wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

JSC releases names of applicants for top judicial jobs
McReggae
#1 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 4:21:02 PM

The names have been relaesed:
http://www.nation.co.ke/...2/-/sfw4sd/-/index.html

The Judicial Service Commission has released names of applicants for the Chief Justice and Deputy Chief Justice posts.

The names include President Kibaki initial nominee for the Chief Justice post Judge Alnashir Visram and three other appeal court Judges.

The list also includes four high court Judges, a Ghanian and three lawyers engaged in private practise in Kenya.

The commission is scheduled to shortlist the applicants on Monday next week. Subsequent interviews are set of the first week of May.

Besides Judge Visram, other Appellate Judges seeking the Chief Justice post are Joseph Nyamu, Riaga Omollo and Samuel Bosire.

High Court Judges eyeing the position are Paul Kihara, Msagha Mbogoli, Mary Angawa and Justice Rawal.

Other applicants are Lee Muthoga, Willy Mutunga, Timothy Isaac Bryant and Edward Torgbor, a Ghanian who has practised law in Kenya before.

Candidates seeking the deputy Chief Justice position are High Court Judges Roseline Nambuye, William Ouko, Martha Koome, Nicholas Ombija.

Others are Gladys Shollei, Solastica Omondi, Pamela Tuitui, Nancy Baraza and Hannah Okwengu.

The commission's meeting on Monday came after the 21 days deadline for application of the jobs expired. The two positions were advertised in the Kenya Gazette and all local daily newspapers on March 4.

Under the new constitution, a person applying for the job of Chief Judge should have 15 years experience as a superior court judge.

Alternatively, the candidate should have at least 15 years’ experience as a distinguished academic, judicial officer or legal practitioner.

A previous attempt at replacing Mr Justice Evan Gicheru stalled after President Kibaki and Prime Minister Raila Odinga failed to agree on the President’s nomination of Justice Alnashir Visram.

..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
McReggae
#2 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 4:22:57 PM

I wonder why the applicants for the position of Dep CJ are all woman except two, only two women have applied for the position of CJ!!!!
Wendz
#3 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 4:29:32 PM

I dont know the others but Lee Muthoga is one respected hell of a senior counsel... i wonder why George Oraro did not apply... He is also one of the best senior counsels we have around... at least the ones i know who have their heads on their shoulders.
McReggae
#4 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 4:34:30 PM

Wendz wrote:
I dont know the others but Lee Muthoga is one respected hell of a senior counsel... i wonder why George Oraro did not apply... He is also one of the best senior counsels we have around... at least the ones i know who have their heads on their shoulders.

.....I think the dude makes so much money to ever think of being at the mercy of politicians to have his bread battered!!!!!
Lolest!
#5 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 5:07:19 PM

@mcreggae, strikes me too that women dont believe in themselves! Ama kuna mou?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#6 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 5:11:48 PM

@mcreggae, strikes me too that women dont believe in themselves! Ama kuna mou?
Wendz
#7 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 5:22:48 PM

McReggae wrote:
Wendz wrote:

.....I think the dude makes so much money to ever think of being at the mercy of politicians to have his bread battered!!!!!

You are so right he does.... that i know for sure! And he is so humble it is unbelievable! If he took up the job, it would be to serve the nation not for the money.. But those are the kind of people we need, you know.
Mpenzi
#8 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 5:50:21 PM

Wendz wrote:

you can be sure that a lot of people did not apply because of the grilling that might follow especially before parliament - whether based on fact, rumours or pure lies.
Lolest!
#9 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 8:02:44 PM

@wendz, hujui Rawal Bosire na Kariuki?
Mpenzi wrote:
Wendz wrote:

you can be sure that a lot of people did not apply because of the grilling that might follow especially before parliament - whether based on fact, rumours or pure lies.

McReggae
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:39:18 PM

Tobiko, his deputy Oriri, Omogeni, Justice Ombija, Otiende and 5 women among 30 applicants for DPP job. Short listing to be done Friday.
innairobi
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:55:47 PM

Sasa wewe @McReggae, yaani umeona tu watu wa "O" kwa hiyo list na wengine ni "among others" Laughing out loudly

McReggae wrote:
Tobiko, his deputy Oriri, Omogeni, Justice Ombija, Otiende and 5 women among 30 applicants for DPP job. Short listing to be done Friday.

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
McReggae
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:00:59 PM

innairobi wrote:
Sasa wewe @McReggae, yaani umeona tu watu wa "O" kwa hiyo list na wengine ni "among others" Laughing out loudly

McReggae wrote:

....my bad, that is how capital FM has reported it on twitter!!!....I had not realized the same, wonder why you realized it....something in you I guesse!!!!
innairobi
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:06:17 PM

My bad. Pepo mbaya ya ukabila ishindwe.

McReggae wrote:
innairobi wrote:

McReggae wrote:

....my bad, that is how capital FM has reported it on twitter!!!....I had not realized the same, wonder why you realized it....something in you I guesse!!!!

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
McReggae
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:13:24 PM

innairobi wrote:
My bad. Pepo mbaya ya ukabila ishindwe.

McReggae wrote:
innairobi wrote:

McReggae wrote:

.....jionee, http://twitter.com/#!/CapitalFM_kenya
McReggae
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:24:24 PM

Conspicously absent from the list is MK's nominee and Ruto's lawayer Mr. Kioko Kilukumi!!!!!
nostoppingthis
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:26:44 PM

McReggae wrote:
Conspicously absent from the list is MK's nominee and Ruto's lawayer Mr. Kioko Kilukumi!!!!!

Having proceeded to Hague, this was unlikely...unless he can withdraw from being WR's lawyer