wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Raila - Charity begins at home
Insurgent
#1 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 8:55:36 AM

Charity begins at home.

Apart from Mr Odinga, the three people perceived to be most powerful in ODM are all Luo — Prof Nyong’o, Lands minister James Orengo and lawyer Miguna Miguna, the PM’s “senior adviser”. Whether or not this trio is of good men is immaterial.

It doesn’t help matters that the two other “loud pro-Odinga voices” within ODM are also Luo — ODM Chief Whip Jakoyo Midiwo and Immigration minister Otieno Kajwang. I am afraid Mr Odinga’s charisma has been blighted by those close to him.

Inner cabal

To the public, it seems that Mr Odinga has surrounded himself with an inner cabal of Luo confidantes. His only close senior non-Luo ally is Deputy Prime Minister Musalia Mudavadi who is a yes man, a trait that does not belong to a true Luhya man.

Well, charity begins with you tribe and then others can be considered later.

Now, who is tribal to the core?

http://www.nation.co.ke/...n/-/e00lya/-/index.html

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Rev Canon Karanja.

YesuWangu
#2 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:06:07 AM

'We all are. I cannot be your right hand man. Why should I be when I can be my tribesman right hand man? I feel safer with him. We all are tribalists to the core.'
banyamulenge
#3 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:15:24 AM

Yes. this man RAO needs to give us a break. Makosa left right.....

1. He broke Sang's hand.
2. He caused floods in Narok.
3. Condoms shortage
4. He changed the names in the envelope.
5. He will cause draught in Turkana next year
5. He incited Libyans against Ghadaffi and now the high fuel prices....

"The longer the fuse the mightier the blast!"
ecstacy
#4 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:18:00 AM

Read the article and wondered, is Raila the change we Kenyans desire?? ...
nostoppingthis
#5 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:39:58 AM

Nice one @Banyamulenge....even b4 I read the thread, I knew it was @Insurgent since @Kukubo was banned...
innairobi
#6 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:42:47 AM

What will be most amusing though is when MeGooner MeGooner, Prof Anyang and Jakoyo Midiwo rapidly respond with acerbic opinion pieces - all the while failing to realize that their vitriolic reactions will of themselves be a confirmation of Prof Makau's observation.

Hubris.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
Lolest!
#7 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:48:27 AM

Who are you quoting?
YesuWangu wrote:
'We all are. I cannot be your right hand man. Why should I be when I can be my tribesman right hand man? I feel safer with him. We all are tribalists to the core.'

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
innairobi
#8 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:51:48 AM

I could have sworn the PM is the angelic reformer that has zero tolerance for tribalism. But hey, talking just like thinking is cheap. Heck it is free.

Raila tells Kenyan youth to shun tribalism
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
hoodrat
#9 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:54:55 AM

banyamulenge wrote:
Yes. this man RAO needs to give us a break. Makosa left right.....

1. He broke Sang's hand.
2. He caused floods in Narok.
3. Condoms shortage
4. He changed the names in the envelope.
5. He will cause draught in Turkana next year
5. He incited Libyans against Ghadaffi and now the high fuel prices....

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Yes let him give us a break!
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today!
ecstacy
#10 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 9:57:41 AM

@Insurgent - you note the RAO cultic following simply fails to address the validity of the issues raised and resorts to attempting to discredit the Kenyan who quotes the issues as highlighted in the article. The ODM outfit has been reduced to a purely tribal outfit led by a demi-god Mr flip flop. Tough times ahead for flip flopper.
nostoppingthis
#11 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 10:01:35 AM

ecstacy wrote:
@Insurgent - you note the RAO cultic following simply fails to address the validity of the issues raised and resorts to attempting to discredit the Kenyan who quotes the issues as highlighted in the article. The ODM outfit has been reduced to a purely tribal outfit led by a demi-god Mr flip flop. Tough times ahead for flip flopper.

one side of a coin....
ecstacy
#12 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 10:02:35 AM

innairobi wrote:
I could have sworn the PM is the angelic reformer that has zero tolerance for tribalism. But hey, talking just like thinking is cheap. Heck it is free.

