wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

help, B15 cant move uphill
mantosha
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:55:00 PM

Hi,good people.My nissan B15 cant move up a steep hill even when i put 1st gear.its automatic gearbox seems not to transfer power to the wheels.does any one know of a good mechanic who can sort me.thanks.
What a man can be,he must be.
Impunity
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 4:25:50 PM

That is the price of cheap things.
Try to install a manual pedal on the driver's side.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Chaka
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:42:38 PM

@Man,
Have you checked the ATF level?
jaggernaut
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:50:23 PM

Impunity wrote:
That is the price of cheap things.
Try to install a manual pedal on the driver's side.

Did you have to write that. Nissan is one of the respected global car makers producing very reliable cars, price notwithstanding. My wife has a B15 which has been very reliable for several years now, more reliable and cheaper to maintain than my European model.
Njung'e
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 1:18:33 PM

@Mantosha,
Check oil level.......happens if your jinga fundi replenished your gearbox with oil while it was on neutral gear,thus isolating some compartments......The other thing is,you may have lost your gearbox and i doubt there are many mechanics who know how to repair or service planetary gearboxes.You may have to replace it,which would be cheaper in the long run.....just some opinion.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Impunity
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:09:32 PM

Njung'e wrote:
@Mantosha,
Check oil level.......happens if your jinga fundi replenished your gearbox with oil while it was on neutral gear,thus isolating some compartments......The other thing is,you may have lost your gearbox and i doubt there are many mechanics who know how to repair or service planetary gearboxes.You may have to replace it,which would be cheaper in the long run.....just some opinion.

A bijuti owner advising a dot com?
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

www.giantquicksales.com
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:04:03 PM

I strongly agree with impunity; our mechanics are seldom well equiped with modern technology to detect such problems nor do they have the requisite skills. Majority of them have not kept pace with the rapidly changing technology. As a result, they end up damaging rather than repairing.
Nevertheless, i recommend that you find a good mechanic who can diagnose the problem before incurring huge expenses.These good mechanics dont come cheap, but their service is reliable and can reduce the overall cost of maintenance.
www.giantquicksales.com is bringing professionalism and value to car and real estate dealership.

Speed, Trust and Informativeness are our primary selling points. visit us today and sample some of our services!
Njung'e
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:58:59 PM

Impunity wrote:

A bijuti owner advising a dot com?
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

@Impunity,
Uko nyuma tuu saaaaana!.....A while back,i sold a 1971 vintage Datsun 260Z (Fairlady they used to call it.This is not Greek you brari user!!)smile .....Believe it or not,it had an Allison automatic gearbox.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
mantosha
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:05:26 PM

Chaka wrote:
@Man,
Have you checked the ATF level?

the atf is fine.my local mechanic suspects the auto clutch is kaput.recommends that i save myself mental stress by simply buying a new gearbox.i just wanted more opinions .

mnjoro
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:23:08 PM

That gearbox needs replacement.As advised earlier its cheaper.The gearbox will cost you about 26k as per the last time my friend replaced hers.
redondo
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:03:11 PM

@mantosha. Is it that your B15 cant go uphill or does it go("crawl") up hill very slowly without engaging the right gear?. I experienced uphill "crawling" with my B15 and it turned out that it was a problem with the airflow sensor. If it totally cant move uphill then it could be the gear box
Digitali
#12 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 10:59:11 AM

You are right redondo. this couldbe an issue with the airflow sensor or the Engine control unit which controls the gear shifting. your gear could be stuck at gear three hence difficulties in climbing hills or inertia when starting to move! You need the vehile diagnosed to establish what the problem could be!
redondo
#13 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 11:45:11 AM

@digitali, good point. Incidentally, my problem was fixed by replacing both the air flow sensor and the Engine control Unit. A proper diagnosis is in order.
mantosha
#14 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 4:34:29 PM

very good replies.my problem is not always present.every time the gearbox refuses to fully transmit power the car 'crawls'.so i have to switch off engine and start again,sometimes several times before full power transmission occurs.i suspect it could be sensors. so who can refer me to a good mechanic.
Kwanini
#15 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 5:07:32 PM

@mantosha,
the school of hard knocks offers nothing but the truth. why do u you continue refusing to listen to them that sit under the iroko tree ?

My take

<<Problem- intermitent gearing problem. Switching off, pressing the accel with gear in, may engage the gears. Embarassing in parking lots and unpredictable. >>> ANSWER- THE CLUTCH IN THE PLANETARY GEARBOX IS ON ITS LAST DAYS- READ DEAD. Do not Bother opening the Gearbox to Repair.>

Your Choices:-

0- U change the ATF = The problem worsens, remains.
1. You take digitali advice- the sensors will report a code... u part with 3k or more. Time for Scarface, the Kanunga mechanic.

2. You buy useless sensors blah blah. Nothing doing.

3. You take ua car somewhere near Kobil Langata to a fellow claiming he is relatives to Obama and he's educated in USA. He fries u 12k, shares a few sensors from u limo.

4. He refers u to his cousin near Karen Roundabout - 3k towing fee, who has a working computer.. blah blah.. Still nothing...tears, time wasted. money gone

5. Finally u go to Used part Importers [with own Repair shops], pay a deposit for good Gearbox, ATF, Diagnostics and labour .one sum.

6 After one day , Kila kitu bei moja, u drive off happy.

7. Being Happy for Wazua, you donate all u can to Sk Charity for a good cause.

Now which one shall it be? Come back and lets know how it works out. In the mean time, tongue in cheek, avoid carrying your mother in law or stocks in dat limo. The aibu can be .... unwelcome.Drool
"For i am the master and the captain of my fate"
Papa Investor
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 11:39:16 AM

Kwanini wrote:
@mantosha,
the school of hard knocks offers nothing but the truth. why do u you continue refusing to listen to them that sit under the iroko tree ?

My take

<<Problem- intermitent gearing problem. Switching off, pressing the accel with gear in, may engage the gears. Embarassing in parking lots and unpredictable. >>> ANSWER- THE CLUTCH IN THE PLANETARY GEARBOX IS ON ITS LAST DAYS- READ DEAD. Do not Bother opening the Gearbox to Repair.>

Your Choices:-

0- U change the ATF = The problem worsens, remains.
1. You take digitali advice- the sensors will report a code... u part with 3k or more. Time for Scarface, the Kanunga mechanic.

2. You buy useless sensors blah blah. Nothing doing.

3. You take ua car somewhere near Kobil Langata to a fellow claiming he is relatives to Obama and he's educated in USA. He fries u 12k, shares a few sensors from u limo.

4. He refers u to his cousin near Karen Roundabout - 3k towing fee, who has a working computer.. blah blah.. Still nothing...tears, time wasted. money gone

5. Finally u go to Used part Importers [with own Repair shops], pay a deposit for good Gearbox, ATF, Diagnostics and labour .one sum. Kindly share contacts of a good "parts importer" who is credible and can offer the all in one service.

6 After one day , Kila kitu bei moja, u drive off happy.

7. Being Happy for Wazua, you donate all u can to Sk Charity for a good cause.

Now which one shall it be? Come back and lets know how it works out. In the mean time, tongue in cheek, avoid carrying your mother in law or stocks in dat limo. The aibu can be .... unwelcome.Drool

mantosha
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 7:54:37 PM

thanks for your responses.very helpful.so next week am off to 'inda' to get my self a fresh gearbox.smile