wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
The Ocampo 3 today
McReggae
#21 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 4:56:01 PM

....and UK's defense include Milosevic's lawyer....wow!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Ngalaka
#22 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 5:00:17 PM

Todays lawyers vs Ocampo.

The prosecutor seems helpless against these chaps.

He is made to seem so ill equiped - grey matter-ish.

Exprssing himself effectively to be understood fully is a challenge!!!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
McReggae
#23 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 5:06:06 PM

Ngalaka wrote:

.....no so fast brother!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
TAZ
#24 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 5:16:36 PM

McReggae wrote:
....and UK's defense include Milosevic's lawyer....wow!!!!

Steven kay was assigned by the Court's Registrar to represent Milosevic...the guy insisted he wanted to represent himself.

".......a defence team, including British barrister Steven Kay, was appointed to represent Mr Milosevic when the court ruled he was too ill to continue acting as his own defence lawyer.

But Mr Milosevic, reiterating arguments from his lawyer, told the judges on Thursday that he should be allowed to direct his own defence."
newfarer
#25 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 5:29:17 PM

Ngalaka wrote:

But Ocampo is still effective.I think no one will be willing to go through such a shameful grill come 2013
punda amecheka
Mpenzi
#26 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 5:34:44 PM

longman wrote:
If Uhuru really wanted a local process and believed in it, why would he not hire a local (kenyan) lawyer?

How many local lawyers have mastered the ICC process? No Kenyan lawyer has yet conducted a defence before the ICC. And Uhuru has local lawyers who will be led the the QCs. Its his liberty at stake - he has to get the best that money can buy!
ecstacy
#27 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 5:58:41 PM

Mpenzi wrote:
longman wrote:
If Uhuru really wanted a local process and believed in it, why would he not hire a local (kenyan) lawyer?

How many local lawyers have mastered the ICC process? No Kenyan lawyer has yet conducted a defence before the ICC. And Uhuru has local lawyers who will be led the the QCs. Its his liberty at stake - he has to get the best that money can buy!

Applause Applause Applause Applause
#28 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 6:12:07 PM

I think Ocampo is in for the ride of a lifetime here. I think he underestimated Kenya. All the same I'd hate to face him a a suspect with no clue on what he has on me. I'd not be shocked if Ruto has been video taped or Muthaura has been githongod.

BBI will solve it
:)
simonkabz
#29 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 6:28:48 PM

The mboyz were well behaved today. I think MO will have a tough time, aggravated by state (kenya) and public interest, low criminal threshold, experienced defence lawyers n his (in)ability to express himself clearly. Lets enjoy this free drama.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Impunity
#30 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 6:35:59 PM

Great 2011 this could be...!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

B.Timer
#31 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 7:58:54 PM

A few observations;

Why is Ocampo so hesitant to disclose his entire evidence as required in such cases - always citing the admissibility case filed by Kenya Government.

Does he fear/know that the admisibility case will succeed thereby terminating main cases on the six suspects!!

While appealing the expunction of Kibera & Kisumu evidence against Muthaura, Uhuru and Ali, Ocampos himself stated that without the reinstatement of that evidence his case against the trio would be considerably watered down.
The appeal was lost!

In his honest opinion, given his sentiments then, how good is his case today after his prayers were denied!!

The accussations on Muthaura, Uhuru and Ali as read outy to them today are based on the events taking places between Jan 24th 2008 to Jan 31st 2008 - barely 8days!!!

Crime against humanity!

I say this without prejudice to the victims most of whom were innocent citizens.
Dunia ni msongamano..
rasilio
#32 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 9:37:45 PM

Kenyans are very funny. Just because you have never seen how western justice is carried out your are wowed and bedazzled by what is basically a pretrial.

Ocampo has seen it before. There have been tougher cases and better lawyers in that place. assuming that this is a Gor mahia afc leopards game to keep score is rather funny.

so far everything that the fellow has said will happen has come to pass.

For those jumping up and down about disclosure, just visit a US court. It is the job of the prosecution to give as little as is legally possible and the job of the defense to make all the noise in the world that enough was not given.

I believe Muthaura has the best representation there and will probably survive. Unlike his buddies who will hold a "prayer" rally on Monday and send their bloggers all over to tell us what we did not see.

Hague ti kwa ngina.

See you on Sept. 1st. When the bell will toll.
B.Timer
#33 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2011 9:43:04 AM

Quote:
[quote=rasilio] Unlike his buddies who will hold a "prayer" rally on Monday and send their bloggers all over to tell us what we did not see.

Only one politician in Kenya has Martyrs.
Dunia ni msongamano..
YesuWangu
#34 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2011 10:25:48 AM

Has any of the defence lawyers at the ICC ever achieved an acquital from the ICC?
innairobi
#35 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2011 12:48:53 PM

Dont know about the rest but Karim Khan, Muthaura's lawyer, got a Darfur rebel leader off the hook last year during the confirmation of charges hearing due to lack of evidence.

http://www.rnw.nl/intern...garda-escapes-icc-trial

http://www.icc-cpi.int/m...9/icc02050209?lan=en-GB

YesuWangu wrote:
Has any of the defence lawyers at the ICC ever achieved an acquital from the ICC?

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
X13united
#36 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2011 12:50:59 PM

Crémé d la crémé. Truth be told,no country in the third world has ever gone that far in tackling justice. Be it diplomacy,be it representation in court,be it the influence in Africa. I love this country,if it were not for corruption and power thirsty representatives,we would be a second world country by now.