Raila tells Kenyan youth to shun tribalism

Yerp. Domo tupu, flip flopping side to side, with a love for trappings of power. Nothing to propel us like Rwanda post-genocide or Ghana.
McReggae
#13 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 10:13:48 AM

.......he is finished yet you still think, dream, drink and eat Raila 24/7.....talk of scared sheep!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
nostoppingthis
#14 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 10:14:05 AM

@Bwana ecstasy...who is?
ecstacy
#15 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 10:16:49 AM

Simple, are the following observations True or false?

"Apart from Mr Odinga, the three people perceived to be most powerful in ODM are all Luo — Prof Nyong’o, Lands minister James Orengo and lawyer Miguna Miguna, the PM’s “senior adviser”. Whether or not this trio is of good men is immaterial.

It doesn’t help matters that the two other “loud pro-Odinga voices” within ODM are also Luo — ODM Chief Whip Jakoyo Midiwo and Immigration minister Otieno Kajwang. I am afraid Mr Odinga’s charisma has been blighted by those close to him.

Inner cabal

To the public, it seems that Mr Odinga has surrounded himself with an inner cabal of Luo confidantes. His only close senior non-Luo ally is Deputy Prime Minister Musalia Mudavadi who is a yes man, a trait that does not belong to a true Luhya man."

http://www.nation.co.ke/...n/-/e00lya/-/index.html

Focus.
Insurgent
#16 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 10:20:24 AM

ecstacy wrote:

ecstacy, that's a good one, ati Prof. flip flop. Standard also had this,

Kitendawili! Kitendawili! If Raila Amolo the son of Jaramogi swears he is back in Kanu, the whole of Kisumu will be adorned with cockerels. And before the Kanu cock crows thrice, millions of people who are ODM by blood will have renounced the orange party.

http://www.standardmedia...032499&cid=349&

@banyamulenge, if youconsider rao to be a demi god, we don't share the same rreligion. So, when you say:
1. He broke Sang's hand. Rao is mare mortal who cannot even cast a spell. Maybe he has an evil eye but am not sure
2. He caused floods in Narok. He can cause rain on a flower pot but not a whole district
3. Condoms shortage - kwani he assumes we can use the natural one. ours was removed many yrs ago.
4. He changed the names in the envelope. Ocampo, Obama, Odinga you cannto full all the poeple all the time.
5. He will cause draught in Turkana next year - why would he do that unless he is evil?
5. He incited Libyans against Ghadaffi and now the high fuel prices....Ai! You think libyans give a hoot who rao is? save us the issue on fuel. You seem to be blaming the poor fellow for everything negative. Give teh fellow credit where it is due, nto blame all the time.

@Mc

when the devil is in town, we better shout at the top of our voices lest he deceives and devours the sheep.

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Rev Canon Karanja.

Lolest!
#17 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 12:06:37 PM

On any RAO related thread the belligerents are:

For RAO: nostop, mcreggae, hoodrat,obi 1 kanobi

Against:nandwa,ngalaka,kaigangio, insurgent, simo
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Njung'e
#18 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 12:16:49 PM

Always believed Miguna is fro "Aim Higher" (Emuhaya),thus a Mnyore
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
YesuWangu
#19 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 12:18:36 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Who are you quoting?
YesuWangu wrote:

The Secret Life of the American Teenager, a popular American tv series. Paraphrased and heavily adopted to local conditions.

a) A very minor plot shows some teenage girls who do not want to hang out with another girl because she is.....different.
b) Yet when this different girl gets another friend, with almost same predicament, these other girls become angry at her choice of friend.
c) They diss this different girl. And bully her, a little.
d) And so it is repeated.
e) Sigh, teenagers.....

Funny world....
mwenza
#20 Posted : Monday, April 04, 2011 12:36:11 PM

Lolest! wrote:
On any RAO related thread the belligerents are:

For RAO: nostop, mcreggae, hoodrat,obi 1 kanobi

Against:nandwa,ngalaka,kaigangio, insurgent, simo

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN