wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Raila: PEV was Planned & Systematic
selah
#41 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:15:27 PM

@obi your argument is biased as it tend to clear the opposition of any blame on how their utterances had raised the political tension to a frenzy I remember killings in Nyanza started even b4 we voted, several APs and PNU Agents were lynched on the Eve of the elections.During the voting period PNU had No agents In Nyanza and some western constituencies Even In Langata PNU agents were ejected No such incidences were reported IN PNU strongholds.

disclaimer:I dont hold any briefs for any party apart from the flower party.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Ngalaka
#42 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 4:01:35 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
When history is written, it will simply look to apportion blame to the one man who bears the most responsibility for the PEV. And thats the man who had all the power at that time; president kibaki, as president, he swore an oath to respect the constitution and protect Kenyans and did nothing during this dark period in our country's past.

It was his cowardly action of being sworn in, in the middle of the night that sparked the protests either spontaneously or signalled the start of the planned attacks.

Secondly, he ignored all warnings from the intelligence agencies about the impending attacks

Thirdly, he failed to take action to stem the planned violence and instead opted to send rogue security agents to shoot people in Kisumu and Nairobi.

When things became real bad, his inaction forced Kenyans to take desperate measures like revenge attacks on other innocent Kenyan's.

And finally, four years after the deeds, he has been unable to arrest, charge and prosecute a single soul with responsibility for the violence. This has opened the door for the ICC to re-colonize our country.

Guy's we all turn to our favourite punching bags when frustrated or just for the fun of it, but deep down we all know who dropped the ball. I am sure muthaura knows very well the source of his problems, and it is not from a lake, his eyes are cast up towards a certain mountain.

I agree with most points raised here, but cant fail to see the contradiction therein;

Kibaki action of being sworn in 'at night' caused the chaos!
While
At the same time admitting that there were intelligence warnings of impending chaos right before the elections!

Of course Kibaki's inadequate action before and after onset of the chaos was costly to Kenya!

Failure to prosecute upto date, is yet another blame that Kibaki takes. He however shares this with his coalition partner Raila!

I agree that as Kenya, having our issues handled at the Hague is belittling to us, as a people!

However, I am not persuaded that there was anything wrong in Kibaki being sworn in, just before dusk, as that was the last day by law that, someone had to take office to avoid power a vacuum.

History will judge Kibaki harshly as a poor commander in chief, - one who failed to gallantly protect Kenyans, and left them to fight, each for oneself.

History will judge Raila harshly too, as the Presidential candindate who refused to accept ECK verdict and proceeded to incite Kenyans to rise against one another - and even days after seeing what his calls resulted to - (death and mayhem), he continued to call for the same!

It is immoral for Raila to betray his comrades in the PEV enterprise.

Hypocrisy
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
ecstacy
#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 4:06:04 PM

Ngalaka wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
When history is written, it will simply look to apportion blame to the one man who bears the most responsibility for the PEV. And thats the man who had all the power at that time; president kibaki, as president, he swore an oath to respect the constitution and protect Kenyans and did nothing during this dark period in our country's past.

It was his cowardly action of being sworn in, in the middle of the night that sparked the protests either spontaneously or signalled the start of the planned attacks.

Secondly, he ignored all warnings from the intelligence agencies about the impending attacks

Thirdly, he failed to take action to stem the planned violence and instead opted to send rogue security agents to shoot people in Kisumu and Nairobi.

When things became real bad, his inaction forced Kenyans to take desperate measures like revenge attacks on other innocent Kenyan's.

And finally, four years after the deeds, he has been unable to arrest, charge and prosecute a single soul with responsibility for the violence. This has opened the door for the ICC to re-colonize our country.

Guy's we all turn to our favourite punching bags when frustrated or just for the fun of it, but deep down we all know who dropped the ball. I am sure muthaura knows very well the source of his problems, and it is not from a lake, his eyes are cast up towards a certain mountain.

I agree with most points raised here but cant fail to see the contradiction of;

Kibaki action of being sworn in 'at night' caused the chaos!
While at the same time admitting that there were intelligence warnings of impending chaos right before the elections!

Of course Kibakis inadequate action before and after onset of the chaos was costly to Kenya!

Failure to prosecute upto date is yet another blame that Kibaki take. He however shares this with his coalition partner head!

I agree that as Kenya, having our issues handled at the Hague is belittling to us as a people!

However I am not persuaded that there was anything wrong in Kibaki being sworn in just before dusk as that was the last day by law that someone had to take office to avoid power vacuum.

History will judge Kibaki harsly as a poor commander in chief one who failed to gallantly protect Kenyans and left them to fight each for oneself.

History will judge Raila harsly too as the Presidential candindate who refused to accept ECK verdict and proceeded to incite Kenyans to rise against one another - and even days after seeing what his calls resulted to - (death and mayhem), he continued to call for the same!

It is immoral for Raila to betray his comrades in the PEV enterprise.

Hypocrisy

Applause Applause Applause Applause