:05:31 PM

This is the kind of democracy Kenyans wanted. Well, there, you have it...
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Benzino
#7 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 4:54:34 PM

They are now using the clergy to spread propaganda and hate speech. Shame!!!
masukuma
#8 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 5:03:51 PM

the new definition of hate speech is SPEECH AGAINST RAILA!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
newfarer
#9 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 5:09:11 PM

Benzino wrote:

Kibunja is watching.The Cohesion team has engaged CID department track hate speech on social media like Wazua and facebook .

Wazuans be careful on whatever you post here.Its a matter of time and hate speech peddlers will be caught up with.
punda amecheka
simonkabz
#10 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 5:18:35 PM

No violence, no tension, no tribalism. Above average behaviour if you know what politicians are.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
marimari
#11 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 6:02:05 PM

@ Burning Spear

I dont even listen to RAO. so why the judgement?n As far as am concerned none of those hague guys can lead this country. Domo tu
Quote:
The Sky is not the limit but the foundation of Heaven
Quote:
..........Marimari
nostoppingthis
#12 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 6:23:51 PM

newfarer wrote:
Benzino wrote:

Kibunja is watching.The Cohesion team has engaged CID department track hate speech on social media like Wazua and facebook .

Wazuans be careful on whatever you post here.Its a matter of time and hate speech peddlers will be caught up with.

Vitisho! Ekatarina could pick out the hate speech, this guy was toothless.....
Ngalaka
#13 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 6:43:05 PM

Reading through most posts in Wazua - we certainly need a proper and unambigous definition of what constitutes;

1.Hate speech.
2.Impunity.

This to be juxtaposed against
the common liberties of Speech, association and playing politics in a Democracy.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
wazo
#14 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 7:10:34 PM

How you can be within any court's jurisdiction for the kind of charges I heard read out to them & continue sitting in public office in these democratic times is entirely beyond me.

The ICC six should,in demonstration of their democratic ideals,"vigorously comply" to public expectation & resign.Its the decent thing to do.

Hate speech,for he that asked,is when you say & do things to inflame your audience against other sections of the populace.Impunity is when you publicly do what is ordinarily wrong,offensive & even illegal because you intend to get away with it when you otherwise couldn't.
masukuma
#15 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 7:12:21 PM

Kenyans are being silly, what do we call hate speech? speech that pisses you off?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Mpenzi
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:05:45 AM

wazo wrote:
How you can be within any court's jurisdiction for the kind of charges I heard read out to them & continue sitting in public office in these democratic times is entirely beyond me.

The ICC six should,in demonstration of their democratic ideals,"vigorously comply" to public expectation & resign.Its the decent thing to do.

Hate speech,for he that asked,is when you say & do things to inflame your audience against other sections of the populace.Impunity is when you publicly do what is ordinarily wrong,offensive & even illegal because you intend to get away with it when you otherwise couldn't.

Stop using your pedestrian understanding of hate speech. Go to the Consitution and find out how wrong you are!
YesuWangu
#17 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:16:37 AM

Mpenzi wrote:
wazo wrote:

Stop using your pedestrian understanding of hate speech. Go to the Consitution and find out how wrong you are!

And stop waddling around yourself. Counter his argument with fact. Copy and paste if you must from this Consitution and show him and us how wrong he is.

His understanding of hate speech to me is reasonable.

Masukuma, yes, hate speech tends to piss off more often than not. It pisses off the audience to the extent of 'doing something' about those that piss them off. Quite silly, isnt it?
Mpenzi
#18 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 10:55:26 AM

YesuWangu wrote:
Mpenzi wrote:
wazo wrote:

And stop waddling around yourself. Counter his argument with fact. Copy and paste if you must from this Consitution and show him and us how wrong he is.

His understanding of hate speech to me is reasonable.

Masukuma, yes, hate speech tends to piss off more often than not. It pisses off the audience to the extent of 'doing something' about those that piss them off. Quite silly, isnt it?

@YesuWangu, Stop being lazy and learn to read for yourself the Constitution read together with the National Cohesion and Integration Act.

Section 13 of the National Cohesion and Integration Act:

Section 13: Hate Speech

13. (1) A person who-

(a) uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or displays any written material;

(b) publishes or distributes written material;

(c) presents or directs the performance the public performance of a play;

(d) distributes, shows or plays, a recording of visual images; or

(e) provides, produces or directs a programme;

which is threatening, abusive or insulting or involves the use of threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour commits an offence if such person intends thereby to stir up ethnic hatred, or having regard to all the circumstances, ethnic hatred is likely to be stirred up.

(2) Any person who commits an offence under this section shall be liable to a fine not exceeding one million shillings or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years or to both.

(3) In this section, “ethnic hatred” means hatred against a group of persons defined by reference to colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins.

Please note the definitive words in red. For speech to be deemed 'hate speech' you have to prove that the speech maker "intends thereby to stir up ethnic hatred, or having regard to all the circumstances, ethnic hatred is likely to be stirred up." And see the definition of 'ethnic hatred". Hate speech is not simply about inflaming "your audience against other sections of the populace". It must be aimed at stirring ethnic hatred - hatred against a group of persons defined by reference to colour, race, ethnic origins etc. Abuses, however despicable, are therefore not necessarily "hate speech".

See also Article 33 of the Constitution:

Freedom of expression
33. (1) Every person has the right to freedom of expression, which includes—
(a) freedom to seek, receive or impart information or ideas;
(b) freedom of artistic creativity; and
(c) academic freedom and freedom of scientific research.
(2) The right to freedom of expression does not extend to—
(a) propaganda for war;
(b) incitement to violence;
(c) hate speech; or
(d) advocacy of hatred that—
(i) constitutes ethnic incitement, vilification of others or incitement to cause harm; or

(ii) is based on any ground of discrimination
specified or contemplated in Article 27 (4).
gadj
#19 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:02:29 PM

There r some people who dont fit in these group who support the Ocampo suspects like Kalonzo and Eugene Wamalwa. Kalonzo when it comes to the insults the likes of UK, Ruto etc can unleash uwezimake. For Eugene your presidency ambition will be swallowed up by these guys even before you start campainging come 2012 please look for another group to represent the youth or u become just another big mouth.
Barrywhite
#20 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:43:21 PM

Its amazing what politicians we dont even know; or who dont even know us personally, can do to our pysche. If there is one thing l really like about this constitution, the one think that made me vote for it, was the fact that ministers will not be politicians. That way, ministers will work the full term of 5 years. As it is now, your guess is as good as mine, who is running the ministries - as we pay ministers to do political strategies of survival.
The laudable is more often than not rendered laughable by overclaim