wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
61% of kenyans prefer the ICC
Sober
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:13:35 PM

http://www.nation.co.ke/...2/-/7qbmkq/-/index.html

an improvement of 1% from december. this maybe the first real statistics taken right. ii contributed to that 'one'
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Gordon Gekko
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:29:44 PM

Sober wrote:
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/politics/-/1064/1139102/-/7qbmkq/-/index.html

an improvement of 1% from december. this maybe the first real statistics taken right. ii contributed to that 'one'

So are you on the 61% or 39% ?
McReggae
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:45:36 PM

Hague: 61%
Local tribunal: 24%
Local courts: 8%

The synovate poll captures the reality on the ground. Kenyans are fond of flocking political rallies..for support, out of curiosity or for mere fun. The fact is that some of those u see flocking these rallies actually suffered during the 2007/08 ...violence and they still want long lasting justice.They know the so called new-found peace between Uhuru and Ruto is a pipe dream. Everybody wants a country free of fear. nobody wants to wake up and be uprooted from their homes anymore. nobody wants to see their kinsmen chopped with machetes to pieces by the roadside. And few Kenyans beleive that local judges can be impartial. People want peace and a stable future. This is the underlying reason for this massive support for Hague-based prosecutions.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
nostoppingthis
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:58:36 PM

wewe!! @sober, you want to kosana with akina @simonkabz
Seeders
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:25:09 PM

ICC is important. TJRC is critical. The people are not reconciled. Without TJRC, violence is a matter of when not if.
Wendz
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:35:08 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:

But he has said the truth... I would love to see justice done to each and every soul in whichever form it comes (international or local). For now, and until we have a local tribunal, there is really no justice we expect to see done to the victims and perpetrators.

If UK and WR are innocent, let them go, they will be cleared and they come back and lead their normal lives.... and hopefully be alternating presidents of kenya. If they are found guilty, let them rot in jail....And if Ocampo has good enough evidence to come for Raila, let him also go rot there. if someone chopped off his neighbours hands and burnt his house, let him carry his cross... why do I say this? I voted in 2007. I had luo, luhya, kamba, etc neighbours who voted too. We all voted for different people. Did all our candidates win? Of course no. Did we get pissed off? of course yes but I did not kill them and they did not kill me. Werent our votes as important as for the ones of those who voted in eldoret, kisumu, naivasha so that they can kill their neighbours because "their vote was stolen"?
nostoppingthis
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:50:38 PM

Wendz wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:

But he has said the truth... I would love to see justice done to each and every soul in whichever form it comes (international or local). For now, and until we have a local tribunal, there is really no justice we expect to see done to the victims and perpetrators.

If UK and WR are innocent, let them go, they will be cleared and they come back and lead their normal lives.... and hopefully be alternating presidents of kenya. If they are found guilty, let them rot in jail....And if Ocampo has good enough evidence to come for Raila, let him also go rot there. if someone chopped off his neighbours hands and burnt his house, let him carry his cross... why do I say this? I voted in 2007. I had luo, luhya, kamba, etc neighbours who voted too. We all voted for different people. Did all our candidates win? Of course no. Did we get pissed off? of course yes but I did not kill them and they did not kill me. Werent our votes as important as for the ones of those who voted in eldoret, kisumu, naivasha so that they can kill their neighbours because "their vote was stolen"?

...."i withdraw my earlier statement here" was just trying to look at either side of the political divide
simonkabz
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 4:01:31 PM

@nostop lol! wacha uchokozi maze
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
nostoppingthis
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 4:03:27 PM

simonkabz wrote:

you saw it Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly damn!! but with that statement @wendz is looking at only one side of the situation
mwanahisa
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 9:26:57 PM

Actually Wendz's views are pretty balanced. I like many other Kenyans do not believe that the high and mighty on the Ocampo list would get an impartial trial in Kenya.
Lolest!
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 9:28:22 PM

@seeders, I agree with you. Saying that charging 6 or 20 leaders will solve all our issues is to assume that Kenyans are robots and cannot think for themselves. A politician thinks for you, then gives you weapons and cash for you to execute...hapanaa...There was deep seated hatred. Away from Naivasha and Nakuru, the rest were long term wounds spiced up with ethnic campaign by the orange party and fuelled by claims of a stolen election. [quote=Seeders]ICC is important. TJRC is critical. The people are not reconcile
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
mjuaji wa stocks
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 10:37:50 PM

Foolish kenyans we are ... including some so called wazuans.....

in 2007 ....... who was Ruto & Co fighting???? PNU .... uhuru.....kikuyus??

