wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Uhuru Park Stand-off: ODM and PNU to fight it out.
Impunity
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 9:12:38 PM

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
What the hell is this country coming to?Tomorow Monday is gonna be explosive.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

dossy7
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:05:53 PM

I wonder tomorrow being a Monday who will attend this prayer or is this country full of idlers Applause
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
Lolest!
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:10:33 PM

Ill blame Raila and his men should anything go wrong tomorrow. Why not treat Uk and Ruto with contempt and ignore them? You dont pray for victims of violence while creating new victims!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
KulaRaha
#4 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 7:46:57 AM

I just passed Uhuru Park and its a sad sight indeed. Huge police presence, GSU, plainclothes....

Really, is this the country we want? Being held to ransom by a bunch of politicians who are desperate to save their skins?

Just wait for the traffic to start now!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Benzino
#5 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 8:12:05 AM

Politicians Bure Kabisa.
petro08
#6 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 8:25:28 AM

This confirms that we have leaders from both sides who have no brains. It is complete nonsense to ask for the prayers for the Hague six. It is even more nonsensical to call for prayers for the IDP'S

The IDP'S do not need anyone's prayers, not even from a Bishop. All what they need it to be helped to resettle. Calling for prayers is to ridicule the IDP'S

Hope I had an opportunity to tell all these leaders involved on their face that they are very stupid!! and their actions are childish and also advise them to just consult some nursery school children who should know better than them.

XSK
#7 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 8:27:09 AM

Impunity wrote:
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
What the hell is this country coming to?Tomorow Monday is gonna be explosive.

@impunity

It needs not to end in violence. The usual "extremists" in ODM have not come out strongly in support of the plan. The ones for PNU are not backing off. In this kind of scenario, coupled with police presence i believe peace will prevail or am i too optimistic?
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
simonkabz
#8 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 8:27:18 AM

Facts facts facts! Who booked first?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Tommy
#9 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 8:28:01 AM

ABK mpigs. and btw what makes it worse is that there will be people who will attend.
Don't wait for the Last Judgment. It happens every day. ~Albert Camus, The Fall, 1956
KulaRaha
#10 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 8:40:44 AM

simonkabz wrote:
Facts facts facts! Who booked first?

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!

Both idiots should be stopped from holding rallies...we want peace...
simonkabz
#11 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 8:48:54 AM

@kularaha, get real n stop burying ua head in the sand. I agree we dnt need rallies right now, bt we are in a democracy. Whoever booked later wants to cause chaos, thats obvious!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
KulaRaha
#12 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 8:55:13 AM

simonkabz wrote:
@kularaha, get real n stop burying ua head in the sand. I agree we dnt need rallies right now, bt we are in a democracy. Whoever booked later wants to cause chaos, thats obvious!

I think you cannot see the forest because of the trees.
TAZ
#13 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 9:41:26 AM

I have to agree with @Simon, hii rally ya "prayers" for IDPs ilitoka wapi? I think we all knew that UK, WR and co had planned to have a rally at Uhuru park even before they went to the Hague. Hawa watu wa ODM just want to disrupt the PNU plans.
QD
#14 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 9:47:51 AM

simonkabz wrote:

It does not matter who booked the venue or who did not the whole motive behind the rallies is STUPID.

..Why pray for Ruto and Uhuru????? is any of them sick? all these are chest thumping that does not help for it is political en cheap way of seeking relevance.Ali, Muthaura en Kosgey came en was not prayed for so WTF.

..Why does ODM wants to pray for the IDPs today???? its long over due for those guys who trully need to be settled to be used for political milage. Else if they wanted to pray for them let them go to Mawingu Camp either on Sartuday or Sunday and do the prayers. Ask yourself who is paying for their transportation to the city.

All the two meetings should be cancelled.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence
innairobi
#15 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 9:53:22 AM

Here are my quick thoughts on today's planned events:

a)The choice of rally date was unwise. Monday is disruptive to business in the city. I think it was intentional to 'make a statement'

b)Banning the rally would have had worse repercussions. Let them ventilate. Look, love them or hate them, these guys have supporters. Stifling speech will only move the thing underground to blow up violently later. Remember ODM being refused entry into Uhuru Park in 2007 and what happened. If they incite, they will be locked up. Watajikaranga.

c)ODM's actions is political to trigger arrest warrants from the ICC judges. Early in the week, I think they had denied booking all venues in Nairobi. Unnecessary confrontation. It reinforces the view that there are leaders who have no qualms overseeing the shedding of blood as long as it furthers their political objectives.

Hiyo tu.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
Lolest!
#16 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 10:02:58 AM

Innairobi, perfect summary!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
dossy7
#17 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 10:07:39 AM

Just a quick question anyone near Uhuru park is the rally on?
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
Dash
#18 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 10:10:02 AM

@simonkabz i dont think someone is burying their heads in the sand when they declare that both rallies are useless. You might agree with the politicians and idlers who will attend the rallies and bring in stories of democracy and who booked first and bla bla bla but not all of us do.
Wendz
#19 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 10:27:35 AM

Its sad that we are holding a debate like this...

Both parties are just out for a useless self-interest noisemaking gathering... word has it that Panua booked for Sunday and then moved it to monday due to logistic problems... in the meantime, Odomo had booked for Sunday prayers and were informed it had been booked... they booked for monday prayers to neutralise the would-have-been-sunday-ocampo prayers... now, apparently, that's how the crash came about.....

So who is right and who is wrong? I don't really care because in my view, it is all self-interest for all of them and useless media will bog us down with this noise in the name of 'Breaking News'! Just hecklers trying to remain relevant!

As someone said, IDPs do not need prayers they need to be resettled and lead their lives.... And how many of the "prayers" will we be having for these groups given that the dudes were told to be reporting every 6 months? And will we also be praying for the IDPs every 6 months?
McReggae
#20 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 10:48:39 AM

Hii ni ujinga....!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".