wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

What are the forex (USD) mortgage products in the market?
Interested
#1 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:53:30 PM

KCB/S&L has a forex (USD) mortgage product targeting the diaspora with rates pegged at 7%. Any other such products in the market?
Cde Monomotapa
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:59:44 PM

Interested wrote:
KCB/S&L has a forex (USD) mortgage product targeting the diaspora with rates pegged at 7%. Any other such products in the market?

Hey..I intended to bring KCA S&L to your attention when I saw the thread but seems U r already in the know. Cheers. www.kcbpropertyguide.com
craig
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 07, 2011 7:14:56 PM

also curious to know that..
tony stark
#4 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 4:01:32 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
Interested wrote:

Hey..I intended to bring KCA S&L to your attention when I saw the thread but seems U r already in the know. Cheers. www.kcbpropertyguide.com

So the loan is dollar denominated?? and you pay back in dollars??
Is it only for diasporeans or can I get it from Kenya and just buy the dollars on the markets and pay my mortgage???
Drunkard
#5 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 6:31:50 PM

tony stark wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:
Interested wrote:

Is it only for diasporeans or can I get it from Kenya and just buy the dollars on the markets and pay my mortgage???

It doesn't make any financial sense to sign up for a foreign denominated instrument and have to buy the foreign currency within the homeland to service the instrument unless you enter into some sort of a swap agreement or there is an obvious arbitrage but in this case the disparity between USD denominated interest rate and Ksh denominated interest rate is effectively off set by the inflation and therefore exchange rates!
Cde Monomotapa
#6 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 8:50:15 PM

tony stark wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:
Interested wrote:

F-WMD!