Who was uhuru fighting ....... ODM ..... luos ....kalenjins....

ok guys give me a break.....

Now Uhuru and ruto are now together ...... going to hague ..... na pretending to reconcile the communities they made fight.....

Some people are now saying ... hii ni sawa .... ni watu wetu...... and attend their rallies.....

Really???? Are we that foolish????

Swali hilo .... jijibu!!

Hague or no hague justice lazima ...... kama itatoka hague sawa...... kama locally .... sawa!!

Msaada wa dhambi mauti ...... malipo lazima ..... lakini kama innocent ..... waziwazi wa nini???
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

ecstacy
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 8:22:19 AM

Before you go applauding Kenyans, with a few months to the next election note the trend in that survey.

Pro-Hague highest in "Raila's" Nyanza(shocker 1) and ends in "Ruto's" Rift Valley(shocker 2). If the suspects were switched that trend would completely reverse in the same order.

Nothing good there!

Only take home is despite the massive rallies, "Uhuru's" Central actually are 50-50 about suspects like him going to the Hague. No cultic following there.
the sage
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 9:50:54 AM

ecstacy wrote:
Before you go applauding Kenyans, with a few months to the next election note the trend in that survey.

Pro-Hague highest in "Raila's" Nyanza(shocker 1) and ends in "Ruto's" Rift Valley(shocker 2). If the suspects were switched that trend would completely reverse in the same order.

Nothing good there!

Only take home is despite the massive rallies, "Uhuru's" Central actually are 50-50 about suspects like him going to the Hague. No cultic following there.

True but even in Central and the Rift, the pro ICC is 40 per cent showing strong support for the ICC.
ecstacy
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 9:59:20 AM

the sage wrote:
ecstacy wrote:

Nothing good there!

True but even in Central and the Rift, the pro ICC is 40 per cent showing strong support for the ICC.

Yes, given Central has 46% pro-Hague hence my statement "despite the massive rallies, 'Uhuru's' Central actually are 50-50 about suspects like him going to the Hague. No cultic following there."
Wendz
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 10:42:42 AM

nostoppingthis wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

you saw it Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly damn!! but with that statement @wendz is looking at only one side of the situation

@nostopping!

Whaaaaaat? three things

1. You did not read my post
2. You read but did not understand
3. I wrote in my mothertongue which might not be the same as yours in which case i might need someone translate.

May be tells you how stuck-up we are in our thinking that we only see what we want to see. By the way, in my thinking, i am actually looking at the third side and which in my opinion is what any common Kenyan should be looking at.
Bettertry
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 11:01:53 AM

That peace-preaching-campaign(or whatever it was) that UK & WR were talking about in public rallies... iyo ni yao!!! Wametuzoea kutoka 92, 97, 02 & now 07 kutungoganisha alfu baadaye they tell us to live in peace... aje, ee how now??? Roundi hii tunadai JUSTICE na hatutaki upuzi... and with that l guess u can say l belong in the 61% side.
We Will Either Find a Way or Create One - HANNIBAL
nostoppingthis
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 11:21:36 AM

@wendz, only if you saw what i wrote...@thimioni did and got the joke
Ceinz
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 11:26:50 AM

Hard to comment on this topic without appering biased, but just 2 ques? to ponder 1) Will a local trial be fair and free from mani pulation? 2) Putting urself in a victim shoe, what will be ur take?
“small step for man”
Buster
#20 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 12:51:13 PM

If Uhuru and Ruto are really preaching peace between the two communities, then how come we still have IDPs. Why have they not gone back to their shambas?